Author Topic: Will Warriors pursue Paul Pierce? Will Clippers add extra for KG?  (Read 6902 times)

Re: Will Warriors pursue Paul Pierce? Will Clippers add extra for KG?
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2013, 08:52:25 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Danny definitely set this team up to be able to trade Pierce and KG if he needed to, if the right pieces were there.

With that being said I just dont like the fact of trading them for this package right now.

Im not sold on Barnes at the present time and having a guy like Butler (oye) or Bierdnis for another year wouldn't excite me much. Bledsoe is overatted in my book and would only be useful to us as a trade chip. Jordan is a nice young center who would be great alongside KG. But alongside Bass or Sully? Im not so sure.

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2013, 09:10:29 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Danny definitely set this team up to be able to trade Pierce and KG if he needed to, if the right pieces were there.

I think this is a very good point. One thing Danny has done pretty well is organize the team for the post Big Three era. He could trade PP and KG, if the right deal comes around. But he doesn't have to. Kudos to Danny for this.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2013, 09:49:45 AM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
If the Clippers could get KG for Jordan and Bledsoe, they should jump at it.  They'd have a real chance at two titles.  The Clips probably will lose Bledsoe to free agency soon.  Losing Jordan long term will hurt, but in Los Angeles, with a banner or two in the rafters and cap room when KO finally retires, they should be able to attract a FA replacement. 

The way this Celtics team rebounds and plays interior defense, they have almost no chance at a title this year. Bledsoe and Jordan is probably the best package they could get for Garnett.  The GM has to make that trade if offered, unless he believes that the Celtics would have a solid chance at a title this year and next.

Ditto the Barnes/Pierce with the Warriors.  Pierce has shown that he's a still a top 5 SF, but he's getting older and his championship window is closing here.  Adding Bledsoe, Jordan and Barnes is a real good start to the rebuilding process.  I''m not under any illusions that rebuilding is going to be easy.  It's going to happen eventually, whether the Cs trade KG and PP, or they ride off into the sunset in green after a couple of 44 win seasons an early playoff exits.     

« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2013, 10:03:19 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
With CP3 (assuming he gets a max contract from them) and Blake's contracts the Clippers aren't going to be players in FA for a long time.

« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2013, 10:32:10 PM »

Offline jamala22

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
I'd hate to lose KG and PP, but these trades would set us up for a good future,we could get a good look at Bledsoe for a few months and have either Bledsoe or Rondo to trade off for a solid Shooting guard or PF.  The only way I'd do one of these trades would be if we were sure we could do the other one.  Otherwise keep KG and PP and have them retire as Celtic Greats. 

« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2013, 11:20:16 PM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
With CP3 (assuming he gets a max contract from them) and Blake's contracts the Clippers aren't going to be players in FA for a long time.

Nope. Not with DJ and Caron equating to a max deal also.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2013, 11:35:45 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Unlikely by this point
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"