Author Topic: Will Warriors pursue Paul Pierce? Will Clippers add extra for KG?  (Read 6891 times)

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Warrior fans i read would love to have Pierce. Warriors tried to get pierce for the past two years now. Their magical beginning is turning out to be a nightmare right now. They are hanging on for their lives in 6th place. They are just lacking a pierce from getting back to where they were earlier.

I'd hate to lose Pierce but after Barbosa went down, i just got this feeling like this might not be our year. Hopefully we beat Chicago tomorrow but if not, i wonder what Danny is going to do after the all star weekend. He will definitely be getting calls for both kg and pierce.

I've asked this before but i will as ask again. If

1) GS offers, Barnes + filler (either Biedrins or Jefferson) for Pierce

2) Then Clippers offer Bledsoe and now add Deandre Jordan for KG + 1st

does Danny pull the trigger on these deals?? Would you say yes? I can see also the celts trading the Jet for picks and some more depth, then eventually finishing off the blowup by trading away Rondo next year , for picks.

New lineup for this year

Starting: Jordan - Green - Barnes - Bradley - Bledsoe
Bench: Bass, Biedrins (Jefferson), Lee, Collins, Guard, Forward

And you know what, it would still be a team capable to capture 6-8th seed in a weaker eastern conference. This is just an idea or possibility and i'm not stating we should blow it up yet. But the biggest question keeping pp and kg is, can we win with all these key injuries?? What can realistically a 1st + Melo + Bass do to replenish the loss of Sully and Barbosa? Is it worth giving up a 1st for a rental? Is there any player (that can contribute consistently) left worthwhile in the nbdl and fa market?

thoughts?

Re: Will Warriors pursue Paul Pierce? Will Clippers add extra for KG?
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 11:31:22 PM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Lol they are never doing Barnes for Pierce, but Danny would pull the trigger on both. He might not want djordan and his big contract..but switch pieces but the warriors are never giving up barnes for a 2 year rental.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 11:42:26 PM by chambers »
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 11:33:00 PM »

Offline celticpride07

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 222
If the celtics decide to blow it up I would do these trades. KG and pierce will retire soon so this is good value. I wouldn't give up a 1st along with KG though.
Pick 2 Heat: 
Pg: Jennings/Vasquez
Sg: Wade/R. Allen/Rivers
SF: Lebron/M. Williams
PF: Bosh/Humphries
C: B. Lopez/Dalembert/Anthony

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 11:39:13 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Yeah, I am starting to think the same thing.

At first following Rondo's injury, I thought we could go on a magical run like last year.

But then the more I think about it, I just don't see how the Celts get by Miami or even Chicago.

Lebron just keeps getting better and better and Chicago always seems to pose a bad match-up for the Celts.

Like others have said, I doubt Golden State trades Barnes, but could seem them swapping Pierce for expiring contracts (Jefferson, Biedrins) and maybe even Bogut.

Ditto for KG. A couple weeks ago I would've laughed, but now if the Clips offered Jordan/Bledsoe for KG, I would have to say yes.

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 11:41:05 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
The only way either of those deals will even be discussed is if KG and Pierce go to Ainge and say they want to be moved. Both have given every indication they want to stay long term.

If this does happen I would be fine with the KG trade provided we keep our first.

With the Paul Pierce deal I wonder if they would be desperate enough to give us Thompson instead of Barnes.

In the end I think we keep both until the end of the season and then they retire after the year.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 11:46:26 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Gs has to make it into the playoffs this year. The team hasn't made it in a lifetime it seem and Gs star players like lee and curry need to experience the playoffs to be better players. Its worthwhile to give up ur 4th best player and prospect to get a player that can get u this experience and realistically more. Same goes for the clippers. They have to get far to develop their star griffin.

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 11:47:08 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
The only way either of those deals will even be discussed is if KG and Pierce go to Ainge and say they want to be moved. Both have given every indication they want to stay long term.

If this does happen I would be fine with the KG trade provided we keep our first.

With the Paul Pierce deal I wonder if they would be desperate enough to give us Thompson instead of Barnes.

