Author Topic: Pierce and KG, Dynamic Duo.... What Could Have Been  (Read 1664 times)

Pierce and KG, Dynamic Duo.... What Could Have Been
« on: February 07, 2013, 11:00:44 PM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
It's a shame we didn't get KG to pair with Pierce 3 or 4 years earlier than we did.  I believe they win at least 3 championships by now.  These guys are two of the most competitive stars in the league and we are lucky to have them.  Just look at what they're doing at their ages.  :o  They still have the skill, but it's a whole lot of heart too.

I just love Pierce and KG so much!  Pierce a bit more because he's a lifetime Celtic.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

Re: Pierce and KG, Dynamic Duo.... What Could Have Been
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2013, 11:14:05 PM »

Offline ScottHow

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 354
  • It's what I do! It's who I am!
If there is any player in the league that looks like he was born to be a Celtic, it's KG.

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 11:33:57 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
I think they would have been a dynasty (even without Ray) if they were together in their mid to late 20's. KG's numbers were mind boggling from 2002-07 and we all know what a prolific scorer Pierce was.

Pierce is my favorite player and the reason I became a Celtics fan in 2001, but nobody embodies the definition of a Celtic like Kevin Garnett.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2013, 09:34:11 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
I think they would have been a dynasty (even without Ray) if they were together in their mid to late 20's. KG's numbers were mind boggling from 2002-07 and we all know what a prolific scorer Pierce was.

Pierce is my favorite player and the reason I became a Celtics fan in 2001, but nobody embodies the definition of a Celtic like Kevin Garnett.

I agree.  They would have won championships without Ray. That's why I didn't mention him when creating this thread.  Pierce and KG are two of the most competitive stars in the league.  It's a shame Pierce didn't make the allstar team with the way he is playing.  I think he missed it due to the slump he went through.  Many thought he was done. But no, he's not. 8)

That game last night was a testament to their competitiveness.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2013, 09:45:53 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175
Nah even they had said maybe it wouldn't have worked earlier in their careers, all the losing they did over their careers redefined them and made them get to the point of willing to sacrifice individual things for team...yeah the Celtics would've been relevant but I don't think there's any guarantee of championships against the Shaq lakers or Duncan spurs

« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2013, 09:47:28 AM »

Offline scaryjerry

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 175

Numbers mean nothing...he became a champ when he stopped caring about numbers on first round playoff fodder teams

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2013, 10:16:06 AM »

Offline Greenbean

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 418

Numbers mean nothing...he became a champ when he stopped caring about numbers on first round playoff fodder teams

I dont think KG ever cared about offensive numbers. Actually his biggest cirticism in those years was NOT dominating the ball and being passive on the offensifve end at times. Pierce howver would have needed an adjustment period but Doc was turning him into a team player starting in 2005.

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 10:21:00 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
A dynasty. We would have been in the finals every year in the early 2000s had Antoine Walker been KG.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14