Author Topic: Can the C's still win the Atlantic Division?  (Read 3748 times)

Can the C's still win the Atlantic Division?
« on: February 10, 2013, 01:41:35 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
C's are currently 6. 5 games behind NYK, and 2.5 games behind Brooklyn .

Knick are currently down 13 to the LAC. If the kincks lose today and c's win they will be 5 and a half behind them.

So what's the chance the c's could catch them ?

I think there is a good chance, knicks are so predictable on offense , and aren't great on defense .

Re: Can the C's still win the Atlantic Division?
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 01:42:04 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
There's a chance, but it's OK if we don't.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 01:52:08 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1550

I'm more concerned about moving up playoff seeds first and foremost. I do not want the 8th seed.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 01:53:06 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

I'm more concerned about moving up playoff seeds first and foremost. I do not want the 8th seed.

I'm hoping for the 4th seed and home court in the 1st round. That's our best case scenario imo.

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 01:53:28 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
of course there is a chance.  there is still a lot of bball left in the season.

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 01:53:50 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

I'm hoping for the 4th seed and home court in the 1st round. That's our best case scenario imo.

Because we're way better at home!
Denver also wants top-4 seed badly... they're 22-3 at home and really want the advantage :D
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 02:11:41 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Because we're way better at home!
Denver also wants top-4 seed badly... they're 22-3 at home and really want the advantage :D

I'd love to see denver make some noise for once in the playoffs. They seem to sputter out every year and/or luck out with a really tough 1st round opponent.

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2013, 02:17:49 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Denver is the very definition of a team on the treadmill of mediocrity.  They've lost in the first round of the playoffs 8 out of 9 seasons.  Their regular season record gets inflated a bit because the high altitude gives them a home court advantage.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2013, 02:19:12 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
Denver is the very definition of a team on the treadmill of mediocrity.  They've lost in the first round of the playoffs 8 out of 9 seasons.  Their regular season record gets inflated a bit because the high altitude gives them a home court advantage.

Wouldn't that mean if they made the playoffs as a top-4 team with home-court they would assuredly get past round 1??

They played tough against the Lakers last year and have a great chance!
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2013, 02:36:27 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
I think so.

I have a very hard time picturing either the Knicks or Nets winning our division.

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2013, 02:41:30 PM »

Offline CroCorvus

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2013, 02:57:19 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley

Wouldn't that mean if they made the playoffs as a top-4 team with home-court they would assuredly get past round 1??

I wouldn't say assuredly, because George Karl is the kind of coach who can be out-coached, but the Nuggets do have the strongest HCA in the regular season.  Unlike some other teams, I think the Nuggets would have to win their division to be considered a legitimate title contender with their current coach/roster.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2013, 02:58:00 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
I think so.

I have a very hard time picturing either the Knicks or Nets winning our division.

To put it another way, I have a very easy time picturing both those teams choking down the stretch.

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2013, 03:11:50 PM »

Offline cletus1985

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 408
That would be perfect if we did. My dream playoff bracket (within reality) would be:

1. Miami
2.Indiana
3.Boston
4.New York
5. Chicago (Rose back at 100%)
6.Brooklyn
7. Atlanta or Milwaukee (doesn't make much difference)
8. Philadelphia ( they sneak in and Bynum is healthy)

If this happened we could realistically get to the ECF. Indiana would definitely be a tough series in the 2nd round but i think we could take them in a 7 game series. Brooklyn isn't the easiest out either, but i have confidence we win that series.

Chicago playing New York is a tough series, but i believe Chicago takes it. NY having home court just makes it harder for them. Miami matching up with Philadelphia would be perfect if Bynum is able to go, they have no one to contain him and Philadelphia would make their life miserable. Then in the 2nd round Chicago and Miami battle it out and we all know that's gonna be a hard fought series wearing both teams down.

I take my chances with Boston playing either of them after their first two rounds. I know it's a long shot for the chips to fall this way, but also is a possibility and a guy can dream right?

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2013, 03:24:33 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
By the numbers yes, realistically no.