Author Topic: We would win if Doc didn't sub out Jeff Green for the last 6 mins  (Read 6931 times)

Re: We would win if Doc didn't sub out Jeff Green for the last 6 mins
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2013, 11:57:11 PM »

Offline Interceptor

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 224
Leading scorer on our team is causing matchup hell, getting to the basket, drilling every free throw, shooting >50%, leading the team in +/-, has only played 24 minutes... what do?

Let's sit him! Better yet, replace him with an old man running on dead legs!

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2013, 11:58:59 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
Green :( does he know something we don't?

Or does bass?

That said doc was a big part of the win streak after rondo, tonight was bordering on inexcusable though

« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2013, 12:03:50 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
He didn't want Green or Pierce on Mullens. Mullens got two easy hoops on each of them in the post.

He could have put Green at the two but then it's a quick guard on Green. (Walker and sessions I believe ).

So doc choose defensive matchups and Pierce over Green. Didn't work, but not a horrific brain fart that people think.

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2013, 12:05:55 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
I hated Doc not calling a timeout when they were taking over the lead. It is right when Barbosa got hurt as well. He's alway been bad managing timeouts when teams go on runs, usually waits forever.
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2013, 12:33:29 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
This is why I never put too much trust on doc.

His good points:
- Better plays in last minutes of a quarter/game.
- Players loves playing for him
- Good defensive rotations

His bad points:

- Inconsistent bench rotation
- Always pulls out the "hot" bench players for a cold starters
- Addicted to small ball

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2013, 01:40:10 AM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
Of all nights, should have been an easy call to leave Green in, let P sit out the 4th.   

This one is on Doc. 

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2013, 01:45:56 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
to play devils advocate.  Could the 30t and heart condition of Green have anything to do with Docs reluctance?

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2013, 02:59:59 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
He didn't want Green or Pierce on Mullens. Mullens got two easy hoops on each of them in the post.

He could have put Green at the two but then it's a quick guard on Green. (Walker and sessions I believe ).

So doc choose defensive matchups and Pierce over Green. Didn't work, but not a horrific brain fart that people think.

True.  The Bobcats are quick at the two and big at the four.  It wasn't a great night to use the Pierce/Green combination either at the 2/3 or the 3/4. 
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2013, 06:00:58 AM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
I hated Doc not calling a timeout when they were taking over the lead. It is right when Barbosa got hurt as well. He's alway been bad managing timeouts when teams go on runs, usually waits forever.

omg his timeout management is AWFUL
when we blew that lead against the hawks, he didn't call a timeout until they had already tied. what is that about?

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2013, 07:14:39 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. What did bass do to earn the minutes in the long stretch of the game over green? Put your best players on the floor when it counts the most.

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2013, 07:16:06 AM »

Offline TheBigTicket23

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
  • Anything is possible!
TP

I wanted to post the same, I think Doc blew the game and I'm never saying that. He also should have called more timeouts during bobcats run and give the players some rest.

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2013, 11:09:35 AM »

Offline Pucaccia

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 65
He is killing the opposing defense..instead Doc went back to a tired KG&Pierce pick and roll..If Doc just keep JG in for another min or two. we are on a 8 winning streak now
Totally agree. Doc seems to be sabotaging the team. It started against Denver and crept into Charlotte.

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2013, 12:50:56 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Green entered with 4:20 left in the 1st quarter.  He leaves with 5:23 left in the 2nd.  He re-enters the game with 6:09 left in the 3rd before leaving with 6:03 left in the 4th.  He comes back with 25.7 seconds left in the game.

Which of these options are superior to what Doc actually did?
-Leave Green in for the rest of the game and play him 18 consecutive minutes?
-Leave Green in the game and take him out only when he has obviously run out of energy?  (And if you believe this, can you demonstrate that he hadn't reached that point yet?)
-Take Green out earlier with the intention of putting him back in for several minutes at the end of the game?
-Take Green out at roughly the same time, but give him 2-3 minutes rest then put him back in?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2013, 01:00:01 PM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
He is killing the opposing defense..instead Doc went back to a tired KG&Pierce pick and roll..If Doc just keep JG in for another min or two. we are on a 8 winning streak now
Totally agree. Doc seems to be sabotaging the team. It started against Denver and crept into Charlotte.

It started far before denver.

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2013, 01:19:53 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445

omg his timeout management is AWFUL
when we blew that lead against the hawks, he didn't call a timeout until they had already tied. what is that about?

He did the same thing in the 2010 finals game 7.  He watched our dead tired team squander away a 9 point lead before he even called a timeout.  Right then and there I knew he was awful!