Author Topic: Pick 2: Draft Order (order for Coaches round posted on pg 204)  (Read 487098 times)

Re: Pick 2: Draft Order (order for Coaches round posted on pg 204)
« Reply #4335 on: February 28, 2013, 03:35:07 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200
Wow I just went through hell to move Humphries, I'm glad I'm not Danny Ainge, trading with a salary cap is really difficult!

Pretty shocked you got as good a return on him as you did.

I don't know how that happened.

Humprhies traded for a guy who was picked probably 4 rounds before him, who is making 10 mil less a year, and the guy who got Robinson was so trapped that he couldn't make his pick.

The thing is I was trapped on the opposite end of the salary cap spectrum as I was nearly 10 mill under the salary cap minimum with only one draft pick remaining. I increased my salary and also got a nice young PF prospect in the process.

The funny thing about Humphries is how much his perception has changed since the whole Kardashian thing. Is he overpayed? of course, but for a guy who averaged 10+ rebounds nearly three years in a row is all of a sudden a scrub? I don't buy it

But you don't give up a top 5 pick in this year's draft to meet the salary floor. Draft a player on a bigger contract (again, I see one whose available and serviceable) and then make a smaller move.

« Reply #4336 on: February 28, 2013, 03:36:28 PM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
Wow I just went through hell to move Humphries, I'm glad I'm not Danny Ainge, trading with a salary cap is really difficult!

Humprhies traded for a guy who was picked probably 4 rounds before him, who is making 10 mil less a year, and the guy who got Robinson was so trapped that he couldn't make his pick.

For the record, Thomas Robinson was pick 3.22

Celticpride, with his back against the wall, just managed to turn pick 6.21 into pick 3.22.

...and now he's trying to flip Robinson to me for the guy I took at 2.24.

Ever see that video about the guy who traded a red paper clip for a house?

« Reply #4337 on: February 28, 2013, 03:37:08 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568

The thing is I was trapped on the opposite end of the salary cap spectrum as I was nearly 10 mill under the salary cap minimum with only one draft pick remaining. I increased my salary and also got a nice young PF prospect in the process.

The funny thing about Humphries is how much his perception has changed since the whole Kardashian thing. Is he overpayed? of course, but for a guy who averaged 10+ rebounds nearly three years in a row is all of a sudden a scrub? I don't buy it

But you don't give up a top 5 pick in this year's draft to meet the salary floor. Draft a player on a bigger contract (again, I see one whose available and serviceable) and then make a smaller move.

So Humphries isn't serviceable? I see what you're saying but I also got back a lottery pick PF who is still only 23 years old.
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #4338 on: February 28, 2013, 03:38:58 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352
Jameer and Hump = $20.6m
Kirk = $3.94m
Odom = $8.2m
Beez = $5.7m
Mayo = $4.0m

Seems like you should be well above $45m.
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #4339 on: February 28, 2013, 03:39:52 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200

So Humphries isn't serviceable? I see what you're saying but I also got back a lottery pick PF who is still only 23 years old.

What more do you  need to see out of Anthony Randolph in order to prove that he's just not a serviceable player? He's been put in some pretty optimal positions.

« Reply #4340 on: February 28, 2013, 03:40:57 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Tracy McGrady
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #4341 on: February 28, 2013, 03:41:05 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
9.26 is due, and I have 9.27, but I'm nowhere ready to pick, and it's lunchtime. So, I'll just figure out what's what at the end of the round today.

« Reply #4342 on: February 28, 2013, 03:50:10 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568

What more do you  need to see out of Anthony Randolph in order to prove that he's just not a serviceable player? He's been put in some pretty optimal positions.

Well for starters, last time he got significant playing time he averaged 12 points and 6.5 rebounds and 1.5 blocks

Maybe it wasn't the best deal for me but you win some and you lose some..great thing is none of it is real so I'm not too torn up. Out to lunch! Those of you I'm discussing deals with I'll get back to you
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #4343 on: February 28, 2013, 04:05:23 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
BTW, the Lakers sent 9.24 along with 8.24 to Minnesota in a deal that sent Brandon Wright to LA.

« Reply #4344 on: February 28, 2013, 04:08:41 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
Lucky17 check PMs

« Reply #4345 on: February 28, 2013, 04:19:14 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Hey sorry I missed my pick (I was at volunteer training for the sloan conference) I'm going to look over who is available double check my cap situation then make a pick.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #4346 on: February 28, 2013, 04:21:19 PM »

Offline celticpride07

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 222
Robinson, wright, singler, waiters are available, looking for a better starting SF
Pick 2 Heat: 
Pg: Jennings/Vasquez
Sg: Wade/R. Allen/Rivers
SF: Lebron/M. Williams
PF: Bosh/Humphries
C: B. Lopez/Dalembert/Anthony

« Reply #4347 on: February 28, 2013, 04:43:45 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
BTW, the Lakers sent 9.24 along with 8.24 to Minnesota in a deal that sent Brandon Wright to LA.

Thanks, nick. I'll update.

Also, I've agreed to trade the 9.27. I'll soon post a pick on the other GMs behalf. Who can confirm trades?

« Reply #4348 on: February 28, 2013, 04:45:59 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
With the 9.27, Portland selects Terrence Williams, on behalf of another GM.

« Reply #4349 on: February 28, 2013, 04:46:05 PM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
Hola
thank you to all for waiting and picking from that long list of players for me

I am back and ready to roll tomorrow and from then on

Welcome Channing Frye
We will be well used in our team

Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!