Author Topic: Kyrylo Fesenko Please Sign him DA  (Read 2999 times)

Kyrylo Fesenko Please Sign him DA
« on: February 09, 2013, 02:35:13 AM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 284
  • Bleed Green, Die Green
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzrDewjv8kM

Seems like a cool dude, He was team mates with Jason Collins in the Jazz a few years ago.

Legit 7 foot 1
280 pounds
Looks pretty mobile for his size

Does anybody else want this guy on the team or is it just me?

Re: Kyrylo Fesenko Please Sign him DA
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2013, 02:41:40 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

Seems like a cool dude, He was team mates with Jason Collins in the Jazz a few years ago.

Legit 7 foot 1
280 pounds

A lot of people (few threads) have been asking for this guy for about 2 seasons now.

I'd do it... where's the risk? I don't know why we didn't try him long ago but I also feel that way about Martin... I've just accepted that Danny nem know everything I don't, they know who to try and not to (except where Birdman is concerned, which I still think is stupid, if we had the chance to get him but didn't even give him 10 days)!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2013, 02:45:15 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Fesenko doesn't have much value with Collins already here. Pass. 

« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2013, 02:46:44 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Id do it for the interviews alone. Fez is a guy Id love to have aboard.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2013, 02:48:13 AM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Bleed Green, Die Green

Legit 7 foot 1
280 pounds

A lot of people (few threads) have been asking for this guy for about 2 seasons now.

I'd do it... where's the risk? I don't know why we didn't try him long ago but I also feel that way about Martin... I've just accepted that Danny nem know everything I don't, they know who to try and not to (except where Birdman is concerned, which I still think is stupid, if we had the chance to get him but didn't even give him 10 days)!

Yeah, We need a big guy to bang inside and get boards and put backs.
This guy is available, only 1 year removed from the NBA, I think he was waived this season by the PACERS.
Could be a red flag, but the Pacers have an abundance of Center/Forward so that could have been the case, no spot for him.

He seems active, Big body, and easy going so it won't mess up any chemistry that we have right now. He is also only 26 years old. The problem with Kmart and Birdman was they are old and way past their prime, still service-able big men for sure though. Maybe some character/attitude issues as well. But I don't see that in Fesenko, seems like a down to earth kid that would love to be a part of a team.

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2013, 02:49:43 AM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Bleed Green, Die Green

I hear ya, but, he is much better offensively than Collins, And we have a couple of spots to fill. Why not?
If you haven't done so, check out the highlights on the video, he looks very mobile, and is pretty quick for his size.

« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2013, 03:04:24 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

I hear ya, but, he is much better offensively than Collins, And we have a couple of spots to fill. Why not?
If you haven't done so, check out the highlights on the video, he looks very mobile, and is pretty quick for his size.

Fesenko is brain dead. He is right there alongside Collins as one of the worst offensive centers in the league. A turnover waiting to happen. Terrible decision making. Very nervous and mistake prone whenever he is passed the ball. Defensively, Fesenko has bad fundamentals and poor positioning off the ball. A poor overall defensive player. His rebounding is below average too.

Fesenko is a really bad basketball player. A third string center who's only value is his physical size in the paint defensively and willingness to give hard fouls. Jason Collins already does that.

« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2013, 03:13:00 AM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804

Fesenko is brain dead. He is right there alongside Collins as one of the worst offensive centers in the league. A turnover waiting to happen. Terrible decision making. Very nervous and mistake prone whenever he is passed the ball. Defensively, Fesenko has bad fundamentals and poor positioning off the ball. A poor overall defensive player. His rebounding is below average too.

Fesenko is a really bad basketball player. A third string center who's only value is his physical size in the paint defensively and willingness to give hard fouls. Jason Collins already does that for us and Collins does it better.

Again, what is the problem in giving him a shot? He's very young and who knows what he could do in this environment. You seem to think people are saying he is a savior or something.

Let's just say he is nothing but another Collins... that's better than an empty roster spot and whether you believe it or not Collins is better than anyone we'd pick up out of the d-league (Doc wouldn't play them anyway). Now, if we trade to pick up a big, that's a different story and we might be waiting on a waived big (LOL a waived big... who? Not many out there anyway).
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2013, 03:22:52 AM »

Offline byennie

• Webmaster
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 3033

Fesenko is a really bad basketball player. A third string center who's only value is his physical size in the paint defensively and willingness to give hard fouls. Jason Collins already does that.

