Author Topic: Matching up against the Heat  (Read 407 times)

Matching up against the Heat
« on: February 11, 2013, 02:02:39 PM »

Offline traderondo

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 2
Looking ahead to the playoffs, I am curious to see how the new Celtics matchup against the new Heat and what we should expect differently in a 7 game series.  The main changes I see are:

-No Rondo
-Ray Allen on Heat, not on Celtics
-Healthy Bosh
-Jeff Green
-Avery Bradley

I think the two biggest factors which hurt us last year are that we had to double team D-Wade a lot in the series and that we used Pierce and Brandon Bass as the main defenders of Lebron.  This time around I see Bradley covering Wade, eliminating the need for a double team.  Hopefully this gives the Celtics a better overall team defense.  With Jeff Green covering Lebron, I would expect that our defense improves their as well (although Lebron is even that much better this year than last, it's ridiculous. 

Hopefully those two improvements allow KG to play tighter D on Bosh since he won't need to help as much, leaving Bosh openings to score. 

I think those two main factors give the Celts a better chance than I think they are getting credit for. 

Am I crazy, or does anyone else think that the Bradley-Green effect on defense gives us a chance at pulling of a huge upset?

Re: Matching up against the Heat
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 02:04:57 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
We have a million things to worry about before we worry about how we're matching up against the Heat.

Staying healthy and finding some depth  would be a couple.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

Re: Matching up against the Heat
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 02:15:21 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
Looking ahead to the playoffs, I am curious to see how the new Celtics matchup against the new Heat and what we should expect differently in a 7 game series.  The main changes I see are:

-No Rondo
-Ray Allen on Heat, not on Celtics
-Healthy Bosh
-Jeff Green
-Avery Bradley

I think the two biggest factors which hurt us last year are that we had to double team D-Wade a lot in the series and that we used Pierce and Brandon Bass as the main defenders of Lebron.  This time around I see Bradley covering Wade, eliminating the need for a double team.  Hopefully this gives the Celtics a better overall team defense.  With Jeff Green covering Lebron, I would expect that our defense improves their as well (although Lebron is even that much better this year than last, it's ridiculous. 

Hopefully those two improvements allow KG to play tighter D on Bosh since he won't need to help as much, leaving Bosh openings to score. 

I think those two main factors give the Celts a better chance than I think they are getting credit for. 

Am I crazy, or does anyone else think that the Bradley-Green effect on defense gives us a chance at pulling of a huge upset?

The heat are even better this year than last year. We lost sully which was a huge blow for us. if we do not at least get a sully type replacement forget about it. Even then we will have just a puncher's chance. You have to beat the heat where you have advantages. last year it was at PG and C. well, the PG issue is now null and void from a INDIVIDUAL perspective with rondo gone. However from a TEAM perpsective we are playing better without him so far. We would need the whole team to attack for 48 minutes every night AND have KG and some other big perpetually punish Bosh, Haslem and Anthony down low. 
LET'S GO CELTICS!