Author Topic: 76ers shopping Evan Turner  (Read 3753 times)

76ers shopping Evan Turner
« on: February 09, 2013, 11:58:38 AM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
• The Sixers, sources say, are open to a shakeup as they continue to wait for the return of Andrew Bynum to give All-Star point guard Jrue Holiday some badly needed help. And I'm told Philly, as such, is shopping (or at least making calls to gauge the value of) swingman Evan Turner.

Wouldn't fit the celtics but maybe they work into a three way with us and Milwuakee?
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 12:04:49 PM by BleedGreen1989 »
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

Re: 76ers shopping Evan Turner
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 12:05:02 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
What does that quote have to do with Evan Turner?

Edit: I see you changed it now.

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 12:39:34 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Too bad the Sixers smartened up after they moved Iggy. when they moved Iggy to start their future with Turner I was stunned. I think Turner is a terrible player. I would hate to see him on the Celtics. Holiday, Iggy, Bynum Much > than Holiday, Turner, Bynum. If Bynum ever plays.

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 12:55:04 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
I thought Turner was going to be so much better than he's been.

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 12:56:15 PM »

Offline ssspence

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 403
Turner is soft.
Mike

(My name is not Mike)

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2013, 12:58:33 PM »

Offline BleedGreen1989

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 568
He was obviously drafted too high but I don't think he's an awful player. He's versatile and has nice size.

He always plays well against the celtics
*CB Miami Heat*
Kyle Lowry, Dwayne Wade, 13th pick in even numbered rounds, 18th pick in odd numbered rounds.

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2013, 01:35:46 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
For what? We have Pierce/Green but maybe...
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2013, 01:40:56 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
Turner is pretty good. Great passer for a SG and is a good slasher. He has the potential to be really really good. Keep in mind that he was a 2nd overall pick. He has an ample ceiling.

That being said, I do NOT want him on our team.

The worst problem about him is his consistency. Sometimes, he drops 20+ point, 7+ rebound, 4+ assist games, even for a 3-5 game stretch. Then he absolutely stinks for the next several games. Horribly inconsistent; not somebody I'd want to have on my team.

I like the potential and he's one of my favorite players to watch, but honestly, JEFF GREEN is more consistent than Evan Turner.
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2013, 01:43:00 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • What a Pub Should Be
Turner's been a bit of a disappointment. 

I had pretty high hopes for the kid coming out of Ohio State.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2013, 02:12:40 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
It would be interesting to see what type of talent Philly could get for Evan Turner.

I think someone like Gallinari would be interesting alongside Andrew Bynum. Pity, Philly already traded Iggy to Denver. Maybe a three team deal.

Gallo is the only wing player I can think of that makes sense for Philly that they may have been able to get for Turner. They already have a center and point guard, long term wise, hopefully. So that leaves the power forward position.

Maybe Josh Smith. Josh Smith and Andrew Bynum would be a very interesting big man combination. Fearsome defensive and rebounding duo. Not the smoothest fit offensively but I believe they'd add enough on the other end of the court to make it worthwhile. Stick two jump-shooting wings and Jrue alongside them and they can make the spacing work.

Perhaps Paul Millsap. Utah looking for a long term wing to play alongside Gordon Hayward. Excess number of big men. Millsap is still young enough to play 5+ years alongside Jrue and Bynum. That could work out well for both sides.

Yeah, that is the best I can come up with. A three team deal involving Gallo or trading for power forward such as Josh Smith or Paul Millsap.

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2013, 02:18:45 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777
A utah-millsap swap sounds great. very good idea, mutually beneficial.

Turner had one of those final college years where he was appropriately rated going into the year (teens), then had a great year and rode the "experience, maturity + winnner" label to a huge surge in drat rank, then got drafted too high. Had he been drafted where people thought he should go after 2 years of college ball (say 15th) he'd be considered a nice rotation player out of the 15th pick.

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2013, 02:35:15 PM »

Offline syfy9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • We may as well put Tyrion in at center.
Turner had one of those final college years where he was appropriately rated going into the year (teens), then had a great year and rode the "experience, maturity + winnner" label to a huge surge in drat rank, then got drafted too high. Had he been drafted where people thought he should go after 2 years of college ball (say 15th) he'd be considered a nice rotation player out of the 15th pick.

Well, he's still a very decent player out of 2nd. Odds are he'll only get better.
I like Marcus Smart

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2013, 02:43:31 PM »

Offline Fan from VT

• NCE
  • Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 777

Well, he's still a very decent player out of 2nd. Odds are he'll only get better.

he's a decent player, but you want more out number 2. some real impact players went later in the draft.

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2013, 02:50:46 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

he's a decent player, but you want more out number 2. some real impact players went later in the draft.
If you look at career stats (overall) he is like the 5th best player out of that draft. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2013, 02:55:41 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
I would love Turner on this team, we just don't have the contracts that would make sense for anyone.  Perhaps we could send Pierce someone else and get some assets that Philly might want, say something like this

BOS - Turner, Wright, B. Hansborough, Hornets 2nd, Sixers 2nd
IND - Pierce
PHI - Granger

Seems like a trade I could see all three teams making, if Boston decides it isn't going to be able to compete this year and Granger comes back and looks healthy.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip