Author Topic: Paul Millsap  (Read 2253 times)

Paul Millsap
« on: February 11, 2013, 09:42:20 AM »

Offline TheBigTicket23

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 59
  • Anything is possible!
While I'm still so pumped up about our win against the Denver Nuggets, man what an awesome game that was I saw that Utah is thinking about dealing Paul Milsapp.

I really like Milsapp, he works really hard, does the little things, good in a lot of aspects and I think he can improve his defense in a good defensive team. He is really versatile and can play multiple position.

The question is what do we have to give up, is there any chance we can get him without giving up too much and what kind of contract do we need to give him after this season. I think he really got the mindset of a celtic, he is one of those players who got the ability and mindset to change from bleeding normal red to bleeding green.

Picks are not getting it done i think :( I don't want to give up anything right now which is part of the recent success. I mean Garnett, Pierce, Bradley, Green, even Terry and Lee.
I would think about Lee but I love this guy of late. Maybe Lee / Bass / Picks could get it done.

Any opinions?

Re: Paul Millsap
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 09:44:04 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
It is going to cost Green and some other pieces.

The problem is Utah will not want Green (they have Williams) so it would take a third team that wants a starting SF.

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 09:44:35 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I don't think the C's can make a competitive offer. Not with our limited salary flexibility and relatively sparse future assets.

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 09:49:22 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
I don't think the C's can make a competitive offer. Not with our limited salary flexibility and relatively sparse future assets.

What about saving money?

Lee to Memphis via the Trade Exception. Fab Melo and a first rounder to the Jazz.

Is that too much for Milsap?

I really like his game, and think it would fit well on our team.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 10:00:19 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Melo and a first rounder too much? Why would the Jazz take that deal?

My trade package for anyone is Bradley, Bass and a first rounder. Not sure if that can get us anything of value or not. But that is what Im offering to teams, if no one wants it then I hold ground with what weve got.

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 10:20:09 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Melo and a first rounder too much? Why would the Jazz take that deal?

My trade package for anyone is Bradley, Bass and a first rounder. Not sure if that can get us anything of value or not. But that is what Im offering to teams, if no one wants it then I hold ground with what weve got.

Bradley is too valuable to us. He's the best PG ball pressurer in the world. Too crucial to our defense. Can't move him for a Milsap or any expiring contract.

Also that's just bad business.

These teams have very little leverage. Teams know they are looking to get something before they let these guys walk anyway. So why give up Bradley for a guy who is pretty much guaranteed to be a FA?

I know we couldn't sign any of them, but my point is that these teams are not resigning these guys, so they're vulnerable in any negotiation.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 05:58:44 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=b8wmnj8

What about using the Warriors and Richard Jefferson as the 3rd team and Sullinger as the bait?  Its not like the C's would be able to play Sullinger much with Millsap getting most of the PF minutes.

The Warriors would wlcome Green as a 3/4 addition as they are in the thick of the playoff hunt in the west. 

Utah has to take on extra salary, but they get Sullinger and maybe a pick out of the deal.  (and playing time for Favors/Kanter)