Author Topic: I thought last night was a big game...  (Read 2882 times)

I thought last night was a big game...
« on: February 11, 2013, 08:11:12 AM »

Offline eighteen

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 16
ESPN obviously didn't.
http://espn.go.com/nba/

Just a little tiny box at the bottom. Maybe they just don't know how to spin this.

Re: I thought last night was a big game...
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 08:19:29 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Haha I checked ESPN last night and almost threw up when I saw a LeBron scores thirty headline, over a triple overtime game between two teams that had win streaks on the line...

Like really? It unbelievable.

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 09:04:56 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
It seems silly until you realize that LeBron has been BALLING lately.  Like, it shouldn't be possible to dominate the way he has the past few games.  Definitely more big-picture newsworthy than a very entertaining game between two sub-contending teams.

LeBron is the face of the league right now, and for good reason.  News about him will always trump news about anybody else.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 09:08:11 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Sounds like a case of "it's the weekend, we've already got the most popular player breaking some random record we dug up in a marquee game, just give everything else a standard blurb and let's go home".  Annoying but not unexpected.

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 09:26:52 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
for us Celtics diehards it was another epic game for the ages of Celtic ball.......but i for everybody else I suppose it was just a excellent game.

To get the media love , you need the fancy win/loss record , which we don't have.....

now if the Celtics can win another 5 or 6 in a row the respect will start to come from the media.

it's all about the Heat and Bron for the masses.

meantime C's should just worry about adding more wins

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 10:40:52 AM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550
for us Celtics diehards it was another epic game for the ages of Celtic ball.......but i for everybody else I suppose it was just a excellent game.

To get the media love , you need the fancy win/loss record , which we don't have.....

now if the Celtics can win another 5 or 6 in a row the respect will start to come from the media.

it's all about the Heat and Bron for the masses um... i mean bandwagoners.

meantime C's should just worry about adding more wins

fixed it for ya.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 10:46:09 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
Haha I checked ESPN last night and almost threw up when I saw a LeBron scores thirty headline, over a triple overtime game between two teams that had win streaks on the line...

Lol win streaks on the line....

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 10:47:08 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
Lebron is trying to make history while Pierce was making history last night being the oldest player on NBAa history to ever record at least 20, 12 and 12

« Reply #8 on: February 11, 2013, 10:48:01 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134
As a celtics fan obviously i care more about them than lebron. That being said I can easily see how the normal fan would care more about the heat and lebron than anything the celtics or denver do. Not to mention what lebron is doing right now is absolutely INSANE.

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2013, 10:54:50 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Lol win streaks on the line....

?

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2013, 10:59:06 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Sounds like a case of "it's the weekend, we've already got the most popular player breaking some random record we dug up in a marquee game, just give everything else a standard blurb and let's go home".  Annoying but not unexpected.
Plus as cool as the C's winning streak is, LeBron going off on the Lakers is going to be a bigger story for casual fans everytime.

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2013, 11:05:03 AM »

Offline CelticG1

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 288
It is funny that the triple ot game will probably go down as the game of the season in the NBA or maybe the Heat double OT game.

Last night was about as ridiculous as you can get with all the video review and ridiculous shot making

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2013, 11:13:17 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Plus as cool as the C's winning streak is, LeBron going off on the Lakers is going to be a bigger story for casual fans everytime.

Agreed but it is Lebron and he's accomplished something the last five games that a) hasn't been seen in over 30 years b) has only been seen twice before and c) has never been done by a perimeter oriented player. It really is amazing.

Did I mention its Lebron? You know ESPNs golden boy.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2013, 11:15:04 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
It is funny that the triple ot game will probably go down as the game of the season in the NBA or maybe the Heat double OT game.

Last night was about as ridiculous as you can get with all the video review and ridiculous shot making

The green three and then OMG the pierce three had to be gut wrenching for anyone who claims a Denver Nuggets allegiance.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2013, 12:25:53 PM »

Offline Scottie

• NGT
  • Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 53
  • About five seconds after 17 O'clock!!
Shows that the individual is valued more than the team.