Author Topic: Cheap PG target, Rodrigue Beaubois?  (Read 1611 times)

Cheap PG target, Rodrigue Beaubois?
« on: February 09, 2013, 02:46:26 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Roddy B has been riding the pine in Dallas and can likely be had for very cheap. He's got talent, I think he's worth brining in for the rest of this year to help stabilize the backcourt. If he works out, he's still very young, we could sign him for next year.

Re: Cheap PG target, Rodrigue Beaubois?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 02:47:33 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Roddy B has been riding the pine in Dallas and can likely be had for very cheap. He's got talent, I think he's worth brining in for the rest of this year to help stabilize the backcourt. If he works out, he's still very young, we could sign him for next year.

No more backcourt players!
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 02:49:48 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

No more backcourt players!

Why not? I know we need a big man, but we have a few empty roster spots, and Roddy B would likely be had for next to nothing. Barbosa is the only pg on the roster. Lee and Bradley are not PGs. Getting a legit backup pg in case of emergency doesn't hurt.

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 02:54:34 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

What a decline for that kid. He was once mentioned as the centerpiece of trades for Chris Paul.

I don't think we need another undersized SG though. Don't we already lead the league in that category?

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 02:56:27 PM »

Online scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
No thanks

We already have Barbosa and Terry?

He'd ride the pine here too

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2013, 03:04:29 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Beaubois has very weak PG skills. Not a floor general / organizer of an offense. Nor is Beaubois a playmaker who can create for others. He is not really a solution to this lack of a PG issue.

Beaubois is just another combo guard and an inferior one at that to the guys already here (Bradley, Lee, Barbosa, Terry).

That said, I think Beaubois would be a good fifth guard in the depth chart though. I would be happy to have him in that role if acquired at a low cost (2nd round pick?). Provide some useful depth.

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2013, 04:52:12 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
No thanks

We already have Barbosa and Terry?

He'd ride the pine here too

Not interested in Beaubois, but it would make sense to use one of the empty roster spots to take a flyer on a guard with upside for the future if you don't expect to be able to re-sign Barbosa for next season.  Beaubois is on a rookie-scale contract, not a minimum-salary contract, so the Celtics can't just send out a second-round pick to acquire him.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference