Author Topic: Brandon Bass Needs To Step-Up Or He Has To Go  (Read 7610 times)

Re: Brandon Bass Needs To Step-Up Or He Has To Go
« Reply #30 on: February 12, 2013, 12:00:26 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
To me I think he is the player most likely to move. I think he could have some use to a young team trying to make it in the playoffs.

Maybe something like this http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cffk2ut
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2013, 06:17:12 AM »

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 23
To me I think he is the player most likely to move. I think he could have some use to a young team trying to make it in the playoffs.

Maybe something like this http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=cffk2ut

trade machine don't work

« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2013, 07:33:01 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
 He is a mediocre rebounder and he does not protect the rim well.  Other than that he is a decent albeit small PF.

« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2013, 08:19:03 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Agreed but at this rate who would want him.

« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2013, 08:25:08 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
7 Game Winning Streak With Rajan Rondo Out

Heat Vs Celtics
Brandon Bass

13:54min
4 Rebounds

Orlando Vs Celtics
Brandon Bass

26:27min
7 Rebounds

Clippers Vs Celtics
Brandon Bass

29:40min
8 Rebounds

Is That OK For A Power Forward?

Um, yes.  Actually that is perfectly fine for a PF.  Players like Serge Ibaka, David West, Paul Millsap and Marc Gasol average under 8 rebounds per game.  Notice how few minutes he played in the first 2 games here.  He can't be to blame for that.

And its an interesting theory, but I rarely subscribe to theories that when a team is on a 7 game winning streak, one of their starting 5 "has to go" because of below average production in a single statistic in 4/7 of those games.

That and also, he's grabbed 7 and 9 rebounds in the 2 next games against Charlotte and Chicago.

If there's one players' rebounding who I'm concerned about its Jeff Green.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2013, 08:28:36 AM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
I give Bass huge props for the Chicago game.  He put in work big time.

I'd hate to see him go, because he's been hustling all year. But his production has been subpar.  If a deal comes along with an upgrade at the 4 or 5, Danny needs to make that trade.

« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2013, 08:37:20 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

I'd hate to see him go, because he's been hustling all year. But his production has been subpar.  If a deal comes along with an upgrade at the 4 or 5, Danny needs to make that trade.
You'll never be able to trade someone for their upgraded version. Bass isn't going anywhere -- and that's ok.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2013, 08:44:21 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
If there's one players' rebounding who I'm concerned about its Jeff Green.
Yeah despite getting more minutes at "PF" his rebounding has remained blah, a lot of sub 6 TRB% games since Sullinger went out.

Part of that though is that Pierce has been busting his but on the glass. It'd be nice if Green showed that he could step up in the same manner.

« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2013, 08:45:21 AM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.

You'll never be able to trade someone for their upgraded version. Bass isn't going anywhere -- and that's ok.

Right now, I'm just hoping he can step up his game in the second half of the season.

« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2013, 08:47:15 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Right now, I'm just hoping he can step up his game in the second half of the season.
If he can get back to high 40s for his catch and shoot chances that alone would be a big boost.

« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2013, 09:00:05 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294

If he can get back to high 40s for his catch and shoot chances that alone would be a big boost.
He's been much better in February (.500 from the field with 2 assists per game). Let's hope he can build on that.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #41 on: February 15, 2013, 09:32:40 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

He's been much better in February (.500 from the field with 2 assists per game). Let's hope he can build on that.

Agreed. He has looked like a different player showing a ton more hustle and effort. Something inspired him as of late. He looks like a bit of the player he was turning out to be last year in flashes lately.

« Reply #42 on: February 15, 2013, 09:34:33 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
I think that if anyone gets traded, it will be some combination of Lee, Green and/or Bradley.  I just don't think that Bass has very much value in a trade right now. 

It was nice to see him have one of his better games in recent memory right before the all star break.  Hopefully, this gives him some confidence to come out and play better more consistently when the team returns to action.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #43 on: February 15, 2013, 09:57:51 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
I think that if anyone gets traded, it will be some combination of Lee, Green and/or Bradley.  I just don't think that Bass has very much value in a trade right now. 

It was nice to see him have one of his better games in recent memory right before the all star break.  Hopefully, this gives him some confidence to come out and play better more consistently when the team returns to action.

Yes, I agree with all these sentiments.

He doesn't "have to go" if he plays poorly -- rather, no one will take him. And its not worth it for the Cs to "pay" someone to take him (ie with a draft pick).

And if he starts playing lights out, well then thats a reason to trade him, no? Because then his value will be higher?

In short, I think its not: "Brandon Bass Needs To Step-Up Or He Has To Go"
but rather "Brandon Bass Needs To Step-Up So As To Increase His Value (to the Cs or to a potential trade partner)"
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #44 on: February 15, 2013, 10:13:56 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532
If Phoenix offered Bass for Beasley, would you do it?  They have very similar contracts so the money is a wash, it comes down to preference on the player.  So what do you do if that deal is on the table.

I probably take the deal because for all of Beasley's flaws, he does have immense talent and maybe coming here with this team will get him to focus.  Since the dollars are the same, I say it is worth the risk. 

What say you?

And for the record that is about the only deal I can see for Bass, where he isn't just in there for dollars, and where no other assets are going out with him.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip