Author Topic: Big man depth  (Read 4945 times)

Re: Big man depth
« Reply #30 on: February 10, 2013, 09:53:41 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Barbosa goes down, 3-man rotation is all you need, and Pierce can play SG too.

SF depth is one of my main concerns.

I am not sure which is more important to me. An extra guard or that third SF.

The third SF was a priority for me all season until Rondo went down. Now Sully has gone down too. Plus, there is Fab Melo. That is three empty roster spots. That is a pain.

We would've had great depth with five rotation caliber guards, two rotation caliber SFs and a third stringer and then 7 big men (well, 6 playable guys + Fab Melo). Protection / insurance all over the court. Take three roster spots away and things get tight.

They need at least more one rotation caliber big man preferably Kenyon Martin. That gives them 11 roster spots. Five bigs, two SFs and four guards.

Then you have the injury risk with Chris Wilcox (suddenly back down to 3 rotation bigs)+ the lack of SF depth behind Pierce / Green + the lack of guard depth behind rotation guys.

Three holes to fill and only one roster spot to do it.

I am not sure which one is the most important.

Someone in the Kris Joseph mold would be my preference, can play SF, and can fill in as a SG if needed.

If by guard you mean a PG, I think that would be a waste of roster space, other wise, a SF who can fill in as a SG would be preferable to me.

« Reply #31 on: February 10, 2013, 09:56:08 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green

I am not sure which is more important to me. An extra guard or that third SF.

The third SF was a priority for me all season until Rondo went down. Now Sully has gone down too. Plus, there is Fab Melo. That is three empty roster spots. That is a pain.

We would've had great depth with five rotation caliber guards, two rotation caliber SFs and a third stringer and then 7 big men (well, 6 playable guys + Fab Melo). Protection / insurance all over the court. Take three roster spots away and things get tight.

They need at least more one rotation caliber big man preferably Kenyon Martin. That gives them 11 roster spots. Five bigs, two SFs and four guards.

Then you have the injury risk with Chris Wilcox (suddenly back down to 3 rotation bigs)+ the lack of SF depth behind Pierce / Green + the lack of guard depth behind rotation guys.

Three holes to fill and only one roster spot to do it.

I am not sure which one is the most important.

Someone in the Kris Joseph mold would be my preference, can play SF, and can fill in as a SG if needed.

If by guard you mean a PG, I think that would be a waste of roster space, other wise, a SF who can fill in as a SG would be preferable to me.

Kris Joseph is no longer a Red Claw. He was traded earlier today... :\
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2013, 09:24:49 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Our big man depth is not that bad, we have 4 players currently who are big-men rotation players, and two open roster spaces yet to be filled.

We also have 4 players for the backcourt and 2 players for the SF position.

One injury = end of season even if it's Barbosa, Wilcox or Collins...

Look at Denver's roster... 15 players >_<

[and Melo should never go into our rotation this year]

Why did you say that :\
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2013, 09:34:34 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2237
Byron blankin' Mullens 25/18, 'Cats taking it to the hole.....WE NEED A BIG MAN..........................................................................C'MON AINGE