Author Topic: Allen Iverson Needs A Job!  (Read 8580 times)

Re: At this point, would you call Allen Iverson? Yes or No
« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2013, 06:30:58 PM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 80
Iverson was a supreme athlete so I think he could contribute something more than a average D-Leaguer! Look at Terrell Owens, GM's hate on him & don't give him another shot because he's near 40. But he still can't be stopped by 90% of the corners in the league. Should T.O. go to the CFL & waste his body there when he could be getting 900-1100 yards in the NFL? Iverson could score 13pts a game with us off the bench with no problems.

From National Football Post's Dan Pompei:

A front office man points out that one of the reasons Terrell Owens will be moving on to his fourth team in four years this year is he doesn’t always run his route the way he is supposed to and he leaves a lot of gray area for the quarterback. Last year, he led the NFL in most interceptions as a targeted receiver with 12, according to Stats, Inc. What’s more, he has led the league in the category with 43 interceptions over the last five years. And another issue with T.O? He was third in the league in drops last year with 11.

Owens is out of the league because he drops passes and runs bad routes.  He is also over the hill.
They guy had close to 100 yds his last full season with then Bengals. Make all the stats up you want about T.O. but how good has the Eagles been after he left I think they were 14-2 & a "superbowl" appearance. What about the Cowboys 13-3 & a Patrick Crayton dropped wide open T.D. that helped the Giants steal that game & eventually beat the Pats in the S.B. the 1st time. SF is barely getting back to prominence years after he left & Dallas still hasn't recovered! look at all the turmoil there they tried to place on T.O., I guess he wasn't the problem huh? But all his teams seems to be in contention I wonder why!

And the Bengals, his most recent team, are MUCH better without him.
This may be true but he definitely wasn't the problem that season. He was probably their lone bright spot being Carson Palmer stunk up the joint & they got a better QB to replace him in Dalton. Put T.O. last year with A.J. Green & they may go to the Super Bowl. They definitely most likely beats Houston in that 1st round.

Not a chance.
Your kidding aren't you? T.O. on that Bengals team as 2nd or 3rd receiver wouldn't have propelled them a little higher than they went is crazy thinking. Off the head you probably can't name tehir 2nd & 3rd WR which is exactly what im talking about. It was Green or Bust!

They would've been worse with Owens.  He would've dropped passes and caused Dalton's INTs to rise and caused locker room turmoil.

There are 30 NBA front offices.  None of them deemed signing Allen Iverson a worthwhile investment.

There are 32 NFL front offices.  None of them deemed signing Terrell Owens a worthwhile investment. 

What information do you have that these 62 front offices don't have?

« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2013, 06:31:18 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
He's still full of pride & feels he's above the D-League

I don't want to go after anyone who feels this way.

That is the best post I have ever read on these forums, which are filled with lunacy and lack of rationality. So glad none of these ridiculous CB posters are the Celtic's GM
And many of us knowledgeable fans who's seen basketball since Bird's rookie year who's over 35+ years of age is happy none of you guys aren't GM's either! If you think Iverson wasn't a great player is asinine. And you should be stripped of your talking basketball card! I've probably forgot more basketball than you'll ever know.

« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2013, 06:32:47 PM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton

That is the best post I have ever read on these forums, which are filled with lunacy and lack of rationality. So glad none of these ridiculous CB posters are the Celtic's GM
And many of us knowledgeable fans who's seen basketball since Bird's rookie year who's over 35+ years of age is happy none of you guys aren't GM's either! If you think Iverson wasn't a great player is asinine. And you should be stripped of your talking basketball card! I've probably forgot more basketball than you'll ever know.

Iverson was a great player.  Bird was a great player.  Keyword there = "was".

« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2013, 06:34:11 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
Iverson was a supreme athlete so I think he could contribute something more than a average D-Leaguer! Look at Terrell Owens, GM's hate on him & don't give him another shot because he's near 40. But he still can't be stopped by 90% of the corners in the league. Should T.O. go to the CFL & waste his body there when he could be getting 900-1100 yards in the NFL? Iverson could score 13pts a game with us off the bench with no problems.

A front office man points out that one of the reasons Terrell Owens will be moving on to his fourth team in four years this year is he doesn’t always run his route the way he is supposed to and he leaves a lot of gray area for the quarterback. Last year, he led the NFL in most interceptions as a targeted receiver with 12, according to Stats, Inc. What’s more, he has led the league in the category with 43 interceptions over the last five years. And another issue with T.O? He was third in the league in drops last year with 11.

