seems like fans think 100% kg and pierce will retire
and danny give the max contract
Yeah, I think the chances of this are insanely slim. Not only those guys retiring, but Danny finagling enough cap space to sign Smith if they do.
If we want Smith, we are going to have to trade for him, either now, or as a sign and trade in the offseason.
people must really think before posting
1) will pierce and kg retire next season?
2) will danny ferry just let smith walk and go to celtics without getting something?
3) is it enough to give him max contract if rondo pierce and kg was still here?
4) will danny ainge say YES if smith say's i want max contract?
5) rondo and him are teammates the past years since high school?
6) can rondo and smith both bring this team to a championship ring? with rondo's attitude?without a good bench players like we have?
7) will the duo of smith-rondo works while rondo hog the ball so long?
8 ) what if smith keeps on hitting 3's and missed all the time?
9) what if the celtics did not make it to playoffs with smith on the team? what will be the fans reactions?
10)can we sign another good player with smith max contract going to hard salary cap? or we are stuck at PF smith's contract and just signed some veteran old washed out players?