Author Topic: Rondo should request a trade  (Read 5114 times)

Rondo should request a trade
« on: February 08, 2013, 02:51:48 PM »

Offline Celtics/Run

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 35
This fanbase has no loyalty for a PG that has lead this league in steals/assists while dominating playoff series. They cite Allen as a witness to his flaws when Ray ran towards South Beach for less money. Short term memories fade fast.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=49cK_op2uuw&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D49cK_op2uuw

Re: Rondo should request a trade
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 02:56:07 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
This fanbase has no loyalty for a PG that has lead this league in steals/assists while dominating playoff series. They cite Allen as a witness to his flaws when Ray ran towards South Beach for less money. Short term memories fade fast.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=49cK_op2uuw&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D49cK_op2uuw
I only wish DA could have traded him before he got hurt.  But alas, no team was willing to bite.

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 03:07:12 PM »

Offline ChainSmokingLikeDino

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 96

I only wish DA could have traded him before he got hurt.  But alas, no team was willing to bite.

care to show the reports about rejected trades? The teams that didn't bite? There is zero evidence of that, but otherwise sounds good.

I think most fans do appreciate Rondo and it is a vocal minority that is yelling and screaming to trade him. Thank god they aren't trading him. This place has made me feel like a crazy person for wanting Rondo on this team going forward.

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 03:17:55 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas

care to show the reports about rejected trades? The teams that didn't bite? There is zero evidence of that, but otherwise sounds good.

I think most fans do appreciate Rondo and it is a vocal minority that is yelling and screaming to trade him. Thank god they aren't trading him. This place has made me feel like a crazy person for wanting Rondo on this team going forward.
Evidence?  That's got to be a joke right?!?  Unless you're a GM (and have the tapes) or the GM came out and said something about proposed trades (which they never do), then no one has actual evidence.  But generally speaking, where there is smoke, there is fire.  Rondo has more smoke around him than a forrest fire. 

Ans this is what rondo apoligist don't understand.  I am not saying to cut the guy or that I don't appreciate him.  I simply think we can benefit from the value he would bring in return.  I'm a fan of the Boston Celtics, and that is bigger than any player for me.

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 03:20:55 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
With all the back stabbing from the fanbase one wonders if this won't happen.

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 03:21:17 PM »

Offline Meadowlark_Scal

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 670
  • You say when......
I say No way to trade Rondo. I think sometimes people get microscope-vision here in Celtics land...with that "we could always get someone better" ideology...it isn't so. Rondo is, what, 25 yrs old..kg and pp..? ( further reason to play melo with kg, while you can) Rondo is more the future of this team, and can and will meld into it again. Doc has done some good, but he hasn't played rondo well at all....Yes, he is a "players coach" which means he tells his stars NOTHING, and they do as they please. Rondo is just like any player, if you let him do ONLY as he pleases, the team won't like it....even JORDON had to adapt to that....He was one who FINALLY saw it before it was too late also...!

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2013, 03:21:35 PM »

Offline ChainSmokingLikeDino

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 96

Evidence?  That's got to be a joke right?!?  Unless you're a GM (and have the tapes) or the GM came out and said something about proposed trades (which they never do), then no one has actual evidence.  But generally speaking, where there is smoke, there is fire.  Rondo has more smoke around him than a forrest fire. 

Ans this is what rondo apoligist don't understand.  I am not saying to cut the guy or that I don't appreciate him.  I simply think we can benefit from the value he would bring in return.  I'm a fan of the Boston Celtics, and that is bigger than any player for me.

Oh, yes, just an apologist. All I am. No, I actually think Rondo is beneficial to this team.

And, hey, no stories, no rejected trade offers, no leaks, where is the smoke? I really don't think we had been dangling Rondo and no one would take the bait. But, hey, you sensed smoke. Where was the smoke?

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2013, 03:21:55 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Rondo shouldn't request a trade. The chatter of media and fans over a few weeks shouldn't effect a player like that.

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2013, 03:25:12 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Is there a player on the team that some fans haven't wanted to trade?

Some fans want Rondo gone.  Some want KG and Pierce shipped out.  Others want to see Doc fired, or Danny fired.  Heck, there are probably fans who aren't happy with Wyc.

It just goes with the territory.  When you're a great players, some are always going to think you're overrated.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2013, 03:26:58 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.

I'v been saying the same thing over and over and over.

I want him here, I want him playing for the Celtics. But some fans just have VERY HIGH expectations for technically a small man (basketball wise). Most of them does not appreciate what he brings and what he has done. It's always his fault.

I want him traded ONLY because he deserves better treatment that some Celtics fans are not giving him. I feel bad for him.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2013, 03:26:59 PM »

Offline Chief

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2450
Bill Simmons suggested trading Rondo for Cousins and Salmons. I'd have to think about that one. Elite bigs are even harder to find than elite point guards.
Once you are labeled 'the best' you want to stay up there, and you can't do it by loafing around.

Larry Bird

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2013, 03:27:37 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

Some fans want Rondo gone.  Some want KG and Pierce shipped out.  Others want to see Doc fired, or Danny fired.  Heck, there are probably fans who aren't happy with Wyc.

It just goes with the territory.  When you're a great players, some are always going to think you're overrated.
Kobe was getting killed by a lot of Lakers fans when they started off so poorly and he wasn't defending a lick.

They've since moved on to other goats.

Similar thing here with Rondo, he's removed and we win 6 in a row and suddenly we get odes to how much he hurts the team. If we lose the Clippers game or the Raptors game I doubt we get the same massive missives.

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2013, 03:30:28 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas

Oh, yes, just an apologist. All I am. No, I actually think Rondo is beneficial to this team.

And, hey, no stories, no rejected trade offers, no leaks, where is the smoke? I really don't think we had been dangling Rondo and no one would take the bait. But, hey, you sensed smoke. Where was the smoke?
Okay, so you're trying to pretend we you haven't heard the rumors?  How about these three below?  In each case, the "rumor" was that the other team was not interested.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/7296934/sources-boston-celtics-deal-rajon-rondo-land-chris-paul

According to an SI.com report, Celtics general manager Danny Ainge is "highly motivated" to land Paul. The report says the Hornets don't appear interested in a two-team deal in which Rondo and Paul would switch places. So Ainge has been trying to find a third team to get involved.

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/7631850/sources-boston-celtics-aggressively-trying-trade-guard-rajon-rondo

In December, the Celtics had discussions with Golden State about a Stephen Curry-for-Rondo deal, and one source says it was Golden State that decided against pulling the trigger. But Curry's recent ankle injuries, which have caused him several problems in his short career, have given the Celtics pause.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1256288-nba-trade-talk-time-to-re-think-the-westbrook-for-rondo-deal

Last fall, the Boston Celtics reached out to the Oklahoma City Thunder in an attempt to acquire star point guard Russell Westbrook.

The premise of that deal was Westbrook for Boston's Rajon Rondo, with Oklahoma City re-acquiring Jeff Green and Boston re-acquiring Kendrick Perkins.

Oklahoma City wasn’t interested in that deal last fall, but it is time to re-open the Westbrook for Rondo talk. The deal, at its core, benefits both teams.

« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2013, 03:33:05 PM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas

This is what annoys me about many fans.  It is not about trying players that you think suck.  It is about trading value for value to improve your team.  I don't think rondo sucks and I have never said cut the guy. 

What I do think is that we could be improved by trading him for value, especially with size, in return. 

« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2013, 03:33:39 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Part of me wants the Celtics to go on a 5-game losing streak to end this absurd talk.  Most of me wants the Celtics to just keep playing well, with or without Rondo, and just stop reading these forums.