Author Topic: Pick 2: Draft Order (order for Coaches round posted on pg 204)  (Read 482122 times)

Re: Pick 2: Draft Order for teams and picks
« Reply #585 on: February 15, 2013, 11:10:55 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Portland is happy for any advice. TPs in return. Oh and Gordon Lightfoot CDs.

« Reply #586 on: February 15, 2013, 11:19:56 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Roy Hobbs, throwin shade at the sun as usual. Probably bitter that the CB Draft Bulls turned out to be the top dog.

Count 'em:

'08, '09, '12.

How many you got?

Listen here Robert Horry, we both know Edgar did all the dirty work. We all know this. And when Edgar wasn't making the picks, your wife was running game on the trade phones.

2012 CB BULLS 4 LYFE!!!

Any other team have the defensive player of the year, MVP, and finals MVP all on the same team?

Nope, a very solid team indeed.

I wonder how your team matches up against mine from this past summer. I think mine had more talent across the board, and is deeper, but the 11 Knicks (none of that funny team stuff) had Lebron. Did you have Millsap too?

Holiday/Jack
Wade/Shved/Butler
Pierce/Parsons/(Butler)
Young/(Bosh)/(Splitter)
Bosh/Splitter/Vucevic

Deep bench: Lamb/Haywood

We started

Jennings/billups
Wes Mathews
Lebron
Millsap
Tyson chandler
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #587 on: February 15, 2013, 11:24:25 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I think you've got me in the starting 5, and thus the series. Heck of a team.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #588 on: February 15, 2013, 11:26:26 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Roy Hobbs, throwin shade at the sun as usual. Probably bitter that the CB Draft Bulls turned out to be the top dog.

Count 'em:

'08, '09, '12.

How many you got?

Listen here Robert Horry, we both know Edgar did all the dirty work. We all know this. And when Edgar wasn't making the picks, your wife was running game on the trade phones.

2012 CB BULLS 4 LYFE!!!

Any other team have the defensive player of the year, MVP, and finals MVP all on the same team?

Nope, a very solid team indeed.

I wonder how your team matches up against mine from this past summer. I think mine had more talent across the board, and is deeper, but the 11 Knicks (none of that funny team stuff) had Lebron. Did you have Millsap too?

Holiday/Jack
Wade/Shved/Butler
Pierce/Parsons/(Butler)
Young/(Bosh)/(Splitter)
Bosh/Splitter/Vucevic

Deep bench: Lamb/Haywood

We started

Jennings/Billups
Wes Mathews/Gary Neal
Lebron/Mike Miller/Chris Singleton
Millsap/Boris Diaw
Tyson chandler/Nazr Mohammed

Fixed

« Reply #589 on: February 15, 2013, 11:32:39 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1642
Anyone want to talk strategy or something? I've got thought on just about every team on who/which 'type' of player they could pursue, and Im a bit annoyed after realizing that Im not going to be able to acquire Chris Bosh or another capable floor spacing center.

Irving could end up being a top 5 player in the NBA.  I think he's that good. 

With that said, he's not exactly a good defensive player at this point and you'll need to load your team with guys who can hide him.  The one thing he does have is size (he's big for a PG) and you might consider grabbing a defensive-minded combo guard to take the better offensive threat every night. 

Aside from that, I view Thompson as more of a complementary piece, not a guy around whom you design your gameplan.  Irving is your man.  Get guys who Irving can help, and who can help Irving.  If you can't get a perimeter big, then I wouldn't hesitate to move Thompson.  He's a solid player, which means he's also a solid trade chip.

« Reply #590 on: February 15, 2013, 11:34:38 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green

A Center is the most pressing concern, a decent SF shouldn't be too hard to obtain, but you need a formidable frotncourt partner for LA
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #591 on: February 15, 2013, 11:41:33 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Anyone want to talk strategy or something? I've got thought on just about every team on who/which 'type' of player they could pursue, and Im a bit annoyed after realizing that Im not going to be able to acquire Chris Bosh or another capable floor spacing center.

