Author Topic: Hope DA not swayed by "Fools Gold"!  (Read 9577 times)

Re: Hope DA not swayed by "Fools Gold"!
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2013, 01:38:37 PM »

Offline Casperian

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 545
Could go either way, I really don't care to make the distinction. This team is capable of playing very well, and beating anyone in the league and yes even get a championship. It's been my stance at all points of the season.

I'd say this much, I don't think the multitude of the doubters were envisioning us capable of playing like we've been lately, so that's that. But now many are revising their stance with "oh, it's because suddenly we're playing hard now" which is crap in my opinion.

You "don´t care to make the distinction"? Are you at least considering the possibility that you´re wrong?

Well, at least now you know that there are indeed nuances in the opinions on this matter, and that it´s not as black and white as you´ve pictured it.

Now, if, against all odds, your stance, which you had all season long, is proven to be false, will you draw any consequences?

The Celtics are the "good guys", after all. You want the good guys to win in the end, no? I mean, you´re not just a "consumer", who doesn´t care about wins or losses, you´re a fan, right?
In the summer of 2017, I predicted this team would not win a championship for the next 10 years.

3 down, 7 to go.

« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2013, 01:43:48 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Could go either way, I really don't care to make the distinction. This team is capable of playing very well, and beating anyone in the league and yes even get a championship. It's been my stance at all points of the season.

I'd say this much, I don't think the multitude of the doubters were envisioning us capable of playing like we've been lately, so that's that. But now many are revising their stance with "oh, it's because suddenly we're playing hard now" which is crap in my opinion.

You "don´t care to make the distinction"? Are you at least considering the possibility that you´re wrong?

Well, at least now you know that there are indeed nuances in the opinions on this matter, and that it´s not as black and white as you´ve pictured it.

Now, if, against all odds, your stance, which you had all season long, is proven to be false, will you draw any consequences?

The Celtics are the "good guys", after all. You want the good guys to win in the end, no? I mean, you´re not just a "consumer", who doesn´t care about wins or losses. You´re a fan, right?

Wrong about what exactly? I like our team, I like our talent, and like our ability to perform.

That they execute is another matter.

Back in 2007-2008 we completely dominated in regular season, and almost lost in the first two rounds. Does the outlook of that team being a capable title contender change if they for some reason didn't go all the way, when it really was an issue of executing more than anything?

If this team executes as it should, plays the game of basketball as it should, defends as it should, and we still are found to be out-matched, then sure I'll concede I was wrong about this team.

« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2013, 02:28:33 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

The Celtics are the "good guys", after all. You want the good guys to win in the end, no? I mean, you´re not just a "consumer", who doesn´t care about wins or losses. You´re a fan, right?

Wrong about what exactly? I like our team, I like our talent, and like our ability to perform.

Back in 2007-2008 we completely dominated in regular season, and almost lost in the first two rounds. Does the outlook of that team being a capable title contender change if they for some reason didn't go all the way, when it really was an issue of executing more than anything?

If this team executes as it should, plays the game of basketball as it should, defends as it should, and we still are found to be out-matched, then sure I'll concede I was wrong about this team.

If the 08 Celts had lost to the Hawks or the Cavs the main reason (IMO) would have been that they needed to learn to play together in the postseason and that lack of experience would have prevented them from being true title contenders that year.

As for this team, if they're contenders, sooner or later they'll be matched up against a good team with a tough defense that will really game plan for the Celts and make adjustments to their defense as the series progresses. The game planning and adjustments are meant to limit our ability to execute. How well we're able to maintain our execution will determine whether we're contenders.

I don't think that everyone's saying that if the Celts are playing very well and executing their motion half court offense that they're completely incapable of beating good teams. I think it's more of a case that people think they'll have quite a bit of trouble beating top teams because they'll have trouble executing when the chips are down.

« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2013, 02:48:36 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

If the 08 Celts had lost to the Hawks or the Cavs the main reason (IMO) would have been that they needed to learn to play together in the postseason and that lack of experience would have prevented them from being true title contenders that year.

As for this team, if they're contenders, sooner or later they'll be matched up against a good team with a tough defense that will really game plan for the Celts and make adjustments to their defense as the series progresses. The game planning and adjustments are meant to limit our ability to execute. How well we're able to maintain our execution will determine whether we're contenders.

I don't think that everyone's saying that if the Celts are playing very well and executing their motion half court offense that they're completely incapable of beating good teams. I think it's more of a case that people think they'll have quite a bit of trouble beating top teams because they'll have trouble executing when the chips are down.

I don't think that many are giving this much thought the situation, but I don't see much, if anything wrong with what you're saying.