In the end I think we keep both until the end of the season and then they retire after the year.

Probably

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2013, 11:48:33 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
No. No.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2013, 11:48:56 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Essentially:

-- a high lottery pick from a stacked draft (athletic wing scorer)
-- a somewhat overpaid but young, athletic, long center with "potential"
-- a very promising athletic point guard prospect (who projects to have a ceiling somewhere around "poor man's russell westbrook")

in exchange for Pierce and KG, who are both probably in the last season or two of their careers.

Yeah, I'd do it.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2013, 11:53:44 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
Essentially:

-- a very promising athletic point guard prospect (who projects to have a ceiling somewhere around "poor man's russell westbrook")

in exchange for Pierce and KG, who are both probably in the last season or two of their careers.

Yeah, I'd do it.

Me too. Though admittedly, I'd be kinda shocked if the Clippers trade Deandre Jordan for KG. Though KG is a proven winner, Jordan is a legit young center and those are hard to come by in the NBA.

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2013, 11:58:27 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Essentially:

Yeah, I'd do it.

Me too. Though admittedly, I'd be kinda shocked if the Clippers trade Deandre Jordan for KG. Though KG is a proven winner, Jordan is a legit young center and those are hard to come by in the NBA.

Poor mans Russell Westbrook? We don't even want the real one... Noooooooooo, we need a Calderon or Barbosa type, not a Westbrook or Paul type
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2013, 01:03:22 AM »

Offline freshinthehouse

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156
Essentially:

Yeah, I'd do it.

Poor mans Russell Westbrook? We don't even want the real one... Noooooooooo, we need a Calderon or Barbosa type, not a Westbrook or Paul type

Every team needs Russell Westbrook or Chris Paul.

« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2013, 01:11:09 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Warrior fans i read would love to have Pierce. Warriors tried to get pierce for the past two years now. Their magical beginning is turning out to be a nightmare right now. They are hanging on for their lives in 6th place. They are just lacking a pierce from getting back to where they were earlier.

I'd hate to lose Pierce but after Barbosa went down, i just got this feeling like this might not be our year. Hopefully we beat Chicago tomorrow but if not, i wonder what Danny is going to do after the all star weekend. He will definitely be getting calls for both kg and pierce.

I've asked this before but i will as ask again. If

1) GS offers, Barnes + filler (either Biedrins or Jefferson) for Pierce

2) Then Clippers offer Bledsoe and now add Deandre Jordan for KG + 1st

does Danny pull the trigger on these deals?? Would you say yes? I can see also the celts trading the Jet for picks and some more depth, then eventually finishing off the blowup by trading away Rondo next year , for picks.

New lineup for this year

Starting: Jordan - Green - Barnes - Bradley - Bledsoe
Bench: Bass, Biedrins (Jefferson), Lee, Collins, Guard, Forward

And you know what, it would still be a team capable to capture 6-8th seed in a weaker eastern conference. This is just an idea or possibility and i'm not stating we should blow it up yet. But the biggest question keeping pp and kg is, can we win with all these key injuries?? What can realistically a 1st + Melo + Bass do to replenish the loss of Sully and Barbosa? Is it worth giving up a 1st for a rental? Is there any player (that can contribute consistently) left worthwhile in the nbdl and fa market?

thoughts?

If we could get barnes and the warriors first plus a biedrins/jefferson contract for pierce I would have to do it.

I dont want any of the clippers roleplayers really.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #13 on: February 13, 2013, 01:11:57 AM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Heartbreaker losing the Blur, but having your 3rd string guard go down is no reason to punt the season.   

I still like our chances

« Reply #14 on: February 13, 2013, 01:44:57 AM »

Offline Smutzy#9

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Heartbreaker losing the Blur, but having your 3rd string guard go down is no reason to punt the season.   

I still like our chances

but there is a slight problem when your first AND third go down with the same injury lol.

If GSW offered a Barnes + 1st + filler for pierce, I think i would have to do it. Barnes just looks like a solid player and along with rondo sully bradley and jeff could be a solid young core