Author Topic: if nothing happens at the trade deadline...  (Read 3084 times)

if nothing happens at the trade deadline...
« on: February 09, 2013, 12:44:45 PM »

Offline jsingh1699

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 16
sign k-mart and pietrus?

kmart has been talked about at length as to why he wouldnt hurt.

i say pietrus because assuming we play the heat or pacers or nets in the playoffs, and we have the scenario where pp and green both get in foul trouble. at least we have another guy who can eat up some minutes against lebron, paul george, joe johnson, etc.

offensively i think hes awful, but defensively hes good enough as 3rd string sf. thoughts?

Re: if nothing happens at the trade deadline...
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 12:47:01 PM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
sign k-mart and pietrus?

i say pietrus because assuming we play the heat or pacers or nets in the playoffs, and we have the scenario where pp and green both get in foul trouble. at least we have another guy who can eat up some minutes against lebron, paul george, joe johnson, etc.

offensively i think hes awful, but defensively hes good enough as 3rd string sf. thoughts?

peaches plays for the raptors...

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 12:48:43 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
sign k-mart and pietrus?

Cant sign peaches hes already on the raptors, and i dont think the celtics are interested in kmart

Even with Jared Sullinger (back) out for the season, league sources told CSNNE that the Celtics do not have interest in signing free agent Kenyon Martin.

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 02:15:27 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Yeah, if Danny keeps it together and is looking to make a playoff run ...

Kenyon Martin is the most valuable free agent big man available and good upgrade to Boston's current crop of big men. A 2nd above average defensive big man to help out Garnett and Boston's interior defense. He'd be a big help.

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 02:25:48 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I think we make a playoff run and it ends abruptly, old guys retire and we suck again.

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2013, 03:11:47 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Kenyon Martin is the most valuable free agent big man available and good upgrade to Boston's current crop of big men. A 2nd above average defensive big man to help out Garnett and Boston's interior defense. He'd be a big help.
Seems reasonable.  What is not reasonable is that the C's would have no interest after Sully  going down, Darko leaving, KG tiring and Collins sucking.

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2013, 03:12:37 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
If? I think it's just about when.
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2013, 03:51:42 PM »

Offline albas89

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74

Seems reasonable.  What is not reasonable is that the C's would have no interest after Sully  going down, Darko leaving, KG tiring and Collins sucking.
It is even more reasonable that we not only didn't give C. Andersen a shot, but also let him sign with Miami and being an absolute steal at the moment...
"Life has so many hurdles. Some of them I've hopped over, some of them I've tripped over. The key is to get back up and finish the race."- Paul Pierce

And he did finish...

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2013, 04:13:29 PM »

Offline jsingh1699

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 16
oh wow didnt realize pietrus found a home. good for him.

darko might have stuck around if we actually gave him a chance when the season started.

my feeling is ainge is waiting to see who gets released and then will throw kmart into that mix before making a move on any free agents.

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2013, 04:37:26 PM »

Offline csfansince60s

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 2238
.....we don't get the big we need to make a realistic run at 18.

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2013, 05:58:55 PM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
LOU AMUNDSON!!

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2013, 06:58:29 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Honestly I don't expect anything to happen. Everyone is playing right now so it's not like we have extra pieces we can move. Could we use a big? Of Course. Could we get one without giving up a rotation player? Doubtful.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2013, 08:31:47 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
k-mart has a dominant personality and would be a risk to sign. But also he is all about winning and could just easily mesh in with the team. Also i believe last year he complained a few times bc he didn't get time on the court and we can't be dealing with that kind of drama.

i wouldn't sign him bc i don't think he will just sit there and behave.

I think worse case if Danny doesn't do anything by the trade deadline, we have to go back to the nbdl and get a pf/c and another G for insurance purposes.

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2013, 08:38:34 PM »

Offline wahz

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 101
I think we make a playoff run and it ends abruptly, old guys retire and we suck again.

I know its your opinion and your entitled but BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:P

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2013, 08:40:12 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
k-mart has a dominant personality and would be a risk to sign. But also he is all about winning and could just easily mesh in with the team. Also i believe last year he complained a few times bc he didn't get time on the court and we can't be dealing with that kind of drama.

i wouldn't sign him bc i don't think he will just sit there and behave.
That didn't stop Ainge from getting S.Marbury or Shaq to name a few dominant personalities. That said KMart would have to understand coming here he would be a bench/role player.