Author Topic: 76ers shopping Evan Turner  (Read 3751 times)

Re: 76ers shopping Evan Turner
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2013, 02:55:46 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
Turner had one of those final college years where he was appropriately rated going into the year (teens), then had a great year and rode the "experience, maturity + winnner" label to a huge surge in drat rank, then got drafted too high. Had he been drafted where people thought he should go after 2 years of college ball (say 15th) he'd be considered a nice rotation player out of the 15th pick.

Well, he's still a very decent player out of 2nd. Odds are he'll only get better.

he's a decent player, but you want more out number 2. some real impact players went later in the draft.
If you look at career stats (overall) he is like the 5th best player out of that draft.

Again, he's solid, but the really missed out on some gamechangers at number 2

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2013, 03:11:02 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
He was obviously drafted too high but I don't think he's an awful player. He's versatile and has nice size.

He always plays well against the celtics

Haha. He certainly didn't play well in the playoffs against us last year.

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2013, 03:39:13 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
He was obviously drafted too high but I don't think he's an awful player. He's versatile and has nice size.

He always plays well against the celtics

Haha. He certainly didn't play well in the playoffs against us last year.

He imo played pretty good. He willed in some tough shots when the 76rs needed to answer back.

I would love this kid on our team, but we would have to give up too much to get him.

It would revolve around a package of Green and Lee or Bradley for starters