Author Topic: Pick 2: Draft Order (order for Coaches round posted on pg 204)  (Read 484076 times)

Re: Pick 2: Draft Order for teams and picks
« Reply #315 on: February 15, 2013, 08:23:18 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Not sure I understand the injuries. Are we assuming its a perfect world and everybody is healthy? Or are we going by real life?

No, if your player is injured they will kill you for that. Injuries matter in this game. Heck, a mild sprain ankle would be a career ending injury in this game to be honest. LOL

Trust me, I know.

Why do you say that? Lol

That's the name of the game. Other GM's would find any possible ways to argue that your team is not the best. Injuries are the main weapon. Especially when you get players that are injured prone.

With that in mind, Eric Gordon will miss a ton of games Who, you should have not picked him along with A.Davis.

I don't think mild ankle sprains for somebody that doesnt have a history of ankle sprains is an issue. I think somebody that has missed more games than they have played over the past 3 years has injuries come into play in this game.

It was an issue last year for a player not to be named. Man, I fought long and hard to defend that.  ;D

You're not talking about a certain 7' tall Australian, are you?  His injury concerns were pretty valid.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #316 on: February 15, 2013, 08:32:06 AM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
Not sure I understand the injuries. Are we assuming its a perfect world and everybody is healthy? Or are we going by real life?

No, if your player is injured they will kill you for that. Injuries matter in this game. Heck, a mild sprain ankle would be a career ending injury in this game to be honest. LOL

Trust me, I know.

Why do you say that? Lol

That's the name of the game. Other GM's would find any possible ways to argue that your team is not the best. Injuries are the main weapon. Especially when you get players that are injured prone.

With that in mind, Eric Gordon will miss a ton of games Who, you should have not picked him along with A.Davis.

I don't think mild ankle sprains for somebody that doesnt have a history of ankle sprains is an issue. I think somebody that has missed more games than they have played over the past 3 years has injuries come into play in this game.

It was an issue last year for a player not to be named. Man, I fought long and hard to defend that.  ;D

You're not talking about a certain 7' tall Australian, are you?  His injury concerns were pretty valid.

Yea those were valid as he has a long history

« Reply #317 on: February 15, 2013, 08:34:12 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

Trust me, I know.

Why do you say that? Lol

Yea those were valid as he has a long history

And has been on the bench for most of the year in my fantasy league  :(
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #318 on: February 15, 2013, 08:39:58 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
just curious, if we want to select a player that's not active in the NBA, can we do that and if so, can we sign them for the vet min?

« Reply #319 on: February 15, 2013, 08:42:22 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
just curious, if we want to select a player that's not active in the NBA, can we do that and if so, can we sign them for the vet min?

If he is a FA just sitting out there, sure.

But if the player is retired or playing overseas, that's where they are in this game.  You would just own the rights. 

« Reply #320 on: February 15, 2013, 08:46:55 AM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
I think there a half dozen duos still out there I'd be happy to build around.

I still haven't forgiven you yet. We ain't buddies, we ain't partners, and we gosh darn sure ain't friends. Steal my blazers? I will steal all yours picks for the rest of the draft! All of them!

Oh, I know. I knew it right when the draft order got posted.

But we'll heckle the everliving crap out of you while you do it:

That's me on the left or is it the right?

« Reply #321 on: February 15, 2013, 08:47:17 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

If he is a FA just sitting out there, sure.

But if the player is retired or playing overseas, that's where they are in this game.  You would just own the rights.
Thanks

« Reply #322 on: February 15, 2013, 08:48:25 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I thought Roy said "market rate". A lot of players overseas would command a lot more than the minimum, especially if they are a FA (don't have a European contract)

« Reply #323 on: February 15, 2013, 08:50:26 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
I thought Roy said "market rate". A lot of players overseas would command a lot more than the minimum, especially if they are a FA (don't have a European contract)

Yeah.

If you're signing a free agent, I will determine the salary.  PM me, or ask publicly.  Most free agents will get the vet minimum, but at least one I can think of would command more than that.

For players currently under contract overseas, you can acquire their "rights".  However, that player won't be playing for your team this year, and thus wouldn't count against your cap.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #324 on: February 15, 2013, 09:00:41 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

Trust me, I know.

Why do you say that? Lol

But his injuries are non recurring. And yet I got killed by everybody with it. He's being productive now isnt he? Missed games and all.

Injuries are a big target in this game. You got a certain guy on your team that gets injured a lot, you might wanna do your homework on how to defend him.

I sure as heck tried. LOL
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #325 on: February 15, 2013, 09:05:19 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

Trust me, I know.

Why do you say that? Lol

But his injuries are non recurring. And yet I got killed by everybody with it. He's being productive now isnt he? Missed games and all.

Injuries are a big target in this game. You got a certain guy on your team that gets injured a lot, you might wanna do your homework on how to defend him.

I sure as heck tried. LOL

Bogut has provent that we were all right about him.  He has missed the majority of the season and is not playing up to his non-injured level. 
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #326 on: February 15, 2013, 09:05:19 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Well, he's still not playing in back-to-backs, and has played 10 games so far.  I can't knock anybody who didn't have faith in him to have a healthy season.

Unfortunately, I think people are going to be saying the same think about AV next year.  He just seems prone to a lot of freak injuries.

« Reply #327 on: February 15, 2013, 09:07:18 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Well, he's still not playing in back-to-backs, and has played 10 games so far.  I can't knock anybody who didn't have faith in him to have a healthy season.

Unfortunately, I think people are going to be saying the same think about AV next year.  He just seems prone to a lot of freak injuries.
Haven't they all been his legs until the recent blood clot? (which was from surgery on his leg)

So many leg injuries in a big man unfortunately don't usually go away.

« Reply #328 on: February 15, 2013, 09:10:39 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Haven't they all been his legs until the recent blood clot? (which was from surgery on his leg)

No, Varejao missed most of last year with a broken wrist.  Before that it was his (left) ankle, and this year a (right) quad / hernia / blood clot.

« Reply #329 on: February 15, 2013, 09:11:11 AM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones

No, Varejao missed most of last year with a broken wrist.  Before that it was his ankle, and this year a quad / blood clot.

I blame it on all the Perm's