His offense does stink, but you couldn't be more wrong about his defense. In his Utah days at least, he consistently had one of the best defensive +/- in the league.

http://www.82games.com/1011/10UTA17.HTM
http://www.82games.com/0910/09UTA15.HTM

Quote from: Hollinger
The best-kept secret in the NBA right now is Fesenko's monstrous defensive stats. It's not that one or two metrics point out his defensive value; it's that all of them do, without any pointing to the contrary. Last season the Jazz were an eye-popping 11.91 points per 100 possessions better on defense with Fesenko on the floor, and this is not a new trend. The season before it was 8.67; in limited minutes his first two seasons he also had a strong differential. Synergy Stats, meanwhile, rated Fesenko as the second-best defender in the entire league among players who faced at least 150 opponent plays; the season before he was first. And according to 82games.com, opposing centers had a PER of just 10.4 against him; the season before it was 12.9. Despite his size, Fesenko doesn't block a ton of shots or dominate the boards. He just uglies up the game for opponents with his sheer hugeness, especially since he moves his feet fairly well for his size. And he can still get better -- he wasn't always fully engaged in Utah and needs to step up his commitment.

That said, he's probably redundant with Collins already here.

« Reply #9 on: February 09, 2013, 03:25:23 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith

Fesenko is a really bad basketball player. A third string center who's only value is his physical size in the paint defensively and willingness to give hard fouls. Jason Collins already does that for us and Collins does it better.

Again, what is the problem in giving him a shot? He's very young and who knows what he could do in this environment. You seem to think people are saying he is a savior or something.

Let's just say he is nothing but another Collins... that's better than an empty roster spot and whether you believe it or not Collins is better than anyone we'd pick up out of the d-league (Doc wouldn't play them anyway). Now, if we trade to pick up a big, that's a different story and we might be waiting on a waived big (LOL a waived big... who? Not many out there anyway).

We already know what Fesenko is and what he isn't. He has been around for a few years and gotten a fair bit of playing time. We know what he will bring to the table here and what he won't.

The empty roster spot, I think can be put to better use.

I don't think there is any value in bringing in a guy in Fesenko who has a similar but inferior skill-set as Jason Collins. He won't play. He won't add enough to the team.

They can sign someone else who will bring more to the table. I would rather an undersized PF like Amundson over a center with as limited value to the Celtics as Fesenko offers.

If Danny does bring in a new center, I would like to see him either (1) take a risk on someone unknown/unproven [Fesenko is a known entity] like a D-League guy who hasn't gotten a shot yet, or, (2) add a third string center who offers a different skill-set to Jason Collins. Say someone like Ryan Hollins who has very good quickness and mobility and can do different things defensively than Collins can. Or a center who can shoot but is probably quite weak defensively. Something different. A different skill-set to Collins. Give Doc a viable alternative to Collins that could be of some use in certain situations. Not just another similar but inferior center.

« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2013, 03:27:40 AM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Bleed Green, Die Green

I'm just saying, he could be another body that we can use, who knows what will happen in the future, Wilcox is injury prone. Jason Collins has had injuries in his career, We need an insurance kind of guy. Pick him up for a 10 day contract, see what he can do, its not like this guy is gonna lead us to paradise, Just give him a shot.

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2013, 03:32:36 AM »

Offline timobusa

• Ray Allen
  • Bleed Green, Die Green

I would disagree, I'd rather take a player with NBA experience, than a guy from the d-league.
I also disagree that he is similar to Collins, He is much quicker and much more mobile than Collins. Younger too.
He also has a different skill set than Collins, He can rebound better, and put it to the rim better than Jason Collins.

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2013, 07:46:17 AM »

Offline sofutomygaha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 343
do you have any reason to believe that Fesenko is in shape?

« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2013, 08:13:19 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
There is a reason he is not signed and that is most likely he is a head case or he can't play.

« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2013, 11:01:41 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
He is a spare big.

The Celtics have spare bigs. 

They need a good big now.