Author Topic: Would you move Rondo now?  (Read 8598 times)

Re: Would you move Rondo now?
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2013, 04:41:51 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
Rondo for Al Jefferson, Cousins even Smith would be perfect get back value that can actually help us win now. I would stay away from Gortat not great without a good facilitating PG & Milsap is only 6'8. We need size or great rebounding with shotblocking skill. Hence the only reason I brought up Smith he does everything except shoot jumpers. While Al & Cousins gives us girth/beef along with an awesome back to the basket beastlike post game we never had in the KG era. I don't count Shaq too small a sample size.

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2013, 05:04:28 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509
One thing you trade mongers forget...We really have NO ball handler if we don't have Rondo...so, if other teams PRESS us..we could be screwed....Rondo is one more adaptation away from being super GREAT...right now he is great.....and STILL getting better...and he isn't old.....and what will you say if pp or kg pulls up an injury...i hate to say it...but you have to deal with reality..though some like to avoid that here..as they are both playing VERY hard and long...and are not young. Without PP or KG...the only way you'll get people to come HERE is to play with Rondo......a passing pg like that....the same ones who say trade rondo aren't talking so big as they did about deron williams anymore...as we watched him fade.....we aren't getting westbrook or chris paul....but we have rondo still....so look elsewhere....keep rondo i say..!

I know there are trade mongers in the commmunity, but this thread doesn't seem to have any.  Posts involve +/- hypotheticals, food for thought.  Sounds to me like most of us are very cautious about a Rondo trade. 

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2013, 05:19:09 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
One thing you trade mongers forget...We really have NO ball handler if we don't have Rondo...so, if other teams PRESS us..we could be screwed....Rondo is one more adaptation away from being super GREAT...right now he is great.....and STILL getting better...and he isn't old.....and what will you say if pp or kg pulls up an injury...i hate to say it...but you have to deal with reality..though some like to avoid that here..as they are both playing VERY hard and long...and are not young. Without PP or KG...the only way you'll get people to come HERE is to play with Rondo......a passing pg like that....the same ones who say trade rondo aren't talking so big as they did about deron williams anymore...as we watched him fade.....we aren't getting westbrook or chris paul....but we have rondo still....so look elsewhere....keep rondo i say..!

I know there are trade mongers in the commmunity, but this thread doesn't seem to have any.  Posts involve +/- hypotheticals, food for thought.  Sounds to me like most of us are very cautious about a Rondo trade.
maybe i was just coopoed up too long this weekend..!

« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2013, 06:30:58 PM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
Would you move Rose out of Chicago? Since they're playing so well without him they have the 4th or 5th seed right now.

Answer is NO, they will be better with him back.

So many ungrateful fans.
Do you all have selective memories?

Rondo has done more good than bad for this team.

SMH..

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2013, 06:59:27 PM »

Offline Tradetime

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 115
Would you move Rose out of Chicago? Since they're playing so well without him they have the 4th or 5th seed right now.

So many ungrateful fans.

SMH..

I don't recall in recent years any Derrick Rose led Chicago team sitting three games under .500 this late in the year.

« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2013, 07:18:13 PM »

Offline Onslaught

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 156

So many ungrateful fans.

SMH..

I don't recall in recent years any Derrick Rose led Chicago team sitting three games under .500 this late in the year.
He's team is better.
Peace through Tyranny

« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2013, 08:01:26 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

So many ungrateful fans.

SMH..

Rose is an MVP and a franchise player. Rondo isn't.

Also, we have one more year at most with Pierce and Garnett playing at a high level. The motive to "win now" is much higher for us than it is for Chicago, who has a much younger core.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 08:08:01 PM by Boris Badenov »

« Reply #22 on: February 09, 2013, 08:19:48 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445

We;ve been pressed this year and have been fine.  Rondo's a great passer but a decent ball handler.

« Reply #23 on: February 09, 2013, 08:23:25 PM »

Offline Juneauz

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 19
No.
No way.
Absolutely not.

Next question?

« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2013, 08:38:45 PM »

Offline ChefEricT

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 16
First off, I'm from the side of the fence where we don't trade Rondo.  But if we were going to trade him, now would be the worst time to do it.  Players are a lot like stocks, and his stock is as low as its been in a long time.  Knee injury and the team is playing better since he went down.  Again, I don't believe that we are better without him, but that's not the argument here.  You don't sell apple stock after its gone down in value a few days in a row.  You wait until it comes back up, if you must sell it at all.
Mock Deadline Denver Nuggets
Nurcic/Henson
Patterson/Bennett/Arthur
Ross/Budinger
Miller/Hunter/Foye
Rubio/Ennis/Bayless

« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2013, 08:54:03 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
I wouldn't take Cousins period. The guy is an ass...., leads the league in technicals, seems like a quitter, and on and on.

Also I don't like his game, I'm tired of big guys that want to be guards. If your big play like it, man up and dominate the inside.

I would trade Rondo, I'm just not sure for whom.

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2013, 09:29:52 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
a big......like Cousins, Marc Gasol ,  Milsap,  Née Née,  Love,  ZBo,  ,     toss in Bass too.

someone who can freakin rebound the ball and play defense in the paint......and is not scard to stand in the paint. and bump and fight for rebounds.

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2013, 09:49:08 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

We;ve been pressed this year and have been fine.  Rondo's a great passer but a decent ball handler.

I'm trying to think of the last time the Celts had a player that was clearly a better ball handler than Rondo and I'm drawing a complete blank.

« Reply #28 on: February 10, 2013, 09:50:39 AM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green

I'm trying to think of the last time the Celts had a player that was clearly a better ball handler than Rondo and I'm drawing a complete blank.

Brandon Bass?
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #29 on: February 10, 2013, 10:00:37 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

Brandon Bass?

I don't think so although the previous poster may agree with you.