Author Topic: Kris Joseph Traded To The D-League For 6'9James Mays 10 Day Contract To Celtics?  (Read 4048 times)

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 23
Also Chris Wright 6'8 10 Day Contract Also?

what do you think?

The Springfield Armor on Sunday acquired Kris Joseph, the former Syracuse star and Celtic bench-warmer, from the Maine Red Claws, giving up James Mays, the D-League's leader in double-doubles. Although the Nets do not hold Joseph's rights, he will be learning the Nets system in Springfield, making him a potential call-up later in the year. Tim Bontemps of the Post broke the story.

Joseph, a 6'7: small forward, was averaging 18.2 points on 43.7 percent shooting and 5.7 rebounds for the Red Claws, the Celtics' D-League team. Joseph, 24, was taken by the Celtics at #51 in the second round last June, three spots before Toko Shengelia. He was released by Boston last month after appearing in six games where he scored seven points and grabbed five rebounds in 24 minutes.

“We are excited to have Kris Joseph join our team,” said Brooklyn Nets General Manager of Minor League Operations Milton Lee. “Kris is a player we have watched at Syracuse and with the Celtics and we think his athleticism and scoring ability should be a big boost for us."
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 09:09:56 AM by IndeedProceed »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Also Chris Wright 6'8 10 Day Contract Also?

what do you think?

I think your headline is a little confusing. Will try to find story.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Don't think James Mays is the answer for us. Very undersized, and only shooting 42.2%

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
sounds like a completely dumb move.  Joseph is a baller and if he had a coach that took time to use him he coulda helped us a bit.

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
sounds like a completely dumb move.  Joseph is a baller and if he had a coach that took time to use him he coulda helped us a bit.

The problem with Joseph is that he has no idea how to play NBA defense.  He is yet another casualty of Syracuse' system that plays to win college games, but doesn't prepare players for life after the zone. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Joseph resurfaces in Boston sooner or later, because I think the C's like him...but he (much like Melo) has a lot of learning to do.

As for this trade, this is a D-league trade.  I doubt it has much to do with the C's.  Joseph was no longer the property of the C's. 

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Yeah I see it as a non factor. If either of these guys are playing NBA minutes in 3 years I would be surprised.

Offline Jeff

• CelticsBlog CEO
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 301
  • ranter
it does give us a closer look at James Mays, which isn't a bad thing
Faith and Sports - an essay by Jeff Clark

"Know what I pray for? The strength to change what I can, the inability to accept what I can't, and the incapacity to tell the difference." - Calvin (Bill Watterson)

Offline BostonNative

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 14
dumb...kris jo + chris wright is a team all on its own

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065
Speaking of that Shengelia kid, have you seen he numbers he is putting up in the D League?

http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/tornike_shengelia/

Nuts.

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
Speaking of that Shengelia kid, have you seen he numbers he is putting up in the D League?

http://www.nba.com/dleague/playerfile/tornike_shengelia/

Nuts.

That's kinda scary, right? They've got two forwards now on NJ who can stroke the ball. Good thing they don't play them at all. Cuz how could they possibly be better than Reggie Evans for 43 minutes?

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
Can you even sign guys that you've waived these days?
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
Can you even sign guys that you've waived these days?
after 30 days they can.

The Gary Payton Rule.

The aforementioned rule is unofficially named after then Boston Celtic-Atlanta Hawk-Boston Celtic Gary Payton when he was moved a few years ago (2005) by Boston in order to re-acquire Employee #8 Antoine Walker (whom they chose not to resign anyway at the end of the season). The newly acquire point guard was immediately released by the Hawks and the next thing you know, three days later, Payton is back in Bean Town.