Author Topic: That's why you don't trade the Captain...  (Read 4903 times)

Re: That's why you don't trade the Captain...
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2013, 10:38:12 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
funny how my friend was cursing Pierce and KG til the 3OT, when Pierce showed up and made some big plays...along with Terry

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2013, 10:40:17 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1538
funny how my friend was cursing Pierce and KG til the 3OT, when Pierce showed up and made some big plays...along with Terry

we need a big who can power his way down low and shoot those 7 foot shots off the glass. what ever happened to those typed of bigs? KG never gets that far down low. too weak in the legs probably.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2013, 10:41:25 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
Pierce and KG all heart ......never say never to these two guys........they defeat the savage non human creature. .....the Manimal.       ;D

i hate contested shots like that but that was lebronesque or kobesque...dude all in his face and hits a 3.

hate to say it but, he's been doing that way before lebron. so its not lebronesque....

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2013, 10:46:49 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
also, something nobody here has yet to discuss is PP took a 3 that was NOT needed in OT and missed instead of just getting 2 and really put us behind the 8 ball and forced green to shoot his 3. we got lucky there. i think we were down by 3 at that point. plenty of time to get two and a stop. we really rolled the dice today. and escaped.

Totally unforgivable. Forget wanting to trade him, I'd waive him tomorrow morning for taking such an unnecessary shot.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2013, 10:53:15 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1538
Pierce and KG all heart ......never say never to these two guys........they defeat the savage non human creature. .....the Manimal.       ;D

i hate contested shots like that but that was lebronesque or kobesque...dude all in his face and hits a 3.

hate to say it but, he's been doing that way before lebron. so its not lebronesque....

no difference. they all do it. PP just cannot do it the way LBJ does or even as often as KObe IMO. he takes a ton of unecessary shots nowadays it seems. oh well. just glad we pulled this fiasco out.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2013, 10:54:22 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
everyone wants to trade him when they think he's washed up.  Nobody wants to trade him when they think he still has it.

It doesn't work that way.  The only way you get a little value out of trading PIerce is if he can continue to play like this.   Nobody is giving up assets for a washed up has-been.

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2013, 10:56:25 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
also, something nobody here has yet to discuss is PP took a 3 that was NOT needed in OT and missed instead of just getting 2 and really put us behind the 8 ball and forced green to shoot his 3. we got lucky there. i think we were down by 3 at that point. plenty of time to get two and a stop. we really rolled the dice today. and escaped.

Totally unforgivable. Forget wanting to trade him, I'd waive him tomorrow morning for taking such an unnecessary shot.

Liar. He is not getting waived, ever, by the Celtics.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2013, 12:24:48 AM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 12:30:27 AM by AB_Celtic »

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2013, 01:11:22 AM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609

i prefer to call it paul-pierce-game-5-esque
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2013, 02:12:07 AM »

fitzhickey

i prefer to call it paul-pierce-game-5-esque
Tp earned

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2013, 02:22:22 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404

we need a big who can power his way down low and shoot those 7 foot shots off the glass. what ever happened to those typed of bigs? KG never gets that far down low. too weak in the legs probably.

Not many bigs hit clutch shots close to the basket....mainly due to getting absolutely swamped by double and triple teams. All about spacing the floor for a jumpshot or a drive.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2013, 02:33:41 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2013, 04:20:36 AM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green

no difference. they all do it. PP just cannot do it the way LBJ does or even as often as KObe IMO. he takes a ton of unecessary shots nowadays it seems. oh well. just glad we pulled this fiasco out.

Did you just say PP cant do it the way LBJ does? Are you talking about hitting CLUTCH SHOTS?
I have reason to believe that PP has hit more Clutch shots than Lebron has....

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2013, 07:30:10 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
everyone wants to trade him when they think he's washed up.  Nobody wants to trade him when they think he still has it.

It doesn't work that way.  The only way you get a little value out of trading PIerce is if he can continue to play like this.   Nobody is giving up assets for a washed up has-been.

From the names floated out there, we're not getting value either way.  Therefore, hold on to him.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2013, 07:32:35 AM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green

From the names floated out there, we're not getting value either way.  Therefore, hold on to him.

I think the only way we trade him is if we get a GREAT value. And the only way people will trade for him is if they get it at a GREAT value.

Can't work both ways unless... no.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"