Author Topic: Fab Melo back to the maine red claws  (Read 5724 times)

Re: Fab Melo back to the maine red claws
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2013, 07:19:03 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I am not going to call the kid a bust right now.  Afterall, we should all learn from what happened with Avery.  But, as I mentioned to all those clamoring for him over Collins, the kid is defintely worse than Collins right now.  Shoot, he could be the worst player in the league at this very moment.  Uh, at least he was when he was on the team.

He was not a good college player at all.  he has size and nice defensive instincts.  He just needs to improve his post moves, hands ( rebounds will come with this) and his strength level.  Trouble is, he is not even the best player on the red claws.

That would be an overstatement about the lack of his college abilities.  He did get by on pure size and athleticism, but his suspension may have cost Syracuse a championship.  I saw a few Syracuse games in person, and while he wasn't the best player on the court, he was the most dominant, if that makes any sense.

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2013, 07:21:29 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
I am not going to pre-judge him, but I was there last night, and he had to be one of the least athletic players I have ever seen in an NBA game. He looked slow and he doesn't even lift his feet of the ground when he runs -- if that is running. I got beaten up in a post on the main page when I wrote this, but he kind of reminded me of Acie Earl. Danny may have found a diamond in the rough and he could turn into a decent player -- or, he could be a draft bust. Worth the chance, I guess.

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2013, 07:23:24 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
It was all about the upside with Melo aka "The you can't teach size" theory of drafting.

Kid needs tutoring.

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2013, 07:24:54 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Give him two years please :P
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2013, 07:26:18 PM »

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Give him two years please :P

I just hope the two years can make him faster and more athletic. He will have much better skills in two years, I am sure, but I don't know how much better of an athlete he will be.

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2013, 07:32:12 PM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
Playing right now for those interested

« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2013, 07:34:07 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I am not going to call the kid a bust right now.  Afterall, we should all learn from what happened with Avery.  But, as I mentioned to all those clamoring for him over Collins, the kid is defintely worse than Collins right now.  Shoot, he could be the worst player in the league at this very moment.  Uh, at least he was when he was on the team.

He was not a good college player at all.  he has size and nice defensive instincts.  He just needs to improve his post moves, hands ( rebounds will come with this) and his strength level.  Trouble is, he is not even the best player on the red claws.
Hands are hands.  Its a physical attribute like quickness or leaping ability.  I don't expect his hands to improve.  And he has zero rebounding instincts.

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2013, 07:49:50 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
Wow people rough on the Fabster.

Realistically he was always going to be a hit or miss guy he was a late first rounder. He's rookie Perkins level right now, needs a ton of work. I honestly think he needs a serious shot of confidence. He would just get owned in the big leagues right now. He was doing great until he got that concussion now he looks clueless but he can get better.

We didn't miss out on anything with PG3 so I'm willing to give him a chance

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2013, 07:54:43 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Hands are hands.  Its a physical attribute like quickness or leaping ability.  I don't expect his hands to improve.  And he has zero rebounding instincts.

You must only watch sports or only played at a elementary level because hands can be improved vastly with some drills.

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2013, 07:56:46 PM »

Offline JHTruth

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 111
Just remember people were trashing Perk for awhile too, saying he was the next Acie Earl. Patience will be key..

« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2013, 07:57:06 PM »

Offline celticsleyte

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 9
I think his hands can be developed but it will take a while. When you grow up playing soccer you do not develop your hands like a kid growing up playing baseball, basketball, and throwing around a football like most kids in the states. He is behind the curve for his age but seems a decent athlete to my eyes.

« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2013, 08:15:53 PM »

Offline OsirusCeltics

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 198
I was one of those that said to put him in because he can't be worse than Collins, but [dang] he really is, lol

Collins looks like Tim Duncan compared to Fab

« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2013, 08:43:11 PM »

Offline jdz101

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 404
There were some shots that he could have blocked that he just couldn't get to quick enough.

He doesn't even have a nose for where the ball is defensively yet.

how much wood would a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck was chris bosh?

« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2013, 08:47:44 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
Wow people rough on the Fabster.

Realistically he was always going to be a hit or miss guy he was a late first rounder. He's rookie Perkins level right now, needs a ton of work. I honestly think he needs a serious shot of confidence. He would just get owned in the big leagues right now. He was doing great until he got that concussion now he looks clueless but he can get better.

We didn't miss out on anything with PG3 so I'm willing to give him a chance

No one is being hard on him? I easily could be much more harsh. idk what else there is to say after seeing him last night.....we're all routing for him to develop but as of now he belongs nowhere near an NBA court

« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2013, 09:01:41 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Where he should be