Author Topic: Rondo for Al Jefferson, build around Bradley, Sullinger and Green  (Read 8268 times)

Re: Rondo for Al Jefferson, build around Bradley, Sullinger and Green
« Reply #60 on: February 13, 2013, 10:15:13 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
I completely disagree.  I think Bradley and Green will fit very well with Rondo on the post Pierce and Garnett Celtics.  I envision a defensive minded, high turnover producing, up-tempo team.  Those three form a good base for such a team.  We'll just need to find some bigs who fit.
So you envision trading Rondo? Seems a bit contradictory.

The thing is, Rondo can do all of those things.  Rondo can be great at all of those things.

He just didn't do it this year.
I know he can. But that's beside the point if he doesn't, and he hasn't pretty much since 2010 or so.

As a matter of fact, most of the time he looks like he's purposefully coasting on defense so that he can spend more effort on his ball-dominating offense (talk about not getting the best of both worlds).
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Re: Rondo for Al Jefferson, build around Bradley, Sullinger and Green
« Reply #61 on: February 13, 2013, 10:58:30 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532
I'd probably do something like this

UTA - Rondo, Terry, Green, Barbosa (for salary)
BOS - Jefferson, Mar. Williams, Burks, Watson/Foye

Marvin Williams and Jeff Green are fairly identical players, but Williams has 2 less years on his contract.  Jefferson is a monster down low, pushes KG back to PF, which helps the team immensely. Burks has shown promise as a young PG prospect and then you add Watson (or Foye) for depth.  Trade also adds 2 active players to the roster to greatly help with the depth

Boston seems like it is closer to a title this year and has a lot more long term flexibility by shortening or removing long contracts for shorter/smaller ones.

PG - Bradley, Burks, Watson
SG - Lee, Bradley
SF - Pierce, Williams
PF - Garnett, Bass, Williams
C - Jefferson, Garnett, Wilcox, Melo
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip