Author Topic: I thought last night was a big game...  (Read 2884 times)

Re: I thought last night was a big game...
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2013, 12:30:53 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Sounds like a case of "it's the weekend, we've already got the most popular player breaking some random record we dug up in a marquee game, just give everything else a standard blurb and let's go home".  Annoying but not unexpected.
Plus as cool as the C's winning streak is, LeBron going off on the Lakers is going to be a bigger story for casual fans everytime.

Agreed but it is Lebron and he's accomplished something the last five games that a) hasn't been seen in over 30 years b) has only been seen twice before and c) has never been done by a perimeter oriented player. It really is amazing.

Did I mention its Lebron? You know ESPNs golden boy.
as someone who only follows the C's and no one else in the league, please enlighten me --> what has Bron been doing for a whole 5 games?

« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2013, 12:52:37 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Sounds like a case of "it's the weekend, we've already got the most popular player breaking some random record we dug up in a marquee game, just give everything else a standard blurb and let's go home".  Annoying but not unexpected.
Plus as cool as the C's winning streak is, LeBron going off on the Lakers is going to be a bigger story for casual fans everytime.

Agreed but it is Lebron and he's accomplished something the last five games that a) hasn't been seen in over 30 years b) has only been seen twice before and c) has never been done by a perimeter oriented player. It really is amazing.

Did I mention its Lebron? You know ESPNs golden boy.
as someone who only follows the C's and no one else in the league, please enlighten me --> what has Bron been doing for a whole 5 games?

Scored at least 30 points on at least 60% shooting every game.  It's not really a "record" in any official sense, but it is a very rare streak of highly efficient scoring.  It has been done by a perimeter guy, though (Adrian Dantley about 35 years back).

« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2013, 01:01:40 PM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
As a celtics fan obviously i care more about them than lebron. That being said I can easily see how the normal fan would care more about the heat and lebron than anything the celtics or denver do. Not to mention what lebron is doing right now is absolutely INSANE.

guy is shooting 71%
went into last nights game 40 for 50 at one point.

that's stupid. and as much as I hate the Heat..I don't get it and you have to give props

« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2013, 01:06:58 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
it was pathetic last night and this morning....I waited and waited but apparently I dreamt the Boston/Denver game happened because hours of watching and I saw mostly Lebron gushing...coverage of the games that were on the espn affiliated networks, Michael Jordan turns 50 segments and more Lebron gushing...quite funny actually, I never did see the highlights of the best game of the night until I went to NBA TV