Author Topic: Does the game vs the Bulls help dictate the rest of the season?  (Read 2156 times)

Does the game vs the Bulls help dictate the rest of the season?
« on: February 12, 2013, 11:50:30 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Just curious. If the Celts can beat Chicago, you've got to think the team feels good about itself, having won 8 of it's last 9 games without Rondo and beating the Bulls, Heat, Clippers and Lakers along the way

If the Bulls win, they would've beaten the Celts 3 times this season. Does that mean that Ainge starts considering the "rebuild" process and deals KG/Pierce at the deadline?

Re: Does the game vs the Bulls help dictate the rest of the season?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 11:57:14 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
It really doesn't matter if we lose, as long as it seems as if we show spirit. If our shots just aren't falling, there's no reason to count us out. We rely on jumpers and it usually works, so in the case that it doesn't,, we just had an off day, not a bad use of strategy.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 12:53:18 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
It really doesn't matter if we lose, as long as it seems as if we show spirit. If our shots just aren't falling, there's no reason to count us out. We rely on jumpers and it usually works, so in the case that it doesn't,, we just had an off day, not a bad use of strategy.

Whaaaaaa ?

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 12:55:39 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
No but id hate to go into the allstar break on a losing streak right after winning 7 in a row. It could be the start of another embarrassing losing streak. Winning tomorrow would be huge in my opinion, for confidence.

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 12:57:38 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
If the Bulls win, they would've beaten the Celts 3 times this season. Does that mean that Ainge starts considering the "rebuild" process and deals KG/Pierce at the deadline?

The decision on whether or not to jump-start a rebuilding process should wait until they can evaluate how Rondo plays post-injury. 
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 01:47:42 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
No but id hate to go into the allstar break on a losing streak right after winning 7 in a row. It could be the start of another embarrassing losing streak. Winning tomorrow would be huge in my opinion, for confidence.
We entered last all-star break on a losing streak... so that in particular won't worry me much.

Also, Chicago has always presented match up problems for Boston.  Deng and Noah do a good job guarding Pierce and KG.  The chances actually look pretty decent we may not need to go through them in the playoffs, so a loss wouldn't worry me much.  As well as we've been playing lately, this is the game I've long felt as one I'm least confident in us winning because of how we've fared against Chicago in the past.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 02:06:46 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
No?

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 02:12:49 AM »

Offline TheBigTicket23

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
  • Anything is possible!
Celtics have been really good the last years since allstar break except from the 10-11 season where they let it go a lil bit because they already had good playoff position.

But last year was a great example and I'm confident we will do well after the allstar break and keep at least in 7th place. Home court is gonna be hard but I think we can beat everyone except of the Heat. I think BKN would be a nice match up for us, also NY would be nice.

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 02:15:57 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
We entered last all-star break on a losing streak... so that in particular won't worry me much.

Also, Chicago has always presented match up problems for Boston.  Deng and Noah do a good job guarding Pierce and KG.  The chances actually look pretty decent we may not need to go through them in the playoffs, so a loss wouldn't worry me much.  As well as we've been playing lately, this is the game I've long felt as one I'm least confident in us winning because of how we've fared against Chicago in the past.

I really wish people would stop bringing up last year. Last year was last year. It has absolutely nothing to do with this year. This is a completely different team and completely different year.

I do agree with what you said about chicago tho. I don't think the celtics can beat them or the heat in a 7 game series. Only way we stand a chance IMO is if rose is out or hobbled.