Author Topic: Lavoy Allen gets 22 rebounds  (Read 5734 times)

Re: Lavoy Allen gets 22 rebounds
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2013, 12:41:51 AM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
With the height Collins has, I would be grabbing 20+ rebounds every game for the Celtics no matter how many minutes I was given (obviously at least 5 minutes of playing).

To have the kind of co-ordination that even Jason Collins has at 7 foot and 250 pounds is amazing.

He's had at least a 20-year relationship with hoops, 19 since HS
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2013, 12:52:28 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
With the height Collins has, I would be grabbing 20+ rebounds every game for the Celtics no matter how many minutes I was given (obviously at least 5 minutes of playing).

To have the kind of co-ordination that even Jason Collins has at 7 foot and 250 pounds is amazing.

He's had at least a 20-year relationship with hoops, 19 since HS

I was not bashing Collins, if that's what you thought, especially not after his recent string of fantastic performances.

I was that saying badshar is underestimating Jason Collins and the NBA in general.

Some of the worst players in the league are leaps and bounds better than most of the world. Jason Collins probably has the mobility of your average 6'5-6'9 guy.

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=61955.msg1380969;topicseen

Here's a thread on Scal, which has some of the users making the point I was trying to make (and for your interest).

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2013, 12:59:23 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
Here is every game where a Celtic has had 15+ boards since 2008:

Link

Pretty impressive that Rondo has 2 of the top 8 best rebounding efforts over the past six seasons.

Firstly he's an extraordinary rebounding PG already, boxing out with the likes of Sully.
Secondly, our game force misses which lets any player get easy DREBS and the aggressive Rondo loves padding stats.

It's a strange league, comprised of Rondo and about 450 guys who never try and get points or assists or rebounds.

« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2013, 01:04:34 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen

Link

Pretty impressive that Rondo has 2 of the top 8 best rebounding efforts over the past six seasons.

Firstly he's an extraordinary rebounding PG already, boxing out with the likes of Sully.
Secondly, our game force misses which lets any player get easy DREBS and the aggressive Rondo loves padding stats.

It's a strange league, comprised of Rondo and about 450 guys who never try and get points or assists or rebounds.

Did you mean that?

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2013, 01:06:46 AM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green

Link

Did you mean that?

He did but I don't get it
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2013, 01:09:55 AM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
If you make it into the NBA as a benchwarmer then you're in the top 99.999% of humans athletically...
Or you're just tall and spent some time to make money
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2013, 01:13:12 AM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
When was the last time a Celtic got 20+ boards?...

December 7, 2008.  KG had 20 in a win over the Pacers.

The last time a Celtic had 22 boards was in January 2007, when Big Al had 22 against the Pistons.

Sully is gonna do it I within a year or so
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2013, 01:23:55 AM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Since 2010-2011, 30% of teams haven't had a player get 20 or more rebounds in a regular season game.  That includes not just Boston but Miami and Dallas.  It doesn't really mean anything that the Celtics haven't had someone get a 20 rebound game in recent years.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2013, 01:24:43 AM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

The last time a Celtic had 22 boards was in January 2007, when Big Al had 22 against the Pistons.

if Sully averages 35+ minutes he can do it...didn't he get like 16 rebounds few weeks ago?

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2013, 01:42:54 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen

if Sully averages 35+ minutes he can do it...didn't he get like 16 rebounds few weeks ago?

He did that in just under 35 minutes as a 6th man against the Suns, who had a pretty good front court of Scola and Gortat.

« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2013, 01:46:05 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Link

Did you mean that?

Maybe not. Maybe it's only when you try and get a rebound or an assist it's stat padding. Or, I don't know, maybe when players try to get rebounds and pass the ball to teammates they're actually trying to win games and the "stat padding" nonsense is just people that don't like Rondo trying to denigrate his accomplishments.

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2013, 01:55:56 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen

Link

Did you mean that?

Maybe not. Maybe it's only when you try and get a rebound or an assist it's stat padding. Or, I don't know, maybe when players try to get rebounds and pass the ball to teammates they're actually trying to win games and the "stat padding" nonsense is just people that don't like Rondo trying to denigrate his accomplishments.

Oh I see. Yeah when Rondo does it it's "stat padding". When everyone else does it, they're "doing it for the team".

I was talking about the "pure scorers" in the league. Bargnani, Monta Ellis, JR Smith...they do nothing else but score. Makes you appreciate Rondo.

Scoring has been glorified thanks to the marketing of one Michael Jordan.

« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2013, 04:21:33 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Jeff Green
The next day KG gets 18 boards. Hmmmm
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2013, 04:46:18 PM »

Offline erisred

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 37
Remember when Mark Blount had a 20/20 game?