Author Topic: Pick 2: Draft Order (order for Coaches round posted on pg 204)  (Read 482072 times)

Re: Pick 2: Draft Order for teams and picks
« Reply #570 on: February 15, 2013, 10:07:56 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Just a quick point I wanted to address.

Since there is a salary cap were using, is there also going to be a salary floor every team will need to meet?

Yes.  I know I mentioned it somewhere, but the salary "floor" is $49.337 million.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #571 on: February 15, 2013, 10:10:27 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Roy Hobbs, throwin shade at the sun as usual. Probably bitter that the CB Draft Bulls turned out to be the top dog. Itsagonnabeagooddraft, you guys.

I was entertaining moving my 1st and 3rd for a first in the 1-5 range and a 6th. If anyone finds that they aren't in love with any of the fits there, send a PM.

Also open to discussing Tristan Thompson. Either in trade, or just as a fan who figured out they'd been wrong about him all along. 15 and 10 in 33 minutes you guys, solid defender and efficient scorer. Who saw that coming?

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #572 on: February 15, 2013, 10:11:13 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
If anyone is considering trading a pick in the first 2/3 of the 1st round, please contact Rebus and me. We'd be happy to talk trade.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #573 on: February 15, 2013, 10:19:15 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
It's great to see so much new blood in this draft.  I'm impressed by the level of activity.

I'd encourage everyone to look over last year's draft board before making any trades, just to get an idea of value.  Also, be skeptical if any of the veteran GMs try to talk you into a deal.  (Hint:  Mr. Proceed does not have your best interests at heart, no
 matter how many semi-clever quips he throws at you.)

But, but he told me I was special. ;D

« Reply #574 on: February 15, 2013, 10:21:30 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Roy Hobbs, throwin shade at the sun as usual. Probably bitter that the CB Draft Bulls turned out to be the top dog.

Count 'em:

'08, '09, '12.

How many you got?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #575 on: February 15, 2013, 10:28:52 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816
Roy Hobbs, throwin shade at the sun as usual. Probably bitter that the CB Draft Bulls turned out to be the top dog.

Count 'em:

'08, '09, '12.

How many you got?

Dinoboxerbots still got robbed
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #576 on: February 15, 2013, 10:33:29 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Count 'em:

'08, '09, '12.

How many you got?

Listen here Robert Horry, we both know Edgar did all the dirty work. We all know this. And when Edgar wasn't making the picks, your wife was running game on the trade phones.

2012 CB BULLS 4 LYFE!!!

« Reply #577 on: February 15, 2013, 10:46:51 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

Count 'em:

'08, '09, '12.

How many you got?

Listen here Robert Horry, we both know Edgar did all the dirty work. We all know this. And when Edgar wasn't making the picks, your wife was running game on the trade phones.

2012 CB BULLS 4 LYFE!!!

Any other team have the defensive player of the year, MVP, and finals MVP all on the same team?
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #578 on: February 15, 2013, 10:48:01 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Anyone want to talk strategy or something? I've got thought on just about every team on who/which 'type' of player they could pursue, and Im a bit annoyed after realizing that Im not going to be able to acquire Chris Bosh or another capable floor spacing center.

« Reply #579 on: February 15, 2013, 10:51:46 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Count 'em:

'08, '09, '12.

How many you got?

Dinoboxerbots still got robbed
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

« Reply #580 on: February 15, 2013, 10:52:46 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Well I'd ask IP for advice but apparently, he's not my buddy and my name is now Guy.  ;D Plus he'd likely just steal the player Lucky and I want. ;D

« Reply #581 on: February 15, 2013, 10:53:01 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
Anyone want to talk strategy or something? I've got thought on just about every team on who/which 'type' of player they could pursue, and Im a bit annoyed after realizing that Im not going to be able to acquire Chris Bosh or another capable floor spacing center.

For my team (SA),  I'm looking for '3 and D' guys at the 2 and 3, and then a mobile defender at the 4 to put next to Duncan.

As for backups, I need defenders who are capable of moving the ball.  They need to be decent floor spacers, too.

Your team is building for the future, I assume, so I would look for young guys with potential on the cheap.  If you're trying to win, trade Thompson and a couple picks for a high first.

« Reply #582 on: February 15, 2013, 10:57:30 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Count 'em:

'08, '09, '12.

How many you got?

2012 CB BULLS 4 LYFE!!!

Any other team have the defensive player of the year, MVP, and finals MVP all on the same team?

Nope, a very solid team indeed.

I wonder how your team matches up against mine from this past summer. I think mine had more talent across the board, and is deeper, but the 11 Knicks (none of that funny team stuff) had Lebron. Did you have Millsap too?

Holiday/Jack
Wade/Shved/Butler
Pierce/Parsons/(Butler)
Young/(Bosh)/(Splitter)
Bosh/Splitter/Vucevic

Deep bench: Lamb/Haywood

« Reply #583 on: February 15, 2013, 10:58:19 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
I want lots of solid bigs, traditional style
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #584 on: February 15, 2013, 11:10:00 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

For my team (SA),  I'm looking for '3 and D' guys at the 2 and 3, and then a mobile defender at the 4 to put next to Duncan.

As for backups, I need defenders who are capable of moving the ball.  They need to be decent floor spacers, too.

Your team is building for the future, I assume, so I would look for young guys with potential on the cheap.  If you're trying to win, trade Thompson and a couple picks for a high first.

For my own team, I neve like to pigeon-hole myself as 'building for the future'. The way I see it, Im looking for versatile high-character guys at the 2 and 3 who can compensate for Irving's sub-par passing, and ideally a 5 who can clear some space for Irving.

I don't think Im going to trade for picks in the first few rounds, because people's value scales tend to highly favor 1sts. I think Id be better off waiting for teams to sort themselves out, and then facilitate filling holes (giggity).

For the Spurs, it is absolutely imperative that you get a high-caliber big next to Duncan immediately, and a high-scoring wing. The cool thing about Duncan is that you can go young though next to him. If I had been able to land the Spurs, my top target in the draft or via trade would've likely been Derrick Favors. The other cool thing about the Spurs is that you can take a flier on malcontents. I doubt you could snag a Boogie Cousins, but think of other 'unstable' bigs who need some guidance.

And with everything Spurs, you gotta go 'tough'. Don't pick any pansies.