Author Topic: If You're Danny, what do you do?  (Read 5641 times)

Re: If You're Danny, what do you do?
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2013, 10:36:37 AM »

Offline LEHGOCELTICS

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 18
Trade Bass in any way possible, for anything possible.

all in for r rondo all in for r rondo all in for r rondo all in for r rondo all in for r rondo

« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2013, 10:49:15 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
You let the market dictate what you do.  Danny is in a position right now, where he has the team in a decent (albeit not spectacular) position going forward, but also has assets that other teams will want right now.

Right now, their success is largely based on their chemistry and the way the current players are fitting together, and making a trade will more than likely change that a bit (or a lot), so that makes it tough to try to go all in to win right now. 

And, their old guys might provide more value to the team as players and veteran leaders teaching the young guys, than they would in a trade right now.

And then of course, you have Rondo, whose value is nowhere near what it should be, because of the injury.

So, Danny just needs to sit back right now.  Take calls on everyone on the roster, and let someone blow him away...or not. 

« Reply #32 on: February 11, 2013, 10:50:42 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
Keep the band together and see what potential bigs are available.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #33 on: February 11, 2013, 10:52:18 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Yeah if you're going to make a trade it should be focused towards the future, no win now moves beyond maybe a minor shuffling.

See if a team will give you a lot for Pierce/KG or one of the role players. If not stick with your plan before Rondo's injury I guess.

« Reply #34 on: February 11, 2013, 11:15:12 AM »

Offline MBunge

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 471
I personally think Boston is pretty far away and thus if I was running the team, I would be looking to dump salary and pick up assets and start rebuilding.

I think Boston is still close enough to win a title to avoid any "blow up" moves.  I mean, Miami is really the only team in the East you'd make the Celtics big underdogs to at this point but the Heat are not a super-team.  They're just as small as Boston and if Green/Pierce and Lee/Avery can even slightly limit Bron and Wade, it might just take a few lucky bounces or big shots to defeat them.  And if you can get to the Finals, who knows?

If Boston were in the West and there were clearly 3 to 5 teams that were better and younger, a more radical approach might be warranted.

Mike

« Reply #35 on: February 11, 2013, 11:17:14 AM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
Answer the phones.

Listen to the offers.

If one comes that you like, agree to the trade.
Yep.

« Reply #36 on: February 11, 2013, 12:05:54 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1532
I personally think Boston is pretty far away and thus if I was running the team, I would be looking to dump salary and pick up assets and start rebuilding.

I think Boston is still close enough to win a title to avoid any "blow up" moves.  I mean, Miami is really the only team in the East you'd make the Celtics big underdogs to at this point but the Heat are not a super-team.  They're just as small as Boston and if Green/Pierce and Lee/Avery can even slightly limit Bron and Wade, it might just take a few lucky bounces or big shots to defeat them.  And if you can get to the Finals, who knows?

If Boston were in the West and there were clearly 3 to 5 teams that were better and younger, a more radical approach might be warranted.

Mike
Boston has won 7 straight games and is still just the 7th seed in the east.  Knicks, Pacers, Heat would be the 3 Eastern matchups if seeding held.  Not exactly a cake walk, though the Knicks would certainly be doable (I think Indy beats us however and the Heat certainly would).
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #37 on: February 11, 2013, 12:26:10 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
Trade Bass in any way possible, for anything possible.
Why?  If you think he's garbage, then why would you want other garbage instead?

« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2013, 12:29:57 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think that our win streak is great but some of our pieces are not giving us good return for our payout.   I would package Terry and Bass for a better big throw in Melo and a pick and see what it could get us.   If we get offered junk in return then do nothing but if we could get a nice piece, I would consider it.   There is no rush or need to make a deal but a big that could rebound and defend would be a big help.

« Reply #39 on: February 11, 2013, 12:30:17 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2951
DA.   might be a tad more cautious trading. Rondo or anybody else after the never ending debate a bout trading  perk..LoL

unless its  a low risk or no brainier offer ...I don't see DA doing anything other tha n signing another cheap big or two to shore up the front line.

« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2013, 12:35:06 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
I agree that Danny does nothing unless overwhelmed with an offer for someone whose value is really high right now.

Otherwise, hold tight and call up Darko and tell him to get in shape and come back to fill in as backup C. Done. Ride it out and see how we do come playoff time.

« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2013, 12:37:10 PM »

Offline kgfor3

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 11
Sign Ben Wallace and hope for the best come playoff time.