Author Topic: Houston and Celtics trade idea  (Read 1006 times)

Houston and Celtics trade idea
« on: February 12, 2013, 10:07:57 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
To solve our need for pg and pf/c

To Houston: Fab Melo and 2nd
To Bos: Greg Smith and Patrick Beverly

Greg Smith has really played well against us on enough occasions. I think KG would be a great influence on the kid to play with more intensity and consistency.  Recently he has been sent down to the nbdl.

Beverly is the third pg on the rockets lineup but could be a regular bench guy on many other teams. Sort of frail but super fast and has a pretty good all around game. (past few games avg more than 5 assists)

I know giving up melo is risky, but we have some serious need right now. Its either Melo gets it in a few years or we do all we can to try to maximize what the team can do with kg and pp. On the plus we don't have to give up a 1st.

Re: Houston and Celtics trade idea
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 10:26:55 PM »

Offline Geo123

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 33

Greg Smith has really played well against us on enough occasions. I think KG would be a great influence on the kid to play with more intensity and consistency.  Recently he has been sent down to the nbdl.

Beverly is the third pg on the rockets lineup but could be a regular bench guy on many other teams. Sort of frail but super fast and has a pretty good all around game. (past few games avg more than 5 assists)

I know giving up melo is risky, but we have some serious need right now. Its either Melo gets it in a few years or we do all we can to try to maximize what the team can do with kg and pp. On the plus we don't have to give up a 1st.

I see no reason why the Rockets would do that trade.  Right now Smith is better and cheaper than Melo..

Re: Houston and Celtics trade idea
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 10:30:55 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

I see no reason why the Rockets would do that trade.  Right now Smith is better and cheaper than Melo..

i'll tell you why. This team is just jammed pack in the pf position. You got patterson, morris, jones, Donatas Motiejunas, Royce white and Smith. That is alot of players for one position. I'm sure houston would like to give some time especially to white, motiejunas and jones their recent and talented draft picks too. I think Melo is a guy Houston might like