Author Topic: Pick 2: Draft Order (order for Coaches round posted on pg 204)  (Read 482116 times)

Re: Pick 2: Draft Order for teams and picks
« Reply #735 on: February 17, 2013, 02:00:39 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
You know who would be great with Holiday and Smith?

Andrew Bynum. Smith is a bit of a stretch 4, and elite defensively for the position, Bynum also an elite defender and a flat-out banger. Match made in heaven.

Somebody regrets the Bynum trade.

If opposing GMs are smart, they will make you pay for your mistake.  (5 major injuries in the past 6 seasons.)

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #736 on: February 17, 2013, 02:01:38 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Andrew Bynum. Smith is a bit of a stretch 4, and elite defensively for the position, Bynum also an elite defender and a flat-out banger. Match made in heaven.

Oh god. I will not sit and listen to you bang the Andrew Bynum drum this whole exercise.
I have already heard one comparison beating the Tristian Thompson drum hinting he is as good as a 4 time DPOY and 4 time 20+PPG and 14+RPG player.

At least the Andrew Bynum drum beating is based on some kind of reality. ;D

First of all, screw you guys.

Second of all, I'm just picking up the beat where others have left off. I'm not the first guy to say he's the second best center in basketball.

And fourth of all, I didn't say Tristan Thompson was as good as Dwight Howard. What I pointed out was that his stat line (and his play) is pretty special, and I was highlighting what is one of the more under-reported stories on the year, that likely only Jrue Holiday has a possible claim to MIP better than Thompson's.
Someone woke up on the wrong side of northern New York this morning. ;) :D ;D

« Reply #737 on: February 17, 2013, 02:02:32 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Second of all, I'm just picking up the beat where others have left off. I'm not the first guy to say he's the second best center in basketball.

Tell me, what are Hollinger's efficiency stats for Bynum this season? ;)

(In fantasy land, I do love the idea of Bynum and Irving together.  Of course, in fantasy land I love the idea of a dominant Greg Oden and Shaun Livingston together, too.)

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #738 on: February 17, 2013, 02:03:02 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

Oh god. I will not sit and listen to you bang the Andrew Bynum drum this whole exercise.
I have already heard one comparison beating the Tristian Thompson drum hinting he is as good as a 4 time DPOY and 4 time 20+PPG and 14+RPG player.

And fourth of all, I didn't say Tristan Thompson was as good as Dwight Howard. What I pointed out was that his stat line (and his play) is pretty special, and I was highlighting what is one of the more under-reported stories on the year, that likely only Jrue Holiday has a possible claim to MIP better than Thompson's.
Someone woke up on the wrong side of northern New york this morning. ;) :D ;D

Is there a right side of Northern New York?

« Reply #739 on: February 17, 2013, 02:03:31 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
Question:

If a player makes a pick or makes a trade that puts them over the cap and the commish doesn't pick up on it what happens?

I haven't decided yet.  Rules should be up sometime before drafting starts.

My inclination is to disallow the trade and to do something punitive, like take away draft picks.

How about they can not make another pick until they are under the cap?  And they can not make another trade unless it puts them back under.

Or (for the real penalty) if they are not under by the time they pick again, they lose the player with the smallest contract that puts them under the cap.  (they get an extra pick at the end of the draft)

« Reply #740 on: February 17, 2013, 02:05:21 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

Canada??

« Reply #741 on: February 17, 2013, 02:09:02 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

If opposing GMs are smart, they will make you pay for your mistake.  (5 major injuries in the past 6 seasons.)

I wasn't going to offer Bynum to the sixers, they don't have the pieces for him, silly.

I don't regret the Bynum trade at all, other than I'm going to hate the draft Monday and Tuesday.

Had the opportunity to get an elite player to pair next to Kyrie Irving for what was fundamentally a 3rd and 4th round pick. You take that when you get it.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #742 on: February 17, 2013, 02:13:07 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

Canada??

Oddly enough, Canada is actually saving our butts right now. There are more Canadians at local restraunts and Walmart and grocery stores right now than there are NNYers.

But yes it is cold as balls up here, and I hate it. I'll love it come spring time but I absolutely hate it right now.

« Reply #743 on: February 17, 2013, 02:13:56 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
I think what will be easiest for Roy, and the other commishes who might have to approve trades is send in confirmations for trades like this:

Lakers send Howard and Williams($36.72 million)

Cleveland sends Bynum and Irving($22.27 million)

Lakers salary $22.27 million...cap $99.3 million

Cleveland salary $40.61 million...cap $70.1 million

That way both GMs can check each others numbers and the likelihood of a mistake lessens.

« Reply #744 on: February 17, 2013, 02:16:00 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
I think what will be easiest for Roy, and the other commishes who might have to approve trades is send in confirmations for trades like this:

That way both GMs can check each others numbers and the likelihood of a mistake lessens.

Individual salaries probably help as well. This would be astounding if people actually did it though.

« Reply #745 on: February 17, 2013, 02:16:30 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

That is a good idea. I like that.

« Reply #746 on: February 17, 2013, 02:16:35 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

(In fantasy land, I do love the idea of Bynum and Irving together.  Of course, in fantasy land I love the idea of a dominant Greg Oden and Shaun Livingston together, too.)

According to Hollinger's stats, one Brook Lopez is rated out as the best center this year.  ;D

« Reply #747 on: February 17, 2013, 02:17:58 PM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
The Warriors are now open to deal.  (I am grading online so I am easily distracted)

Would love to pick up a big man (please, no C that are currently out and have been hurt 5 of the last 6 seasons)

Will entertain offers for Curry but I see him as who I am building around.

« Reply #748 on: February 17, 2013, 02:18:51 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith

According to Hollinger's stats, one Brook Lopez is rated out as the best center this year.  ;D

Noticed that. Punched myself in the face a few times, but I didn't wake up. Must be real?

« Reply #749 on: February 17, 2013, 02:19:19 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

I wasn't going to offer Bynum to the sixers, they don't have the pieces for him, silly.

I don't regret the Bynum trade at all, other than I'm going to hate the draft Monday and Tuesday.

Had the opportunity to get an elite player to pair next to Kyrie Irving for what was fundamentally a 3rd and 4th round pick. You take that when you get it.
I can understand this.

I had two elite players but they don't play well together so I decided one had to go.

That I got rid of the older player with the obnoxious contract and still was able to pick up a top 4 PG, save $10 million and increase my late 4th rounder to a mid 3rd rounder was a bonus in my eyes, because as you said, I still wanted to add another elite player and was able to. At this stage, when you don't have a top 6-7 pick in the draft, that is huge.