Author Topic: Baron Davis?  (Read 1960 times)

Baron Davis?
« on: February 13, 2013, 08:28:14 AM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40
What do you think about Baron Davis? Is still a godd PG. Experience for a long time...

Re: Baron Davis?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2013, 08:34:14 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 411
is he healthy and in basketball shape? If he is, i take a chance on him...
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2013, 08:37:24 AM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 411
Gilbert Arenas? Is he still in China??
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2013, 08:43:16 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2697
He was out of shape even when he was in the league. I'd think he's a whale by now

« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2013, 08:45:56 AM »

Offline Kuberski1

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 26
Gilbert Arenas? Is he still in China??

Yes...I live in Shanghai, and saw him after a game, came within a few feet of him as they shuffled him into a van and off into the night.  He was injured for a while, but playing.  A few others...Von Wafer, T-Mac....and yes oh yes....one Stephon Marbury  :o

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 08:47:27 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Wow. Interesting. I didnt even give him a thought. When Baron was in shape and mentally "there" he was one of the leagues best. But he didnt have the desire. With that being said, I would not hesitate to give him a call to let him play 10  minutes a game. A true point and with this veteran squad I bet he would do well for us in the playoffs...

Although if it came down to him and someone like Dooling it would be hard because at least we know Dooling would give 110% every night.

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2013, 08:56:28 AM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
the fork is sticking out of Baron's back. once that knee buckled and popped last year in the playoffs, his career in the NBA was done. I think the injury was in the playoffs so he's not even 1 year from surgery. No chance for Baron.

« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2013, 08:58:33 AM »

Offline Levis107

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 9
Wow. Interesting. I didnt even give him a thought. When Baron was in shape and mentally "there" he was one of the leagues best. But he didnt have the desire. With that being said, I would not hesitate to give him a call to let him play 10  minutes a game. A true point and with this veteran squad I bet he would do well for us in the playoffs...

Although if it came down to him and someone like Dooling it would be hard because at least we know Dooling would give 110% every night.

Plus him and Paul are pretty close from what I remember, both LA guys. Maybe being with someone like that will motivate Baron. If he's even healthy.

« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2013, 09:11:30 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
His knee injury was more gruesome than Shumpert's and Rose's. No way is he healthy, and he was cooked even before his knee buckled.

« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2013, 09:50:59 AM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
I'd consider Baron Davis if I were a casting director of a reality show about weight loss. That's about it.   

« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2013, 10:20:40 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Baron Davis looked finished last year. Had little to no athleticism left. Was nowhere near being in able basketball shape.

Baron Davis no longer belongs in the NBA. He is out of the league and rightly so.