Author Topic: Jannero Pargo  (Read 3472 times)

Jannero Pargo
« on: February 12, 2013, 02:41:26 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
I'd bet he's the first tryout to fill Barbosa void....
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

Re: Jannero Pargo
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 02:45:14 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
The guy has looked like a total scrub every time I have seen him play. 38% career shooter, no thanks.....

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 02:50:26 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Decent three-point shooter, and likely the best available guard on the market. Was caught in the numbers game in Atlanta.

Was also on an active roster this season, which is not to be ignored where game shape is concerned.

He should be on the next flight to Boston.

edit: The problem he just finished his second 10-day stint with Atlanta, and since he's played well my guess is they'll keep him until the end of season. So he's likely unavailable.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 02:55:08 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I'd be fine with that...
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 02:56:36 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I like Pargo as a third stringer. Good high-confidence guy who can come in and make plays immediately. Capable attacker who can create off the dribble for himself and for others.

Rare to have a game-changing offensive weapon like that as a third stringer. Valuable.

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 02:58:18 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Decent three-point shooter, and likely the best available guard on the market. Was caught in the numbers game in Atlanta.

Was also on an active roster this season, which is not to be ignored where game shape is concerned.

edit: The problem he just finished his second 10-day stint with Atlanta, and since he's played well my guess is they'll keep him until the end of season. So he's likely unavailable.
Nah reports are they want to keep a roster spot open
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 03:00:31 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

He'd be a good pickup then if available.

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2013, 03:01:51 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

That may work out in our favor. Pargo is not extraordinary, but he's serviceable. At this stage of the season, and given the circumstances, he'd be a great pickup.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2013, 03:14:50 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
I'm not really too worried about whoever we get to replace Barbosa.  Barbosa was playing well, but I think Lee, Bradley & Terry are more than capable of filling the void by themselves.  All three are players who can give you 30 minutes, meaning we really only need a player to fill the remaining 6+ minutes.

I'll be fine with any vet whom is at least capable of not being a negative on-court presence.

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2013, 03:14:56 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

That may work out in our favor. Pargo is not extraordinary, but he's serviceable. At this stage of the season, and given the circumstances, he'd be a great pickup.

They let him go -- he's available (per a bunch of the usual suspects on twitter: berger, etc).

Another option is Sebastian Telfair. Could the Cs add a player at the minimum in order to S&T that player to Phoenix with Barbosa for Telfair?

Meaning: d-leaguer (signed thru EOY), Barbosa & 2nd rounder for Telfair...
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2013, 03:27:05 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

They let him go -- he's available (per a bunch of the usual suspects on twitter: berger, etc).

Another option is Sebastian Telfair. Could the Cs add a player at the minimum in order to S&T that player to Phoenix with Barbosa for Telfair?

Got the idea from Simmons, huh? I wouldnt mind Telfair
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2013, 03:27:13 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

No, can't S&T a D-Leaguer to make the numbers work. Can only S&T your own FAs.

FWIW, Collins and Barbosa for Telfair and JO works.

I wonder if Telfair might be a buyout candidate. Suns aren't going to sniff the playoffs, and perhaps he would want to latch on with a playoff team to increase his visibility as an impending FA (next year).
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2013, 03:28:42 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401

I wonder if Telfair might be a buyout candidate. Suns aren't going to sniff the playoffs, and perhaps he would want to latch on with a playoff team to increase his visibility as an impending FA (next year).

I would rather have Pargo than Telfair.

« Reply #13 on: February 12, 2013, 05:58:26 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I like Pargo as a third stringer. Good high-confidence guy who can come in and make plays immediately. Capable attacker who can create off the dribble for himself and for others.

Rare to have a game-changing offensive weapon like that as a third stringer. Valuable.

I agree on this regard. Really liked him in the playoffs when he was with New Orleans.

« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2013, 06:10:52 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568

I would rather have Pargo than Telfair.

hmm I was under the impression that he was not a free agent anymore. I'd def sign Pargo, always liked him. He'd be a nice 4th guard

Edit: I was thinking of his brother Jeremy, who is on a 10 day contract with the 76ers. I would rather have him
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 06:25:22 PM by BleedGreen1989 »
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.