Author Topic: KG explains "last all-star game" quote  (Read 2844 times)

Re: KG explains "last all-star game" quote
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2013, 03:38:23 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=8952154

KG suggests that his quote was taken out of context.  He says he was speculating that he wouldn't make the team in the future, not that he was planning on retiring.

KG also indicates that he wants to retire a Celtic and be "buried in green".

Not shocked that's what he's saying now, but not completely buying it either. KG seems like a very candid person, and I think he just let something very personal slip without thinking about it. This is all damage control.
I'm less likely to take KG too literally, especially right after a tough game.

Absolutely a fair point. Being that exhausted can lead to saying impulsive gut reaction things you don't mean in hindsight, at least as likely as saying true things you didn't mean to reveal to the media.
Disagree completely.  I thought this is what he meant from the beginning.

KG is a humble person and knows he probably didn't even deserve this all star nod.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2013, 04:02:15 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Obviously, reporters make a crazy story out of it.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2013, 04:45:34 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2013, 04:55:55 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448

KG suggests that his quote was taken out of context.  He says he was speculating that he wouldn't make the team in the future, not that he was planning on retiring.

Not shocked that's what he's saying now, but not completely buying it either. KG seems like a very candid person, and I think he just let something very personal slip without thinking about it. This is all damage control.
I'm less likely to take KG too literally, especially right after a tough game.

Absolutely a fair point. Being that exhausted can lead to saying impulsive gut reaction things you don't mean in hindsight, at least as likely as saying true things you didn't mean to reveal to the media.

yeah this is true.

As Doc suggested, there is also a strong possibility KG would say he wanted to retire right up until he actually had to stare never playing again in the face... then he'd have to come back again.  Too much of a competitor.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2013, 02:23:51 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031

Didn't listen to the link, but I heard him on NBATV this afternoon and he basically said the same thing there. I too did not buy it then and I still don't.

I think you nailed it. He momentarily let out too much and is now playing it down because of all the attention it got nationally (all over ESPN yesterday).
CELTICS 2024