Author Topic: PP is the new RR  (Read 1780 times)

PP is the new RR
« on: February 12, 2013, 05:56:11 AM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
And if we continue to play like we played last night, we will go back on another losing streak.

PP doesn't pound 'as much', but the trotting up the court...guys almost always pass to him or defer to him...saw a couple times when we got a rbd only to pass it behind to paul. the iso's are still sucking. i appreciate him trying to facilitate more but i just wish guys would create on their own more.

can't blame anyone but the constant doc rivers...who took Jeff out tonight. I mean am I blind? The 2nd unit went up by was it 9 or 11? only to bring the starters in and it just evaporated.

what is that about? why does he DO that?

meanwhile, spurs beat the bulls without their starting 5. smh...i'd LOVE to know what our record would be under Pop.

Re: PP is the new RR
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 07:51:01 AM »

Offline QuickT

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 2
I agree. 

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 10:39:54 AM »

Online scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
He's always done it....he use to do it at the detriment of the team instead of giving it to rondo to run up the court...I know we all love revisionist history and act like rondos play
 was a detriment all along and a 7 game win streak was the be all end all proof of everything ever
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 10:46:07 AM by scaryjerry »

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 10:48:20 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Player whom we run the offense through, yup of course he is. As such he'll get the blame and the credit.

The team got tired. You really expect a tired team to play fast on the road end of a back to back?

Another factor was that Charlotte was busting but to get back and defend in transition late in the game.

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 11:05:06 AM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
you two obviously only read the title and commented lol
my point is that I'm not blaming RR or PP...I think it's Doc.

How do both players revert to the same thing? Why do we sound like broken records after each loss? We can point to players but when is Doc going to do the right thing?

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 11:11:10 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

How do both players revert to the same thing? Why do we sound like broken records after each loss? We can point to players but when is Doc going to do the right thing?
I did read the post, I disagreed with your assertion that it's Doc Rivers.

I suppose Doc could pull a player everytime he walks up the ball and bench them, but I don't think that's an effective coaching strategy.

Charlotte was back in transition in the fourth quarter and we were tired, its not exactly a coaching defect for the C's to run half court offense at that point.

They didn't even run "isos" most of the time. There usually was a pick to force a PG onto Pierce and allow him to post or drive to the lane.

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 11:15:30 AM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton

I suppose Doc could pull a player everytime he walks up the ball and bench them, but I don't think that's an effective coaching strategy.

Charlotte was back in transition in the fourth quarter and we were tired, its not exactly a coaching defect for the C's to run half court offense at that point.

They didn't even run "isos" most of the time. There usually was a pick to force a PG onto Pierce and allow him to post or drive to the lane.

when in the fourth did you see Paul post or drive to the lane?
I must've been watching a different game because it sure felt like he shot us out that game.

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2013, 11:17:40 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Im fine with running the offense through Paul but Im not fine with Docs play calling on the matter. There was a span in the second half where literally all we did was play pick and roll with pick at the free throw line and everyone else just stood around in the corner and on the wings... This made literally no sense to me.

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2013, 11:18:46 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell

I must've been watching a different game because it sure felt like he shot us out that game.
Human memory sucks.

Pierce took two shots in the fourth quarter, one of which was a three on the last sequence of the game. He had one assist, one steal, and no turnovers.

He definitely posted up on a PG switch but at the free throw line many times in the game, maybe it didn't happen in the fourth though I think it did.

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2013, 12:06:17 PM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300

Human memory sucks.

Pierce took two shots in the fourth quarter, one of which was a three on the last sequence of the game. He had one assist, one steal, and no turnovers.

He definitely posted up on a PG switch but at the free throw line many times in the game, maybe it didn't happen in the fourth though I think it did.

It looked like Paul wanted to get to the basket late in the game but the Bobcats were switching & helping well.

It's pretty simple to me - back-to-back games with three overtimes thrown in.  This team was tired.  Paul Pierce played 83 minutes in two nights.  They should've won that game but they started to run out of gas late.

The only thing I'm upset about regarding last night is the Barbosa injury.

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes