Author Topic: AP source: Christopher Dorner exchanges fire with authorities, 1dead  (Read 9141 times)

Re: AP source: Christopher Dorner exchanges fire with authorities, 1dead
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2013, 02:01:29 AM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
Around 1:24 mark you can hear them mentioning "burn it down" and mention something about "gas". It sounds like they say to burn it down. I am interested to see what the liveleak community thinks they said in this video. The owner of the cabin did say the cabin did have propane.

http://www.liveleak .com/view?i=cc3_1360731734

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2013, 03:29:08 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Smoke and fire has long been used to break up fortified positions through out man's history.

I read today one charred body found.  I do not feel sympathetic to Dorner at all.   Probably shot himself when the building went up and smoke happened.   I 'd rather die by bullet than get roasted alive.

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2013, 03:46:31 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Good old US of A, innocent until proven guilty...
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

Re: AP source: Ex-cop exchanges fire with authorities
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2013, 12:57:09 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Apparently he's upset with an attempted cover up by the LAPD that he wouldn't partake in. No excuse for such terrible violence but it makes you wonder. ???
I can't fathom a situation in which the solution to this is to go rogue. Die Hard is just a movie.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2013, 01:07:06 PM »

Offline LB3533

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 315
Do we know for certain that this guy actually killed anyone. Did this guy actually write the manifesto or was it planted?

Is this guy being framed?

« Reply #20 on: February 13, 2013, 01:56:43 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Do we know for certain that this guy actually killed anyone. Did this guy actually write the manifesto or was it planted?

Can you define the level of evidence you'd consider acceptable to answer the first set of questions?  Would it differ from the level you'd need to answer the last one?

« Reply #21 on: February 13, 2013, 02:00:53 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

"Jumpy officers guarding one of his targets in Torrance on Thursday shot and injured two women delivering newspapers because they mistook their pickup truck for Dorner's."

Yikes.

« Reply #22 on: February 13, 2013, 02:02:40 PM »

Offline Rondo2287

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 816

"Jumpy officers guarding one of his targets in Torrance on Thursday shot and injured two women delivering newspapers because they mistook their pickup truck for Dorner's."

Yikes.

Hence why only trained professionals should have access to the high magazine count weapons.  They know alone know how to safely operate them
CB Draft LA Lakers: Lamarcus Aldridge, Carmelo Anthony,Jrue Holiday, Wes Matthews  6.11, 7.16, 8.14, 8.15, 9.16, 11.5, 11.16

« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2013, 02:08:59 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most

Yikes.

They also shot a third person later for driving a truck in the same spot.  Thing is, neither truck really resembled Dorner's, other than being a truck.  Dorner had a grey Titan - here's the truck the two women had:

« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2013, 02:12:54 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Yikes.

They also shot a third person later for driving a truck in the same spot.  Thing is, neither truck really resembled Dorner's, other than being a truck.  Dorner had a grey Titan - here's the truck the two women had:

That's quite a few bullets, too bad those guys didn't have a rocket launcher or something. And is it a little odd that the bullet holes are in the back of the truck? Where were they guarding the family from?

« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2013, 02:17:01 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most

Yikes.

That's quite a few bullets, too bad those guys didn't have a rocket launcher or something. And is it a little odd that the bullet holes are in the back of the truck? Where were they guarding the family from?

Don't know specifics but my guess is they were in a concealed position, came out fast behind the truck, maybe the driver panicked and started to take off so they shot it up good.  Very fortunate those women are still alive because that looks like a pretty vicious mix of incompetence and overkill.

« Reply #26 on: February 13, 2013, 02:20:14 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1604
  • What a Pub Should Be

Yikes.

Don't know specifics but my guess is they were in a concealed position, came out fast behind the truck, maybe the driver panicked and started to take off so they shot it up good.  Very fortunate those women are still alive because that looks like a pretty vicious mix of incompetence and overkill.

Judging by the number of bullet holes visible, overkill certainly is an apt term in this situation.  Yikes.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #27 on: February 13, 2013, 02:26:22 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Seriously?

It's posts like these that make me wish we could give negative TP's.

« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2013, 02:29:16 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Yikes.

Judging by the number of bullet holes visible, overkill certainly is an apt term in this situation.  Yikes.

This is unbelievable.

« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2013, 02:31:56 PM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
From other sources it sounded like, at least initially, the LAPD was trying to portray his manifesto as the musings of a madman, but based upon that amnifesto, Dorner sounded like an eloquent and thoughful man that was pushed to his breaking point...

In his writings he mentions certain types of cops and specific individuals who he planned to target, but were any of the people that he killed even remotely related to his history/backstory?  I know he killed the daughter/son in law of his former attorney, but his writings suggested that innocents, for the most part, would be spared.  That doesn't seem to be how it went down though...

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes