Author Topic: Win Now trade involving Sacramento, but not DMC.  (Read 1875 times)

Win Now trade involving Sacramento, but not DMC.
« on: February 12, 2013, 12:33:27 AM »

Offline sdceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 45
I posted this kinda late a night or so ago (on the West coast), so maybe it didn't get enough traction b/c of that......or maybe you all think it's a sucky trade. Either way, I think now that Barbosa is also done on top of Rondo/Sully already, and the guard depth is even further compromised, Danny has to make a BIG move either way to keep momentum in the team's corner, or just suck F@$K it, and blow this cursed injury prone year up, to start a full rebuild.

If Ainge is serious about keeping PP/KG in town at this point, and serious about winning now, then this is the move to make, IMO.

BOS TRADES:

Rajon Rondo
Jason Collins

SAC Trades:

Tyreke Evans
Jason Thompson
Isaiah Thomas

Sacramento does this because they are on the move, and already in the tank. Evans likely is not getting signed next season, so for them it's a no brainer. They can tank the rest of the way, net a top 5 pick, and roll with that plus Rondo/DMC/Thornton/Salmons etc.

Boston NEEDS a volume trade, simply to fill the roster out from a numbers perspective. This trade also brings true talent as well to help this team overcome injuries, and continue to play at a high level. Thompson instantly starts over Bass, giving the Celtics a far better rebounding front court, and a guy who can guard many Centers in the league. Thompson can slide to Center when Bass checks in, and KG rests.

Evans would be a scoring machine off the bench for this team, and has enough size to play a small SF, on top of Guard and running a little PG if need be. I figured Thomas would be more of a factor in the trade in 2013/14, but now that Barbosa is down as well, we need another PG at the end of the bench.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Evans possibly fight for a starting role as well. I really like the depth chart of

Bradley/Terry/Thomas/Lee
Evans/Lee/Terry/Bradley
Pierce/Green/Evans
Thompson/Bass/Wilcox/Green
KG/Thompson/Melo/Wilcox

pick up another veteran big and another 6'6/6'7 wing player, and that is a nice looking team to take in to battle come playoff time

If they can all stay healthy!

Re: Win Now trade involving Sacramento, but not DMC.
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 01:46:30 AM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Sac probably does this before Rajon gets hurt.   Can't ever remember a team trading for a guy with a blown out knee.   

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 01:57:18 AM »

Offline sdceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 45
I think Rondo being hurt only hurts their interest a little bit. He probably only has a partial thickness tear, so he will be back 100%. A guy his size/weight/strength having a knee injury is nowhere near as bad as a guy like Oden.

The Sacramento move to Seattle also kind of opens up a possibility for this as well. It really isn't upsetting anyone, except for the godforsaken Kings fans if the team tanks this season. They will move to Seattle, and only lose out on Thompson/Thomas and have Rondo back at the start of the season.

If Seattle ownership is looking to retain Tyreke, then it's likely not possible.

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 05:15:16 AM »

Offline staticcc

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
Win now?! None of those guys we're getting are winners.
"The bigger the lie, the more they believe." - Bunk

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 06:09:48 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Just no.

Tyreke is a RFA and will be overpaid. Thompson is solid but is nowhere near the level in which he will lift the Celtics to contenders.

Isaiah Thomas is a solid PG, getting better. But like Thompson, he won't elevate us.

Until these guys takes over in the Playoffs, if we are on Win Now mode, we are still better with Rondo.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2013, 07:12:22 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512
Win now?! None of those guys we're getting are winners.

I consider Jason Thompson a winning type of player that just players on a bad team.  I'd probably trust him more in crucial minutes than Bass, and he has more length which is a plus.  Evans is only 23, and has put up some very good numbers in his first few years in the league.  He can create his own shots which would be a huge plus for our team I would think.  He would probably fit in with our non traditional point guard less style now.  I think Ainge has always liked Evans.  I don't care much for Thomas.  Too undersized.  Another variation of the trade is just Rondo for Thompson and Evans.  I could see Ainge being bold, and rolling the dice for something like this.