Author Topic: Hassan Whiteside  (Read 754 times)

Hassan Whiteside
« on: February 08, 2013, 02:02:19 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
Anyone know why he is barely making it on the court now for the Rio Grand Valley Vipers.

Ever since his game on Jan 7th he has only made double digit minutes twice and never as much as the 20 he had that game.

Check out his stat line in that game though, 20 minutes played, 8-11 from the floor, 3-5 from the stripe, 17rebounds in 20 minutes, a steal, 5 blks, and just one turnover.  An unbelievable stat line and he hardly has played since.

His per 48 on rebounding was over 24.  He shoots an excellent percentage from the floor and blocks shots.  I don't get why he is getting so few minutes now.  It isn't like he is hurt because he still gets 4 minutes a game.  Seems strange.

Re: Hassan Whiteside
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 02:04:54 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
because he's garbage.

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 02:06:40 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Clueless player. Last I saw of Whiteside, he was making as many mental and defensive errors as a young Gerald Green.

Lots of unrefined talent there though. With strong coaching and hard work, Whiteside could turn it around.

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 02:18:23 PM »

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
Not good enough for the NBA
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 02:27:19 PM »

Offline danglertx

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 210
Well he might not be good enough for the NBA, as I'd assume 90% of the D-League is, but he was playing a lot and putting up very good stats, leading the league in per rebounding.  Seems odd it just stopped after a great game.

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2013, 02:40:43 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
great size and ridiculous wingspan but his bbiq is low. Always a step behind. In the nba you have to at least match step by step, and if you want to play for the celts , be always a step ahead, especially on the defensive end

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2013, 03:20:32 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
When a guy with that combination of size and general physical gifts fails to even make it at the D-league level, I think it's safe to assume it's a combo of poor work ethic and just plain not being very smart.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain