Author Topic: Win Now trade involving Sacramento, but not DMC.  (Read 1259 times)

Win Now trade involving Sacramento, but not DMC.
« on: February 11, 2013, 01:28:55 AM »

Offline sdceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 45
DMC is out of reach now. We might have had a chance, but that is a thing of the past.

The current rosters performance is ridiculously surprising to me. I really love the team ball, and the sudden focus on all players strengths on offense has brought confidence that hasn't really been present outside of KG/PP.

Come playoff time though, we won't be playing teams like Orlando, Washington, Phoenix, etc.

We will get Miami with elevated play from their stars, Chicago with Rose back in the fold, New York/Indiana..... and if we are lucky to get through that, then a loftier opponent out of the West.

This trade is not a knock on Rondo, but he is out, and this team as is, will need more depth to get through the playoffs, IMO.

If the plan is to keep PP/KG to compete for right now, I think the mindset needs to be all about right now then.

Boston Trades:

Rajon Rondo
Jason Collins

Sacramento Trades:

Tyreke Evans
Jason Thompson
Isaiah Thomas

This only works because Sacramento is on the move, and already in the tank. Evans is likely gone next year, so they essentially are trading for Rondo for next year and only give up Thompson/Thomas to do so. They will net a likely top 5 pick to pair up with Rondo/DMC/Thornton/Salmons/Robinson

Boston gets Thompson who can start at PF or Center alongside KG. Boston gets a rebounding machine, who can score to replace Sullingers size/production......Thompson also is signed to an affordable contract amount. Evans can be resigned next season, and addresses any scoring issues we may face off the bench.

I really like the starting lineup (if Evans beats out Lee/Terry) of

Bradley/Evans/PP/Thompson/KG

Thomas is an added prospect who is already putting up solid numbers, and would surely get some burn for this team also when Bradley struggles.

Re: Win Now trade involving Sacramento, but not DMC.
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2013, 01:41:32 AM »

Offline sdceltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 45
I do believe in this team, as is, to make some noise in the playoffs.

But dude, the lineups Doc could go to adding those 3 guys from SAC in to the rotation

Depth Chart is off the charts:

Bradley/Terry/Thomas/Barbosa
Evans/Lee/Bradley/Terry/Barbosa
Pierce/Green/Evans
Thompson/Wilcox/Green
KG/Thompson/Melo (likely called up as a reserve for playoffs)

That rotation is one more veteran big away from being a top to bottom, very competitive squad.

Next year, assuming we re-sign Evans, and get Wilcox at the minimum again

Bradley/Terry/Thomas
Evans/Lee/Terry/Bradley
Pierce/Green/Evans
Sullinger/Thompson/Wilcox
KG/Thompson/Melo

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2013, 02:42:58 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Interesting. I could live with that haul only if we move Bass and one of the six guards for another impact big.

It would probably be Lee even though I like him.

As constructed, the trade would leave the team with too much depth at the 1/2 for our own good.

What could we do with Bass + Lee? Gortat?

I could see Sacramento being interested in Rondo to pair with DMC, although I am weary of those two personalities on the same team lol.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 02:45:08 AM »

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 23
bad idea

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 02:51:41 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
This team should not be making "win now" trades this season.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain