Author Topic: Can this team win a championship this year?  (Read 5858 times)

Re: Can this team win a championship this year?
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2013, 11:43:55 PM »

Offline eugen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 40
If CS will get a big man to help KG and to get maybe a good sniper to help the team, is possible to win the ring

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2013, 11:48:22 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962
No.  I still don't think we can get past Miami in a seven-game series. 

I would consider amending that statement if Danny can pick us up a good big man to help us in the paint.
No "good big man" is the difference between us and Miami.  It all comes down to how KG and Pierce play.  If they play the way they should they can easily beat the Heat in 7 games.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2013, 11:54:24 PM »

Offline AshyLarry

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 177
  • Ashy To Classy, baby.
Meh, we're one major Heat injury from having a decent shot. Even without one, we still have a puncher's chance, since JG is about as close to an LBJ-stopper as you could ask for in this league. Also their team sucks as bad as we do at rebounding, so there's that.

I agree. We've shown we can beat the heat on any given night. We've got their card on D, relatively. Bosh and ray are X factors.

TP
Although, I do think we could use a bit more depth (another decent big, and maybe a guard).

Actually, yeah, injuries are the real c factors.
My pic is now, and will be Fab Melo until he posts his first official NBA dbl-dbl. This may be permanent.

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2013, 11:55:14 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
If CS will get a big man to help KG and to get maybe a good sniper to help the team, is possible to win the ring

this, but we don't need a sniper...I solely believe Terry is our sniper

big guy, yes

« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2013, 12:08:35 AM »

Offline Lightskinsmurf

• NCE
  • Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 134

I would consider amending that statement if Danny can pick us up a good big man to help us in the paint.
No "good big man" is the difference between us and Miami.  It all comes down to how KG and Pierce play.  If they play the way they should they can easily beat the Heat in 7 games.

Really? easily?

« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2013, 12:17:31 AM »

Offline bucknersrevenge

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 170
Never say never...if we can continue to play like this in the playoffs you never know..this team has more depth/talent than last years team.

what about big man depth and quality?

KG, Bass, Steamer, and hollins

versus

KG, Bass, wilcox and collins

if we had sully then yes but it looks the same to me. now yes we have better depth at the 1, 2 and 3 spots sure. KG will never last without another good bog to help him. stevie wonder can see it

Now there's a guy I'd love to bring back. Minimally invasive move. Knows our team. Knows our defense. Blocks shots so he would be a great complement to a team that likes to run more now.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity...

« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2013, 12:41:53 AM »

Offline Atzar

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 1666

So you don't think a guy like Gortat would help us against Miami?  Heck, I'd even take somebody like Chris Kaman or Elton Brand, if they're available at a decent price.  We don't need stars.  We need a reliable backup big man who can do damage in the paint and rebound for us. 

« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2013, 12:43:12 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 176
I'm sure a few delusional nuggets fans think their team can win the title this year too.
Cmon man...sure but calm down, long ways to go

« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2013, 01:00:28 AM »

Offline Mazingerz

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 99
in a ROCKY underdog kind of way;

Peavey Bass Player - relearning to play after 10 years sucks;

« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2013, 01:38:25 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
sorta doubt it if Rondo returns

« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2013, 03:03:02 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
No.  If they play up their potential as a deep team with multiple offensive options (as they have during this winning streak), they can get fairly deep into the post-season.

But they lack the upside of teams that have superstar scoring options.  Plus, aside from that, I think against the best teams, in a seven game series, the lack of an inside game would really hurt them.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2013, 03:07:05 AM »

Offline ausbacker

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 39
The odds would be long but I don't care. I'm really pleased to see the team is playing team basketball since Rondo went done. To me, it seems all 5 players on the court at any given time have an understanding of what they should be doing. If that continues then irregardless of the final result, this team is finally playing to the capability we thought they could before the season began.

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2013, 03:12:57 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
No.  They'd need to upgrade Bass to a better big to be even considered contenders. 

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2013, 03:17:58 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
No.  They'd need to upgrade Bass to a better big to be even considered contenders.

Yeah, if they could exchange Bass for an All-Star caliber big like Paul Millsap or Josh Smith then I'd say yeah, maybe.  But that's obviously not possible.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #29 on: February 11, 2013, 04:59:47 AM »

fitzhickey

Not unless we got a distinct upgrade at power forward