Author Topic: Guard Spot? C's Should Check Out Manny Harris  (Read 904 times)

Guard Spot? C's Should Check Out Manny Harris
« on: February 12, 2013, 04:04:28 AM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
6'5
23 years old
Athletic

Can get to the rim, Can shoot jump shots.
I don't know much about his defense, but if we turned 'bosa in to a decent defender, we can turn this guy in to one too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUCCLwJRuuA

Re: Guard Spot? C's Should Check Out Manny Harris
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 04:27:58 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1887
Borderline NBA player.

I wasn't wild about him when he was in Cleveland. Small frame. Gets pushed around pretty easily. Weak defender. Skill-level is fairly low offensively. Streaky shooter. Good handle. Decent slasher and passer. Well-rounded in a sense but lacks above average skills. Decision making isn't good. Shot selection isn't good. Overall, I thought Manny Harris hurt his team more often than not.

I don't think he'd be able to crack Boston's rotation. I think Doc would just go with the three guards and maybe some time with Pierce + Green together on the wing ... instead of playing Manny Harris.

And I wouldn't feel confident if Doc was forced to put Manny Harris on the court during a playoff game (due to rotation player's foul trouble or whatever). Too likely to hurt the team with his bad defense and streak offense.

I pass. Not good enough.

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 05:40:30 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1187
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Manny Harris had all the time in the world to prove himself in his Cleveland days. He started a few games and did not really pan out.

So thanks but no thanks I guess.

This guy, I want. I'm really surprised he's not on an NBA roster still.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nHH_7zFBesA
"The Boston Celtics are not a basketball team, they are a way of life."

- Red

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 07:30:11 AM »

Offline saltlover

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 2424
Manny Harris does not have the reputation of being coachable.  He's never played defense, or team offense.  A pity too, because he has the talent to be an NBA reserve if he knew how to be a teammate.  Probably doesn't have the talent to be much more than that, however.
“When an alien resides with you in your land, you shall not oppress the alien. The alien who resides with you shall be to you as the citizen among you; you shall love the alien as yourself, for you were aliens in the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.”

Leviticus 19:33-34