Author Topic: Fab Melo back to the maine red claws  (Read 5727 times)

Fab Melo back to the maine red claws
« on: February 08, 2013, 05:52:45 PM »

Offline crownontherocks

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 86
The Boston Celtics announced today that they have assigned Fab Melo to their NBA Development League affiliate, the Maine Red Claws.

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
Where he belongs...worst player I've seen in quite some time on an NBA court last night

Re: Fab Melo back to the maine red claws
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 05:59:15 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
He was advertised as raw.  I don't think Danny had any expectations when Fab was drafted that he'd be at all useful this year.  Hopefully next year, but I wouldn't be surprised if not until 2014-2015.

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Where he belongs...worst player I've seen in quite some time on an NBA court last night
Never mind "not ready for prime time", he's not ready for garbage time.

Keep working at it Fab.
Yup

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196

lol tp, I don't see him as an nba player ever. He's so goofy and slow .

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 06:04:09 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
I was one of those that said to put him in because he can't be worse than Collins, but [dang] he really is, lol

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2013, 06:06:07 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
I am not going to call the kid a bust right now.  Afterall, we should all learn from what happened with Avery.  But, as I mentioned to all those clamoring for him over Collins, the kid is defintely worse than Collins right now.  Shoot, he could be the worst player in the league at this very moment.  Uh, at least he was when he was on the team.

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2013, 06:28:48 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I am not going to call the kid a bust right now.  Afterall, we should all learn from what happened with Avery.  But, as I mentioned to all those clamoring for him over Collins, the kid is defintely worse than Collins right now.  Shoot, he could be the worst player in the league at this very moment.  Uh, at least he was when he was on the team.

He was not a good college player at all.  he has size and nice defensive instincts.  He just needs to improve his post moves, hands ( rebounds will come with this) and his strength level.  Trouble is, he is not even the best player on the red claws.

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2013, 06:44:35 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 412
I said before the draft i hope the C's dont draft him but they did. I scream nooooooo!!! Should have drafted PJ3 or anyone else
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2013, 06:52:32 PM »

Offline kgainez

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 54
I think this means a bigger something is in the works. Send him back cuz we won't need him. Maybe we've picked up Amundson or something.

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2013, 06:53:06 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
People really judge quickly... smh. How many years did it take for Perk to develop?

And Avery Bradley? I also thought he sucked during his first season and the his early sophomore season.

Jeff Green? The scapegoat of this blog because of his 9m contract?

Give the big guy a rest. It's not easy to develop a raw big guy. It will take time. If he still doesn't develop in a year or two, then it's safe to say that he is a bust.

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2013, 06:56:22 PM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
People really judge quickly... smh. How many years did it take for Perk to develop?

And Avery Bradley? I also thought he sucked during his first season and the his early sophomore season.

Jeff Green? The scapegoat of this blog because of his 9m contract?

Give the big guy a rest. It's not easy to develop a raw big guy. It will take time. If he still doesn't develop in a year or two, then it's safe to say that he is a bust.

Didn't write him off completely...he just belongs in the d league for now...he looked awful...worse then anyone you mentioned ever has.

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2013, 06:59:38 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
I'm not against sending him back to d-league. In fact, i'm all for it. If he can't sniff any minutes in the main league besides garbage time, then sending him back is the best decision. I think he will get his time on this team next season or two.

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2013, 07:00:09 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
he is cheap to develope. Perkins sucked too ......gonna have to give Fab time to develop.

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2013, 07:18:21 PM »

Offline quidinqui33

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 71
The thing I have notice with Fab, and I noticed this during the summer league as well is that he jumps for the block after the ball is already in the air because he is going for that homerun swat.  Probably worked for him in college or D-league.

He is a big dude, if he would just jump with the man he is guarding, I think he would get to a lot more balls before they even leave his defenders hands or shortly thereafter.  Hopefully that is something he is working on.  Perk had the whole gathering before he shot issue which I think this is analagous to.  It's a bad habit that needs to be broken and that is better suited for the D-league. 

I think Ainge can find a better option for us this year.  Dang, who would have thought that Darko would be missed so much.  He really is exactly what we need right now!