With that said, he's not exactly a good defensive player at this point and you'll need to load your team with guys who can hide him.  The one thing he does have is size (he's big for a PG) and you might consider grabbing a defensive-minded combo guard to take the better offensive threat every night. 

Aside from that, I view Thompson as more of a complementary piece, not a guy around whom you design your gameplan.  Irving is your man.  Get guys who Irving can help, and who can help Irving.  If you can't get a perimeter big, then I wouldn't hesitate to move Thompson.  He's a solid player, which means he's also a solid trade chip.

Before I did my homework selecting the Cavs, that was my thought as well.

Here is what David Thorpe says about Thompson, filed under 'Guys In The Rising Stars likely to make at least one all-star game'

Tristan Thompson, Cavaliers | Sophomore
TT is quietly putting together a nice Most Improved Player campaign. He is learning how to finish shots, making free throws better, and playing like the athlete he was in college. He has the talent to be one of the league's top rebounders and a double-double guy for the next eight seasons. He should also be a plus defender, capable of guarding either big position as well as stretch 4s, thanks to his agility.

« Reply #592 on: February 15, 2013, 11:43:00 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders

Aldridge would really benefit from a banger in the middle.  He's come a long way in the toughness department since he came into the league, but he's still best suited as a face-up big on the elbow.  A physical space-eater inside would complement that really well. 

« Reply #593 on: February 15, 2013, 11:43:16 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Not that Im not open to moving Thompson, just that my asking price a bit higher than most might expect.

« Reply #594 on: February 15, 2013, 11:53:50 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
Trading Andrew Bynum for a first

« Reply #595 on: February 15, 2013, 11:56:08 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders

Before I did my homework selecting the Cavs, that was my thought as well.

Here is what David Thorpe says about Thompson, filed under 'Guys In The Rising Stars likely to make at least one all-star game'

Tristan Thompson, Cavaliers | Sophomore
TT is quietly putting together a nice Most Improved Player campaign. He is learning how to finish shots, making free throws better, and playing like the athlete he was in college. He has the talent to be one of the league's top rebounders and a double-double guy for the next eight seasons. He should also be a plus defender, capable of guarding either big position as well as stretch 4s, thanks to his agility.

I just question whether he'll develop any range.  I think you were on to something when you were looking for a perimeter 5 - I'd keep pressing that angle. 

What do you view as Thompson's ceiling?  I see him as a 16/12 guy with good defense.  That's an excellent roleplayer, but I still think you need to worry about putting that good #2 scorer next to Irving, and then figuring out where Thompson fits into the puzzle.

« Reply #596 on: February 16, 2013, 12:06:58 AM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

He'd be an intriguing frontcourt complement to LMA.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #597 on: February 16, 2013, 12:25:16 AM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders

In terms of skillset, yes.  In terms of temperament, maybe not so much.  Bynum seems determined to be an alpha dog (deserved or not) and may not like the fact that Portland is LMA's team at this point. 

« Reply #598 on: February 16, 2013, 12:30:05 AM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513

In terms of skillset, yes.  In terms of temperament, maybe not so much.  Bynum seems determined to be an alpha dog (deserved or not) and may not like the fact that Portland is LMA's team at this point.

Yes Bynum is an alpha dog but Dwight is the one having problems with Kobe when Bynum was there he knew it was kobes team

« Reply #599 on: February 16, 2013, 12:37:34 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

I disagree, A.Bynum would be bad for Aldridge just like A.Bynum was bad for Pau Gasol.

Sticking Aldridge alongside a low-post-only big man forces Aldridge to spend a larger proportion of his time and receive a larger portion of touches and shot attempts further away from the basket. More time in that 15-22 foot range than in that 6-12 foot range.

Which creates lower quality scoring opportunities which leads to both lower scoring numbers and lower scoring efficiency. It makes Aldridge less of a threat offensively. Easier to defend against. Less of a matchup problem.

You want to get Aldridge alongside a big man who has an inside-outside game (like Marc Gasol) or someone who plays mainly away from the hoop. Avoid guys who only have value offensively 5 foot from the basket (at least in important / big minute roles).