Author Topic: The RONDO bashing has got to stop  (Read 11308 times)

Re: The RONDO bashing has got to stop
« Reply #90 on: February 11, 2013, 03:56:08 PM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Some people here claim Rondo is "overrated" around here. The funny thing is, if you go to other SB Nation sites, his game is pretty well respected. Its mostly around CelticsBlog that he ges beat down and scapegoated so much.
It's not funny. There are two things people don't understand:

(1) The fact that his game is respected around the league makes it possible to get some real value in a trade. As in, a player that's at least as good as Rondo (believe it or not, those exist in the NBA).

(2) The world (or the Boston Celtics) doesn't end if you trade Rondo.

So yeah, people who ignore (1) and think (2) is false clearly overrate Rondo.

"Believe it or not, those exist in the NBA."

I can't really respond the way I want because it will probably get me banned, but I will say this - you're pretty condescending and its unnecessary.
This whole thread, starting with its title, is way more condescending to people that refuse to worship Rondo. I find answering in kind pretty necessary.

I can be reasonable, cite examples, and provide a well-argued point (and in fact I have, on multiple occasions) -- but it's less fun, and just as futile where changing people's mind is concerned.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #91 on: February 11, 2013, 03:56:26 PM »

Offline celtics2

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 42
Are we people too short sighted that Rondo is an integral part of this team? Even doc, danny, PP and KG have stipulated this in interviews?

We only can see that:

1. He is moody (although if you look at it Bird, russel hell even KG are moody);
2. He is a ball-hog (Doc's system dictated that he get the ball almost all of the time - doc is a stubborn goat who likes to executes plays which are at times stale already);

But look at rondo as a player, I am not a Rondo apologist - i sometimes am also frustrated by the way Rondo and the Celtics play - but I believe that we need him, and the team needs him.

the kid has heart and once he gets back he'll even be a stud for the celtics. Mark my words, If we traded him and he excels with the other team (think Tony Allen) Some people here will say "Man I wish we still had Rondo";

If he couldn't do it on 2 legs how's he going to do it on 1 1/2?

« Reply #92 on: February 11, 2013, 04:00:09 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
if your team can't get to the playoff..... what's the point of what use to be with a different set of players.....that was then this is now.... freedom ball is not perfect....but it beats losing and watching the Celtics crumble under Rondos Hog Ball...the team was self imploding with the Rondo / Doc driven  program......Maybe it doesn't last but for now the CeltIcs have pulled together and things don't look so bleak........
sharing the ball looks so much better....even if people think it isn't playoff ball....I like it
I enjoyed the play last few games as well as anytime this year.......why complain about getting rid of a problem....be happy the Celtics finally are playing as the unit many of us thought they could

this turn around  is a good  thing........Past play by Rondo  was then....not working so great with these guys

I'm backing this group, far as they go......they deserve a shot...no matter how slim chance.

« Reply #93 on: February 11, 2013, 04:08:47 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Some people here claim Rondo is "overrated" around here. The funny thing is, if you go to other SB Nation sites, his game is pretty well respected. Its mostly around CelticsBlog that he ges beat down and scapegoated so much.

(1) The fact that his game is respected around the league makes it possible to get some real value in a trade. As in, a player that's at least as good as Rondo (believe it or not, those exist in the NBA).

I can't really respond the way I want because it will probably get me banned, but I will say this - you're pretty condescending and its unnecessary.
This whole thread, starting with its title, is way more condescending to people that refuse to worship Rondo. I find answering in kind pretty necessary.

So that excuses you being condescending?

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #94 on: February 11, 2013, 04:10:52 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1406
  • Let's Go Celtics!

I can be reasonable, cite examples, and provide a well-argued point (and in fact I have, on multiple occasions) -- but it's less fun, and just as futile where changing people's mind is concerned.

Who asked you to change anyone's mind in the first place? I'm not a sinner whose looking to be converted.

Look, I can already see you and I are not going to see eye to eye, respect each other's opinions,  or otherwise have a civil debate.  Lets just agree to ignore each other.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #95 on: February 11, 2013, 04:16:46 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Actually, with that it seems like this thread has pretty much run its course. There were some good points made, some nice volley's back and forth, and ultimately everyone walked away without changing anyone's mind.

I'm locking it. If anyone thinks they have something new to add that hasn't already been said, PM me.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner