Author Topic: Fab Melo back to the maine red claws  (Read 5732 times)

Re: Fab Melo back to the maine red claws
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2013, 10:06:16 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
I'm pretty sure Danny is crossing his fingers that he becomes a good enough trade asset. I also think he's a bit p---ed that his few minutes in the NBA so far probably tarnished his trade value in respect to the "promise" of what he was showing in the NBDL.

If he makes himself into a player, that'd be great, but I'm not holding my breath.

I'm aware that he's a project and very raw, but his clumsiness really worries me as far as his ability to play the game at a high and effective level.

« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2013, 10:15:17 PM »

Offline tonyto3690

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 39
He looked slower than 39 year old Shaq.

If he ever plays a single meaningful minute I'd be surprised.

« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2013, 10:53:33 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green

Two years is the wait time I think
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2013, 11:06:45 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

I thought he was pretty fast down the court, he just looked incredibly goofy while running.  He looked like he was pumping his neck forward and back because he was trying so hard to go faster.  It was kind of amusing.

« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2013, 03:27:55 AM »

Offline Scottie

• NGT
  • Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 53
  • About five seconds after 17 O'clock!!
It's funny, you look at him on the court and I have trouble imagining he has even played competitive basketball before...at any level.

« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2013, 08:14:42 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
"promise" of what he was showing in the NBDL.

The whole 6 RPG?   wow!

Guys he supposedly is nursing a hamstring injury.

« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2013, 09:40:55 AM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818

The whole 6 RPG?   wow!

More like 6.8 rebounds in 27.4 minutes of play with 3.4 blocks while scoring 11 points a game. For a player that is considered quite raw, that's plenty of promise to go off on.

« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2013, 10:33:35 AM »

Offline OttawaCeltic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19
People really judge quickly... smh. How many years did it take for Perk to develop?

And Avery Bradley? I also thought he sucked during his first season and the his early sophomore season.

Jeff Green? The scapegoat of this blog because of his 9m contract?

Give the big guy a rest. It's not easy to develop a raw big guy. It will take time. If he still doesn't develop in a year or two, then it's safe to say that he is a bust.
TP
Jameer an elite PG?Please, ask that to his garbage highlights.

PAUL PIERCE, NO!

« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2013, 10:44:59 AM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green

The whole 6 RPG?   wow!

More like 6.8 rebounds in 27.4 minutes of play with 3.4 blocks while scoring 11 points a game. For a player that is considered quite raw, that's plenty of promise to go off on.

Give him three years or so
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2013, 10:59:27 AM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
been calling this since day one.  doesn't seem to have the coordination for the nba.   reminds me of loren woods.

Expected, appropriate, and still on schedule
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2013, 11:34:12 AM »

Offline bballee

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 18
Only the most wildly optimistic fans expected Melo to contribute to this year's playoff run.  Fab was always a long-term development project.  Danny had two twenties picks--Sullinger was the "battle-ready" immediate help, Melo was the investment in the future.  He's three months into a lengthy process that has already been set back by injuries.  Bringing him up for a taste and a reality check was shrewd, keeping him longer would only hamper his development.  He got his little slice of the roaring crowd, got a three-minute video of how far he has to go, didn't stay long enough to crush his hope, and has returned to his training ground.  I would hope/expect another sip of reality when the D-league winds down--maybe enough progress to provide a then/now tease to inspire continued development work.  A year-round program, a better showing in the 2013 Summer League play, some bright moments in training camp, and some actual polish in next years' D-league, perhaps weekly (or at least monthly) cameo appearances with the parent club, and maybe some real (non-garbage-time) 5-minute runs next spring.  If that is at all accurate as a timetable, then he is more or less on schedule in this lengthy development process.  Or for the Chicken-Little crowd--maybe the sky is falling.

« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2013, 11:45:21 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
When was the last project that ever amounted to anything? Last one I can think of is deandre Jordan ,but he was picked in the 2nd round.danny should of traded the pick, the 2nd and next years 2nd for 18th (Zeller)

« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2013, 11:53:19 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 364
When was the last project that ever amounted to anything? Last one I can think of is deandre Jordan ,but he was picked in the 2nd round.danny should of traded the pick, the 2nd and next years 2nd for 18th (Zeller)

avery bradley was incredibly raw his rookie year. and looked just as bad in garbage time....and he has been able to develop into a solid role-player.

« Reply #43 on: March 09, 2013, 08:15:26 AM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
Fab has had 19 blocks in his past 3 red claws games.

Leads the NBDL in blocks per game now.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #44 on: March 09, 2013, 08:53:57 AM »

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315

avery bradley was incredibly raw his rookie year. and looked just as bad in garbage time....and he has been able to develop into a solid role-player.

Bradley's rawness was of a different variety.  He always had the athleticism and already knew how to play, he was just too hyped and nervous and unadjusted to the speed of the NBA.

Melo will always be a much slower player, but his polish will come from knowing on a deeper level when he's supposed to be where.  That he should be able to learn.