Author Topic: Bos/Mem  (Read 3442 times)

Bos/Mem
« on: February 10, 2013, 07:30:03 AM »

Offline Rtpas11

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 76
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=ayq7jok

Bos Gets: Davis
Why because the C's need a big desperately. He's still very young, talented with potential to help the Celtics right now.

Mem Gets: Melo, Wilcox & 1st with cash for a buyout (wilcox)
Why because Davis does not fit their plans (only avg 7.5 mins in the last 5 games played). They're too deep at the front court end so he's hardly gets minutes. Melo is actually a throw in with Wilcox to make #'s work. They could decide to keep Melo if he does develop into a nba player. They get cash for a buyout & most important of the deal they also get a 1st round pick (the reason for the deal) thoughts ;)

Re: Bos/Mem
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 08:38:00 AM »

Offline CroCorvus

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 41
No way memphis do that.plus they are not that deep at f/c positions.davis is young and athletic big on a rookie contract.

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 10:10:04 AM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
H is their greatest young asset, not junk.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 10:41:57 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
This makes zero sense for the Grizz. Actually it makes less than zero sense for the Grizz.

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 11:13:07 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Classic Celtic Blog homer trade with no chance of happening.

« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 11:14:24 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Fab Melo may be the more valuable prospect. Not wild about Ed Davis. Fab Melo with his size, mobility and defensive potential may end up being the better player 3+ years from now.

The Grizzlies front office is high on Ed Davis. They love his per minute production. However, the Grizzlies coaching staff isn't. Ed Davis has barely played since going there. Darrel Arthur is just as good if not better as a backup four. The coaching staff want more size. Someone who can play the center position behind Marc Gasol. Both E.Davis and D.Arthur are too small to do that. So they are overloaded there at PF.

Unfortunately, Fab Melo isn't game ready so I don't think he meets their needs. So, I don't think Memphis moves Ed Davis for this package but I do think somebody else could pry Ed Davis or Darrel Arthur out of there either before the trade deadline or next summer. No point in having both guys there. I think there is a chance for a good deal there. To get one of those guys at a good price.

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 11:19:44 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
I think Fab Melo (late first) and a first (equivalent of two first round picks, 2nd pick likely late teens in this year's draft) is a very good offer for Ed Davis. Wilcox, a rotation caliber PF, too. Plus, buyout cash if they don't want to keep Wilcox. Strong offer.

I don't understand why people think that is an unrealistic offer.

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2013, 01:43:26 PM »

Offline arctic 3.0

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 406
I think Fab Melo (late first) and a first (equivalent of two first round picks, 2nd pick likely late teens in this year's draft) is a very good offer for Ed Davis. Wilcox, a rotation caliber PF, too. Plus, buyout cash if they don't want to keep Wilcox. Strong offer.

Because Davis is the young talent they targeted in the gay trade. Don't think they are going to give up on him just yet.

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2013, 01:47:44 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Classic Celtic Blog homer trade with no chance of happening.

Every day.... :3
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2013, 01:52:28 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

Because Davis is the young talent they targeted in the gay trade. Don't think they are going to give up on him just yet.

yea, they just got him! Why would they send him to us for junk? Melo looked like he never played basketball before when he played 3.5 minutes the other night.

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2013, 09:07:56 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

This, basically.  Making this trade means the Grizzlies got only salary cap relief, a mid first rounder in an awful draft, and an extremely raw center prospect in return for Gay (as far as future assets are concerned).  That's a hard sell.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #11 on: February 11, 2013, 09:55:14 AM »

Offline minijericho29

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 24

Why because the C's need a big desperately. He's still very young, talented with potential to help the Celtics right now.

Why because Davis does not fit their plans (only avg 7.5 mins in the last 5 games played). They're too deep at the front court end so he's hardly gets minutes. Melo is actually a throw in with Wilcox to make #'s work. They could decide to keep Melo if he does develop into a nba player. They get cash for a buyout & most important of the deal they also get a 1st round pick (the reason for the deal) thoughts ;)

Rtpas11, I don't know why you're getting all this hate.  This proposed trade idea is more realistic than 90% of the others I read on this blog.  No foolin'.  Don't get me wrong, the Grizz probably wouldn't do this deal, but don't let these guys get you down.  I appreciate your efforts.

TP for using "No foolin'" in a post?

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2013, 10:05:23 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Rtpas11, I don't know why you're getting all this hate.  This proposed trade idea is more realistic than 90% of the others I read on this blog.  No foolin'.  Don't get me wrong, the Grizz probably wouldn't do this deal, but don't let these guys get you down.  I appreciate your efforts.

People forget the fact that Wilcox essentially has a No Trade Clause. He has to give his consent to a deal wherever that may be. I highly doubt he would waive that to go be bought out by the Grizz.

« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2013, 12:19:08 PM »

Offline minijericho29

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 24

People forget the fact that Wilcox essentially has a No Trade Clause. He has to give his consent to a deal wherever that may be. I highly doubt he would waive that to go be bought out by the Grizz.

I like your avatar.  I was at that game.  Chewbaca tossed a gem that night.