Author Topic: Pick 2: Draft Order (order for Coaches round posted on pg 204)  (Read 488351 times)

Re: Pick 2: Draft Order for teams and picks
« Reply #930 on: February 17, 2013, 11:30:11 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I'm more curious as to what direction the Spurs go with parker and bradley and two later firsts

Gonna be tough to add a quality big man that late in the 1st round.

« Reply #931 on: February 17, 2013, 11:30:32 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200

These gentlemen are unafraid of this technological terror SO has constructed.

If Drummond doesn't bite on the first upfake, he will on the 15th.

« Reply #932 on: February 17, 2013, 11:30:57 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Trade confirmed:

Spurs send: Tim Duncan, 2.28, 4.28

to

Celtics for: Avery Bradley, 1.20, 5.20

Imagine Tim Duncan and Garnett playing together in real life...

I love KG and Duncan together but Boston only has two late 2nd rounders now, don't they?

That is going to be a tough one to pull off.

« Reply #933 on: February 17, 2013, 11:31:44 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 513
Really like this trade for celtics i mean realistically Bradley is an average player with great defense but Duncan is a superstar

« Reply #934 on: February 17, 2013, 11:32:28 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
Trade confirmed:

to

Not sure that trade helps either team.

Oh, come on! Tim Duncan and Kevin Garnett on one team? Do you know how much fun that'd be?

It'd make for an awkward Mother's Day.

« Reply #935 on: February 17, 2013, 11:32:54 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
Also, per Andrew Bynum, and alleged 'hate', keep hatin, haters. Bynum pulled down 18 and 12 last year, clearly the second best center in basketball. Yes, he's been injured this season, but my main building block is Kyrie Irving, a young man who at a tender age of 21 is barely scratching the surface of his talent. I'm not just playing for this season, I'm playing for the future as well. So I've of the opportunity to buy low on a 25 year old center who is locked up long term, to pair with my 21 year old all-star and my 22 year old 15 and 10 power forward.

So I guess Im not really sure where the hate comes into it. 18 and 12, 60 TS%, already got an allstar appearance. Even if he doesn't play a game til next season (which will not be the case, I believe he'll be playing by the end of the month), how is it not a no-brainer to acquire him?

Because of his injury history, I rank him squarely behind howard and M. Gasol with Monroe flying up the ranks behind him.

« Reply #936 on: February 17, 2013, 11:34:18 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Trade confirmed:

to

Yea, for me, I worry about Boston's third piece. I don't think they'll see the talent they need in the 2nd to cement themselves as contenders.

For the spurs, I guess rebuild in the draft, but dunno with who.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #937 on: February 17, 2013, 11:34:42 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
Trade confirmed:

to

Imagine Tim Duncan and Garnett playing together in real life...

I love KG and Duncan together but Boston only has two late 2nd rounders now, don't they?

That is going to be a tough one to pull off.

It'll be fun. I didn't see how else to this. It's not as if with Bradley and Garnett I was going to be able to get an impact player at 1.20 to turn me into a contender.

Now, I put a middle finger up to the new NBA and work from this inside-out.

« Reply #938 on: February 17, 2013, 11:35:30 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge

These gentlemen are unafraid of this technological terror SO has constructed.

If Drummond doesn't bite on the first upfake, he will on the 15th.

That's fine, but after 15 upfakes KG or Duncan are going to need some serious oxygen.

« Reply #939 on: February 17, 2013, 11:35:43 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
Trade confirmed:

to

Yea, for me, I worry about Boston's third piece. I don't think they'll see the talent they need in the 2nd to cement themselves as contenders.

For the spurs, I guess rebuild in the draft, but dunno with who.

Im hoping Spurs are getting an All Star for Tony Parker as Bradley as your franchise player doesnt cut it

« Reply #940 on: February 17, 2013, 11:37:25 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
There's been a lot of talk about contenders already for a game with no way to win.

And besides, it's not as if the games we have that people can actually win are based in reality, if they were SO would be spending all our time crowing instead of simply feeling intellectually superior to you all.

« Reply #941 on: February 17, 2013, 11:37:39 PM »

Online Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1666
With the beginning of the draft tomorrow, anybody willing to use the chat to talk shop?

Link is here:  http://www.celticsblog.com/pages/celticsblog-live-chat-2

« Reply #942 on: February 17, 2013, 11:39:34 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
Also, per Andrew Bynum, and alleged 'hate', keep hatin, haters. Bynum pulled down 18 and 12 last year, clearly the second best center in basketball. Yes, he's been injured this season, but my main building block is Kyrie Irving, a young man who at a tender age of 21 is barely scratching the surface of his talent. I'm not just playing for this season, I'm playing for the future as well. So I've of the opportunity to buy low on a 25 year old center who is locked up long term, to pair with my 21 year old all-star and my 22 year old 15 and 10 power forward.

So I guess Im not really sure where the hate comes into it. 18 and 12, 60 TS%, already got an allstar appearance. Even if he doesn't play a game til next season (which will not be the case, I believe he'll be playing by the end of the month), how is it not a no-brainer to acquire him?

Because, what if he comes back next season and gets injured again? That's the trend.

Or what if he spends his summer bonus on the new Cool Ranch Tacos and comes back 200 pounds heavier? You're telling me you don't think this guy could be the next Eddy Curry? I had 3 guys listed as undraftable, he's one of them.

If you're building for the future, why not just keep the injured center you have already? At least that guy has a clear passion for the game, and a much improved offensive game before he went down.

« Reply #943 on: February 17, 2013, 11:40:14 PM »

Offline ronaldo943

• NFT
  • Ray Allen
once IP shows who Tony Parker was traded for ill be heading off to bed i just have a feeling this is going to be good

« Reply #944 on: February 17, 2013, 11:40:53 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Because of his injury history, I rank him squarely behind howard and M. Gasol with Monroe flying up the ranks behind him.

Howard has his own ball of angst and injuries, but putting that besides the point, I wouldn't contest someone wanting him or M Gasol over Bynum because of the injuries.

But healthy, as he was last season, Bynum is the better player over the entire crop, absent Howard.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner