Author Topic: Full roster by Feb. 21????????  (Read 1683 times)

Full roster by Feb. 21????????
« on: February 11, 2013, 11:55:20 PM »

Offline Smitty77

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 269
Danny promised this, so let's see if he is a man of his word or not??????????????????????????

Smitty77

Re: Full roster by Feb. 21????????
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2013, 12:02:38 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
watch us get Bass outta here for a PG
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 12:06:46 AM »

Offline celticslove

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 188
watch us get Bass outta here for a PG
Please anything for a thrash would be fine.

« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2013, 12:08:00 AM »

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
If we move bass for a pg. Then i would like to have Bradley come off the bench. We will not have any size. Or just choose to go small and start Green at PF. IDK though.. These injuries are really strarting to get me angry.

« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2013, 11:47:13 AM »

Offline TripleOT

• Chat Moderator
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 213
The Cs can not have a full roster of healthy players, since they have to carry Rondo, Sully, and Barbosa on their roster, and the deadline for an injury exemption has passed. 

It's almost impossible to run an NBA team with only ten healthy players. It will limit what you can do in practice, and if a couple of guys get banged up, you might be up against the league rule that a team has to dress eight players.   

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2013, 11:52:06 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Danny promised this, so let's see if he is a man of his word or not??????????????????????????

Smitty77

I don't think he really promised this.  I think he mis-spoke a bit.  What I think he meant was that they would finish the season with 15 men on the roster, but not everything would shake out until the deadline.

In the context of the question, he was saying that they are not going to leave roster spots empty, but they also did not want to fill them too quickly, because having empty roster spots is valuable before the trade deadline. 

My guess though is that Danny is working on signing at least 1 10 day contract right now, and they will be ready by the first game after the All-Star break. 

« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2013, 11:54:04 AM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
when we get a guard, it wont be traded. we'll obtain the guard from free agency or waiver wire.

« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2013, 11:55:01 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
The Cs can not have a full roster of healthy players, since they have to carry Rondo, Sully, and Barbosa on their roster, and the deadline for an injury exemption has passed. 

It's almost impossible to run an NBA team with only ten healthy players. It will limit what you can do in practice, and if a couple of guys get banged up, you might be up against the league rule that a team has to dress eight players.
They don't have to carry Barbosa if they need another spot. The apron limits things but I think we might see a trade for a "protected" second round pick like we've seen before with Danny if it comes to that.

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2013, 11:56:28 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

They don't have to carry Barbosa if they need another spot. The apron limits things but I think we might see a trade for a "protected" second round pick like we've seen before with Danny if it comes to that.

Or simply out-right waived like we did with Wilcox a year ago. Either option will give us the roster spot we need.

« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2013, 11:58:41 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

Or simply out-right waived like we did with Wilcox a year ago. Either option will give us the roster spot we need.

Right.  But if you trade him, you will save room under the apron to be able to potentially use the LLE or take back more salary in a trade.

Since Barbosa makes the minimum, any team not up against the Apron can trade for him and not send back any salary.  Danny could send cash to pay Barbosa's salary, and the only thing that team would lose would be a roster spot, if they are under the tax line. 

« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2013, 11:59:02 AM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403

Considering the Cs hard cap issue (if they do make a trade or two) and the lux tax they'll be paying, I'd imagine they'd far prefer to trade away Barbosa or or any other deadweight salary they can....
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2013, 12:00:28 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Right.  But if you trade him, you will save room under the apron to be able to potentially use the LLE or take back more salary in a trade.

Since Barbosa makes the minimum, any team not up against the Apron can trade for him and not send back any salary.  Danny could send cash to pay Barbosa's salary, and the only thing that team would lose would be a roster spot, if they are under the tax line.
And they could then waive him if they wanted too.

Yeah I'm betting that Danny will try that maneuver again.