Owens is out of the league because he drops passes and runs bad routes.  He is also over the hill.
They guy had close to 100 yds his last full season with then Bengals. Make all the stats up you want about T.O. but how good has the Eagles been after he left I think they were 14-2 & a "superbowl" appearance. What about the Cowboys 13-3 & a Patrick Crayton dropped wide open T.D. that helped the Giants steal that game & eventually beat the Pats in the S.B. the 1st time. SF is barely getting back to prominence years after he left & Dallas still hasn't recovered! look at all the turmoil there they tried to place on T.O., I guess he wasn't the problem huh? But all his teams seems to be in contention I wonder why!

This may be true but he definitely wasn't the problem that season. He was probably their lone bright spot being Carson Palmer stunk up the joint & they got a better QB to replace him in Dalton. Put T.O. last year with A.J. Green & they may go to the Super Bowl. They definitely most likely beats Houston in that 1st round.

Not a chance.
Your kidding aren't you? T.O. on that Bengals team as 2nd or 3rd receiver wouldn't have propelled them a little higher than they went is crazy thinking. Off the head you probably can't name tehir 2nd & 3rd WR which is exactly what im talking about. It was Green or Bust!

They would've been worse with Owens.  He would've dropped passes and caused Dalton's INTs to rise and caused locker room turmoil.

There are 30 NBA front offices.  None of them deemed signing Allen Iverson a worthwhile investment.

There are 32 NFL front offices.  None of them deemed signing Terrell Owens a worthwhile investment. 

The only information I ever go by is what I see on the field in production! I don't need anything else. Numbers don't lie people do! People do get black balled I hope you do know this.

« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2013, 06:34:47 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Iverson was a great player.  Bird was a great player.  Keyword there = "was".

Agreed. An old, retired Iverson or Bird, or Magic, or Sir Charles isn't going to help any NBA team on the court nowadays no matter how great they were.

I'd still give a 50 year old MJ a shot though.

« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2013, 06:35:25 PM »

Offline mikestar

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 8
Hell yeah to an AI workout!!!

« Reply #51 on: February 12, 2013, 06:38:41 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown

Not a chance.

The only information I ever go by is what I see on the field in production! I don't need anything else. Numbers don't lie people do! People do get black balled I hope you do know this.
I just had to add this! maybe I do know more than most NBA execs. Because I know Jason Collins has no business running up & down a NBA court in uniform for anyone! I do know that!

« Reply #52 on: February 12, 2013, 06:44:49 PM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton

Not a chance.

If Iverson were "black balled", why would an NBA D-League team, owned and operated by the NBA, offer him a job?  Offering someone a job is a strange way to black ball them.  Millions of unemployed Americans would love to be "black balled" the same way Iverson is.

« Reply #53 on: February 12, 2013, 06:47:46 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown

Not a chance.

If Iverson were "black balled", why would an NBA D-League team, owned and operated by the NBA, offer him a job?  Offering someone a job is a strange way to black ball them.
To insult & Embarrass him! Some people just don't get it. They wanna have him bust his azz only to never ever get another chance no matter how good he does. Just ask Rashard McCants!

« Reply #54 on: February 12, 2013, 06:49:11 PM »

Offline CelticHooligan3

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 130
Absolutley not. He's widely rumored to be an alcoholic.

« Reply #55 on: February 12, 2013, 06:49:38 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Cool. Sign him
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2013, 06:50:23 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
Worst comes to worst, try to bargain a $8 million deal with only $1000 guaranteed and a team option to waive him if we don't win the championship.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #57 on: February 12, 2013, 06:51:51 PM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
Worst comes to worst, try to bargain a $8 million deal with only $1000 guaranteed and a team option to waive him if we don't win the championship.

We're over the salary cap.  We're not signing anyone to a $8 million deal.  And why is that a bargain?  Why would you outbid his next highest offer by $8 million?  That's just poor negotiating.

« Reply #58 on: February 12, 2013, 06:54:50 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

We're over the salary cap.  We're not signing anyone to a $8 million deal.  And why is that a bargain?  Why would you outbid his next highest offer by $8 million?

Code: [Select]
Sarcasm... maybe a ten-day or two? If he fits, keep 'im
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #59 on: February 12, 2013, 06:55:05 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
Absolutley not. He's widely rumored to be an alcoholic.
And Barkley during his playing days was rumored to be the meanest guy in the NBA. As you clearly see now its so far from the truth. Don't believe in rumors! Because someone see's a guy in a club having drinks doesn't mean anything unless you go home & live with that person & see for yourself.